Mobile Phone  Survey Garnering an initial, basic insight into consumer behaviour & perception
The Questionnaire – A SnapShot Demographic Information
The Questionnaire – SnapShot  (contd...) Consumer Behavioural Information
The Questionnaire – SnapShot  (contd...) Consumer Behavioural Information
The Questionnaire – SnapShot  (contd...) Openness to new brands * 17 th  Question deleted
The Response – An Overview <ul><li>The questionnaire was sent to over  100  persons through the Internet </li></ul><ul><li...
The Respondents– An Overview <ul><li>The internet respondents included Students, Professionals, Housewives etc. </li></ul>...
The Response – in detail Nokia Sony Ericsson Motorola LG PDA No mobile Others Samsung <ul><li>‘ Others’  include brands - ...
The Response – in detail 41.5% 40% 13.85% 4.62% <ul><li>Maximum -  27 respondents (41.5%)  were in  Rs 10000-20000  catego...
The Response – analysis 41.5% 40% 13.85% 4.62% <ul><li>Just  9  respondents in Rs 5K - 10K </li></ul><ul><li>27  responden...
The Response – in detail (15.38%) (27.69%) (3.08%) (23.08%) (15.38%) (15.38%) Where did I buy my mobile from? <ul><li>‘ Ot...
The Response – in detail Why did I choose this brand over others? (55.38%)  (40.00%)  (20.00%)  (32.31%)  (10.77%)  (3.08%...
The Response – in detail <ul><li>‘ Others’  include brands – Panasonic, Siemens and CDMA connections (Tata, Reliance) </li...
The Response – analysis What Mobile do I Own? <ul><li>38 respondents (59%)  had  Nokia while  33 respondents (51%)  have  ...
The Response – in detail How often do I  (plan to)  change my mobile <ul><li>Clear preference for  2+ years  to change the...
The Response – in detail Am I open to buying a different brand? <ul><li>36 respondents (55%)  are   open to trying a new b...
The Response – analysis Of those who responded “would be open to new brands”, 67% changed their brand in the past. Strong ...
The Response – in detail Depends on the bundled offer (if it has something new that is unavailable otherwise)  23% Don’t c...
The Response – in detail Would I be open to buying a brand completely new to the market ? Yes  and  Not sure/Don’t know  =...
Why Would I shift to a brand that is completely new to the market? Total respondents were  65 The Response – in detail
The Respondents – in detail
The Respondents – in detail
The Respondents – in detail Ownership pattern of common personal items
Note these!  (for future action) <ul><li>Data for the survey may have been skewed by majority Internet response, as eviden...
<ul><li>Thank You! </li></ul>
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Mobile Phone Survey

48,609

Published on

Milagrow Business and Knowledge Solutions did a dipstick market research on Mobile Phone brands in India, reasons why people buy particular phones, what price range they prefer etc.

Published in: Business, Technology
21 Comments
53 Likes
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total Views
48,609
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
2
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
21
Likes
53
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Mobile Phone Survey

