2. Install RubyStack• Go to http://bitnami.org/stack/rubystack/• Click on the “Installer” button• Once the installer has finished downloading, run it.
3. Install Sinatra• Open the Start Menu and find the RubyStack console – You can do this by typing “Use Bitnami RubyStack” in the search box on the start menu. – From the RubyStack console, type the following: • gem install sinatra • When I did this, it barfed on the docs for Sinatra. The important thing to see is “2 gems installed successfully”
4. Create the Ruby file• From the RubyStack console, change directories to someplace you’ll remember – i.e. cd Users[your user name]Desktop• Create the file – touch sinatra-demo.rb
5. Edit the file• notepad sinatra-demo.rb• Enter the following text (then save the file): require ‘rubygems’ require ‘sinatra’ get ‘/’ do “This is the sinatra demo page!” end
6. Start Sinatra• From the RubyStack console: – ruby sinatra-demo.rb – Note the port number Sinatra starts under • Probably 4,5,6,7 (har, har)
7. Open local host• Open a browser window, then type – localhost: + port number • i.e. localhost:4567• You should see:• “This is the sinatra demo page!”