Open Day App
• For visitors to learn more about
curriculum areas, including fun info
• Work on any Smart device with QR
• Externally facing
• Easy to use
• App was based on earlier versions of another
• Built in HTML5 (using bootstrap framework) with
• Data gathering via Google Form:
• 200 words for blurb
• Links to promotional information
• 3-5 images
• 3 interesting facts
• contact information
• QR code posters produced
• Visitors would scan QR code posters to:
• View information on specific subject area
• To enter a draw for a chance to win an Amazon
• Add ‘promotional’ information to packs before the event.
• Actively promote app before the event.
• Make all staff aware of the app and its potential uses, rather than a
• Ensure you have a good admin/data collection method.
• Add admin function (CMS) to allow staff to add content, give them
• Have default/example data to show staff what the app could look like
with little effort.
• Create a different incentives to scan a QR code based on the target
audience (£25 Amazon voucher seemed to have little effect!).
• Educate staff to what can be achieved with the app and the use of QR
codes in their wider teaching.
The LSRC QR web app
• LSRC currently only has one printed book
the students must share.
• Each LSRC model used in the web app
has its own QR code attached to its base.
• System can potentially host content for
all of the models in LSRC (200+).
• Makes self directed learning more
• Provides students a hub of specific and
consistent materials in one place.
• Easy for admins to manage and update
using built in CMS.
• Made with HTML5 (Using
Bootstrap framework) whilst
incorporating PHP and
MySQLi for backend.
• Responsive design (displays
nice on everything).
• Test existing knowledge with
• Email content for later or to a
colleague (print friendly).
• Easy to use, no fuss
• Search function to help find
• CMS system - still mobile
• Create/update content.
• Register new and
• Quiz automatically
• Dynamic QR generator
• Create a new model and
print the new QR code
from web app
• Statistics and analytics for the
developers and admins to aid
in future developments
• Import full model label content
from existing Excel doc.
• Make better use of tablet screen
size (display differently to
• Smarter integration with
external resources (currently
takes user to that resource and
searches automatically based on
model keywords input by
• Ability to download images of
model straight from web app
(instead of linking to an image
• Port as native mobile app (Using
an HTML5 framework or Adobe
• Make use of devices camera
with augmented reality to detect
the model in view and overlay
• Or have built in QR reader within
app to scan and view all in one
• Rotatable 3D models within app
If you would like to collaborate
with us please get in touch: