A bit about the project...
● Funded by the AHRC’s
programme in 2011.
● In conjunction with 3 other
HEIs and Superfast Cornwall.
● Focus on social learning.
A bit about the pedagogy/delivery...
● Situated learning/Communities of practice
(Lave & Wenger)
● Blended learning
● Development of digital literacies
● Open Educational Resources (OER)
● Adaptable and co-researched resources.
A bit about the literacies...
● Learning delivered in weekly bites
● Learning by Doing (Gibbs)
● Week 1 - Tools, Week 2- Digital
● Flipped Classroom - Engage and
share resources and ask
questions through weekly
Magda Tyżlik-Carver, Mike Wilson (2014) 'Building the University of the Village: connecting
universities and rural communities in the age of network cultures' in Søsser Brodersen, Jens
Dorland & Michael Søgaard Jørgensen (eds) Building Knowledge Paper Book, Center for
Design, Innovation and Sustainable Transitions, Aalborg University Copenhagen.