1. UNIVERSALBy Ellie Day, Roxy Treagus and Jacob Helvadjian
2. • Universal Music Group is the largest group and family of record labels in the music industry.• Universal owns a music publisher, Universal Music Publishing Group who are the worlds largest following the acquisition of BMG music publishing in May 2007• Universal owns and has joint shares in a large number of record labels such as: Interscope records and Geffen records.
3. • President – Steve Burke, Zach Horowitz• Boyd Muir: CFO• Max Hole: Chief operating Officer of UMG international• Limited liability company• Universal studios are owned by NBC Universal• Universal music was once the music company attached to film studio universal pictures. Its origins go back to the formation of the American branch of Decca Records in 1934.
4. • Started in 1995 and was founded by Doug Morris and Daniel Glass, its main head quarters is currently in New York• It is the worlds leading music company (representing about 80% of the industrys market)• The Universal Music Group also has a Universal Music Latin Entertainment company which is the worlds biggest one. Where as Universal Music Group international manages UMG’s businesses in all countries outside the USA.• Its publishing music company, Universal Music Publishing Group, it’s the worlds leading publishing business, it owns and obtains right to musical compositions and licenses them for use in the recordings and other uses for example films and adverts.
5. Universal record labels Interscope Geffen A&M The Island Def Jam Music Group Universal Republic RecordsUniversal Music Group Nashville
6. Decca Label Group The Verve Music Group Show dog- Universal musicUniversal music enterprise Universal music latin entertainment A&M/Octone
7. • 2010 Universal Music Group The Black Eyed Peas become first group to sell over 6 million US digital downloads with “I Gotta Feeling” VEVO named #1 online music destination by com Score UMPG.