1. You are not like them (or me) * not better or worse - just different"I am not teaching me, I am teaching them" (Heather Montague, 2010)
2. Supervise yourself! or Take control of your supervision! Some ideas to try https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AW_ST60LiRO1ZGRnNjc5c2JfNDgwZHNrODg3ZGo&hl=en
3. Make use of all your class time - have students talk outside the room and enter the room ready to start - reading material, math problem on the board, a news item to think about, a science oddity to ponder and explain, a poem to memorize ...
4. Never stop learning – subject, student’s cultures, whatever.
5. Try to make contact with everyone every class.
6. The only real crisis in your classroom is the one you create.
7. Communication is mainly nonverbal. It's way more - eyes, arms, motion, smell, stance, etc
8. Technology does not solve problems --- people solve problems.
Technology should be about helping individuals, groups and society.
9. Multimedia is the 'black hole' of time
minor adjustments will take inordinate amounts of time
this is why you want students creating the multimedia stuff - you don't have time1
10. Any activity has to make it better for learning
or not hurt learning while making it easier for the teacher.
11. Technology is not neutral
it is Western, white, male, military, democratic, consumer centric and emotionless ...
12. Once the mark is given, the learning stops.
13. Don't complain about the marking - you assigned it! Make it interesting. You do not have to mark everything.