2. In Biblical Perspective Gen. 1:27 “So God created humanity in His own image, in the mage of God, He created male and female.” Gen. 2:8 “And God saw everything that He had made, And behold, It was very good.”
3. Why study the difference between a manand a woman? To understand, accept, and appreciate the opposite sex. To learn to complement each other rather than compete. To develop wholesome relationship among friends, family circles, acquaintances and special friendships. To accomplish God;s unique role for each other thus glorifying God.
4. Understanding the DifferenceA. NATUREMAN WOMAN A woman is soft then hard. A man is hard then She is weak, helpless, soft fearful, but caring, He is strong, brave, compassionate and darling, firm and sensitive. decisive. She is hard too because He can be gentle and she has her convictions sensitive. and principles.
5. The positive hard characteristic attitude of a man and the soft qualities of a woman is a combination of a good reflection of being in God’s image.
6. SuggestionsMAN WOMAN Appreciate her soft Appreciate his positive qualities hardness knowing that it Treat her gently gives you sense of Do not allow her unique security. Do not be resentful or feminine assets to minister you. proud if they do not possess soft qualities you have. Do not insult or challenge their lack of softness.
7. RoleA man is born a A woman is born Protector Helpmate Provider Homemaker
8. As a Protector As a Helpmate (HELP MEET) Delight in serving a Always protect a woman from danger man (start from your family) Make her feel Encourage and secured when she is with you express confidence Be a good listener
9. As a Provider As a Homemaker You should be Learn to make people responsible in providing at home and for the basic needs of comfortable. your family Set an atmosphere of Do not be dependent LOVE, warmth, on the woman for the acceptance and open financial needs communication in your Be efficient in your home. work.
10. Interest and Source of FulfillmentA man’s INTEREST is on A woman’s INTEREST is the outside such as: her home which World events includes the following: Economic Condition Husband Friends Children Sports Domestic work job Home-making
11. SuggestionsMAN(to understand a woman) WOMAN (to understand a man) Learn to listen with Enjoy listening to him as he interest as she shares shares his world. her life and concerns. Do not get easily offended Appreciate her if he fails to notice or appreciate your domestic achievements. accomplishments. Do not be jealous about his job, because he is doing it for you.
12. Needs A man’s greatest need is A woman’s greatest to be adored and need is to be loved and respected. appreciated. He seeks to be admired especially for his masculine A woman by nature is qualities such as insecure and needs leadership, physical unceasing assurance of strength, and their own being loved and ideals, principles and convictions. secured. They thrive in love.
13. A man’s A woman’s fulfillment fulfillment comes from his comes from a successful job. happy home.
14. SuggestionsFor a Man For a Woman Assure her always of Admire him especially in your love. Words count his masculine qualities. a lot to her. Thoughtful Never doubt, challenge acts are cherished by or insult his her. masculinity. Do not use her. It is Express high regards very easy to ask favor for him in attitude, from her if she is words and actions. assure of your love.
15. Other Needs A man needs a woman’s loyalty, support, encouragement, listening ear and service. A woman needs a man’s attention. Protection, company and understanding.
16. SuggestionsFor a Man For a Woman Learn to greet her first Express support in his and notice even small work, visions and new or pretty things in concerns. her. Express attitude of Make here feel that acceptance and full you are aware of her trust in victory and presence. failure.
17. SuggestionsFor a Man For a Woman Volunteer to do When they are hard work for her. sick, serve them Develop your well physical strength. Let them do hard work for you.
18. PHYSICAL A man is stronger in terms of physical strength. He can exert greater energy for work. A woman has greater endurance for inner pain, stresses, illness, and shocks of her life.
19. SEXMan Woman A woman is aroused by A man is easily aroused by sight and smell. touch and soften by For a man, sex can just be a satisfaction of a surface gentle words. physical strength. For a woman, sex is He can be easily tempted without deeper emotional deeper. It involves soul attachment. and spirit. He has a natural desire to express his love through physical She is usually affected manifestation like holding hands, embracing and etc. by the man she desires.
20. SuggestionsFor a Man For a Woman Realize that sex is not love Avoid using seductive and love is not sex. clothes. Study God’s view of sex. Be holy and descent in your Avoid unnecessary ways. physical contact with her. Do not yield to all of guy’s Avoid going to to places wishes. In his way, you are that will tempt you beyond helping him control himself. your control. Avoid discussing Know your limits as a man “suggestive” topics with and you may discuss it him. with your special girl.(esp. if Avoid going out in you are engaged) tempting places with him.
21. EMOTION A man is emotional too but A woman is emotional and sometimes suppresses shows it. the expression of it. Her thinking is affected by His thinking is less emotional state. affected by emotional Her moods are state. unpredictable because it is Moods can be determined normally affected by by environmental factors. physiological changes in Generally, he is more her body. emotionally secure.
22. SuggestionsFor a Man For a Woman Do not suppress your emotions. Do not condemn a man who Express it. shows it. Learn to be expressive about Do not expect him to express your emotions but with love the way you do. They are discretion. different. Accept her even if you can’t Let God be your emotional understand her. security and not man. Just listen and avoid arguments Do not hate yourself for feeling when she is at the peak of her unassured of his love. A woman emotion. She can’t think logically. needs repeated assurance. Understand that she needs a Never make any major decision regular assurance of love not when you’re at the peak of your only in action but in sweet emotions. words.
23. SPIRITUAL A man is less religious than A woman is more a woman. religious than man. He generally matures slower in his faith. But She matures faster. once committed, his She is concerned about convictions are deeper and “how” in reaching her stronger. spiritual goal. He knows his goal in terms of his relationship with God She is expressive of her but he is not so concerned spiritual experience. about “how”. She is faithful to her He is less expressive about religious obligations. his relationship with God.
24. SuggestionsFor a Man For a Woman Do not feel proud if you Do not judge him as have deeper being less spiritual just convictions than her. because he is not expressive Refrain from preaching Be serious in your walk with God. to him. They would rather see you live what you preach.
25. General Attitudes and CharacteristicsMan Woman Logical thinker Emotional feeler Optimist Pessimist Can set aside problems Problem carrier Consistent Changeable Direct, truthful Indirect Democratic Sometimes biased Decisive Indecisive Brave, daring, adventurous Fearful Less compassionate compassionate
26. General Attitudes and Characteristics Practical Idealistic and romantic Stubborn Traditional Easily keeps secrets Shares a lot Believes by proof Believes by promise Guilt-prone Resentment prone Less competitive Competitive Person-oriented Goal-oriented Impulsive Evaluates then acts Many friends but less Faithful in friendship deep Sees the whole Sees the detail Less sensitive Sensitive
27. General Attitudes and Characteristics Can keep problem Needs outlet for by himself problems Treat world Treat world personal impersonally intuitive Analytical
28. Suggestions Accept and understand individual difference and complement each other.
29. Conclusion If men and women accept and understand their unique differences, appreciate their individual strengths and complement in their weakness… Then, this world will be wholesome to live in. men and women will enjoy life to the fullest and will be able to live harmoniously. We can live with peace, and love.