  1. 1. Mobile Phone Survey Garnering an initial, basic insight into consumer behaviour & perception
  2. 2. The Questionnaire – A SnapShot Demographic Information
  3. 3. The Questionnaire – SnapShot (contd...) Consumer Behavioural Information
  4. 4. The Questionnaire – SnapShot (contd...) Consumer Behavioural Information
  5. 5. The Questionnaire – SnapShot (contd...) Openness to new brands * 17 th Question deleted
  6. 6. The Response – An Overview <ul><li>The questionnaire was sent to over 100 persons through the Internet </li></ul><ul><li>Received response from 50 persons over the net. </li></ul><ul><li>Physically administered the survey to 15 persons – to cover segment without internet reach </li></ul><ul><li>Total sample space = 65. </li></ul>
  7. 7. The Respondents– An Overview <ul><li>The internet respondents included Students, Professionals, Housewives etc. </li></ul><ul><li>The physical respondents included factory workers, rickshaw drivers, drivers etc. </li></ul><ul><li>Around 65% of the respondents were from in and around Gurgaon. (including all the non internet respondents) </li></ul><ul><li>The remaining 35% were Urban population from around the country. (mainly metros) </li></ul>
  8. 8. The Response – in detail Nokia Sony Ericsson Motorola LG PDA No mobile Others Samsung <ul><li>‘ Others’ include brands - HTC, Haier and CDMA connections (Tata, Reliance) </li></ul><ul><li>Nokia leads with 33 persons (51%) followed by Sony Ericsson with 11 persons (17%) and Motorola with 9 persons (14%). </li></ul>Total respondents were 65
  9. 9. The Response – in detail 41.5% 40% 13.85% 4.62% <ul><li>Maximum - 27 respondents (41.5%) were in Rs 10000-20000 category </li></ul><ul><li>closely followed by 26 respondents (40%) in the below Rs 5000 category </li></ul>Total respondents were 65
  10. 10. The Response – analysis 41.5% 40% 13.85% 4.62% <ul><li>Just 9 respondents in Rs 5K - 10K </li></ul><ul><li>27 respondents in Rs10k – 20K </li></ul><ul><li>Indicates that beyond a threshold, people go all out and spend more to get a better deal. </li></ul><ul><li>Of the 26 respondents in the Below Rs 5000 segment, 15 were from the non – internet lower segment. </li></ul><ul><li>Just 9 respondents in Rs 5K-10K </li></ul><ul><li>Indicates that outside of the lower segment, people are spending more on their mobile phones. </li></ul>Total respondents were 65 Total respondents were 65
  11. 11. The Response – in detail (15.38%) (27.69%) (3.08%) (23.08%) (15.38%) (15.38%) Where did I buy my mobile from? <ul><li>‘ Others ’ include – Online, Bulk purchase through company, Second hand etc. </li></ul>
  12. 12. The Response – in detail Why did I choose this brand over others? (55.38%) (40.00%) (20.00%) (32.31%) (10.77%) (3.08%) (12.31%) ‘ Others’ include – user friendly, came with connection, bought by company
  13. 13. The Response – in detail <ul><li>‘ Others’ include brands – Panasonic, Siemens and CDMA connections (Tata, Reliance) </li></ul><ul><li>Nokia leads with 38 persons (59%) followed by Samsung with 4 persons (6%) and Motorola & Sony Ericsson with 2 persons (3%) each </li></ul>Total respondents were 65
  14. 14. The Response – analysis What Mobile do I Own? <ul><li>38 respondents (59%) had Nokia while 33 respondents (51%) have N okia </li></ul><ul><li>Indicates weakening of traditional Nokia grip on Indian mobile phone market. </li></ul><ul><li>Only 2 respondents (3%) had each of Motorola and Sony Ericsson while 11 respondents (17%) have Sony Ericsson and 9 respondents (14%) have Motorola </li></ul><ul><li>Indicates growth in India of other globally well - selling brands. </li></ul>Brands like Samsung and category of ‘Others’ indicates a steady position. Total respondents were 65
  15. 15. The Response – in detail How often do I (plan to) change my mobile <ul><li>Clear preference for 2+ years to change the mobile - 36 respondents (55%) </li></ul><ul><li>followed closely by 1-2 years with 23 respondents (36%) </li></ul>(combined span of 91%) Total respondents were 65
  16. 16. The Response – in detail Am I open to buying a different brand? <ul><li>36 respondents (55%) are open to trying a new brand </li></ul><ul><li>This combined with the 7 respondents (11%) Not Sure would give a: </li></ul><ul><li>66% spectrum of opportunity. </li></ul>Total respondents were 65
  17. 17. The Response – analysis Of those who responded “would be open to new brands”, 67% changed their brand in the past. Strong Correlation between response and past behaviour <ul><li>On analysing the data on current mobile brand and previous mobile brand of each individual: </li></ul><ul><li>Of those who responded “prefer sticking to same brand” ,82% did not change their brand in the past. </li></ul>
  18. 18. The Response – in detail Depends on the bundled offer (if it has something new that is unavailable otherwise) 23% Don’t care about this when buying a phone. 9% Would prefer bundled service 22% Would prefer to choose service myself 46% Would I prefer a connection bundled with my phone? Total respondents were 65
  19. 19. The Response – in detail Would I be open to buying a brand completely new to the market ? Yes and Not sure/Don’t know = 21%+34% = 55% (36 respondents) can be seen as an index of opportunity for new brands. Total respondents were 65
  20. 20. Why Would I shift to a brand that is completely new to the market? Total respondents were 65 The Response – in detail
  21. 21. The Respondents – in detail
  22. 22. The Respondents – in detail
  23. 23. The Respondents – in detail Ownership pattern of common personal items
  24. 24. Note these! (for future action) <ul><li>Data for the survey may have been skewed by majority Internet response, as evident from: </li></ul><ul><li>66% of the respondent fall in the 17 – 25 range </li></ul><ul><li>While this band represents the trendsetters this count may be skewed by the fact that 50 of 65 respondents are internet respondents. </li></ul><ul><li>49% of the respondent fall in the Professional Degrees </li></ul><ul><li>This count may be skewed by the fact that 50 of 65 respondents are internet respondents. </li></ul><ul><li>Data skewed as it covers majority population from in and around Gurgaon. </li></ul>An exhaustive pan-India survey that covers these shortcomings needs to be undertaken to gain an in depth understanding.
  25. 25. <ul><li>Thank You! </li></ul>

×