1. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOM MenuMenuAt a glanceEssentialsApps & updatesTouch typing AppsWebPhotos & videosMusicChatEmailGoogle eBooks™ Inbox Inb x Inbox nbo firstname.lastname@example.org 5 Mon FEB n 28Location Google Calendar Dinner with Dad Reminder: Executive Review Call @ Feb 28Tips & tricks 3:00-4:00pm (David’s Calendar@motrola.com Tomorrow, Mar 1Contacts Laura’s Birthday Justin YoungerWireless Budget Updates -- Hi Everyone, I’ve updated all the budget information for today’s callConnections Grocery StoreTools & management Me, Paul, Kim 3 content updates for marketing materials--Security Sounds like a plan. Let’s move forward for now Pick Up Dry CleaningTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Browser Gmail Talk Music Books MarketTip: + More Support Back Next
2. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu At a glance Tips & tricksAt a glance quick, simple, brief • Once you’re up and running, check out “WantEssentials more?”—more help, more accessories, more free stuff.Apps & updates • For updates, online help, and more, seeTouch typing Welcome www.motorola.com/myxoom.Web At a glance: WelcomePhotos & videos MOTOROLA XOOM™ and MOTOROLA XOOM™ withMusic Wi-Fi lead a revolution in mobile computing, the tablet forChat the next generation—and the one after that. Notes:Email Note: Some of the features described in this guide are not • All screens in this guide are simulated. Actual displaysGoogle eBooks™ available on the MOTOROLA XOOM with Wi-Fi. may vary.LocationTips & tricks • This device supports data-intensive apps andContacts services. It is strongly recommended that youWireless purchase a data plan that meets your needs. ContactConnections your service provider for details.Tools & managementSecurityTroubleshooting This product meets the applicable SAR limit ofSafety, Regulatory & Legal 1.6 W/kg (IEEE/FCC) and 2.0 W/kg (ICNIRP). The highest SAR values measured for this device are Side Volume microSD Slot Front listed in the legal and safety information packaged with Keys & SIM Tray Camera your product. + More Support Back Next At a glance Charging Micro USB, Charger, 10.1-in. HD Indicator & HDMI Connectors Touchscreen
3. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Your tablet Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Your tablet • For more details, see “Essentials”. Here’s how that all-important touchscreen works.Essentials • Press and hold Power/Lock on the back of your tabletApps & updates to turn it on.Touch typingWeb • To put the screen to sleep, press Power/Lock . ToPhotos & videos wake it, Power/Lock again, then drag left or right.MusicChat • Touch Menu to see options.EmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Touch for Touch for Customize text search. Open apps menu. home screen. voice search. Apps Mon Mon on FEB EB EB 28 Di D Dinner with Da Dad Tomorrow, Mar 1 Laura’s Birthday Grocery Store Pick Up Dry Cleaning Browser Gmail Talk Music Books Market + More Support Back Next Home Recent Apps Notifications At a glance & Quick Settings Back
4. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Start Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Start • Find accessories for your tablet at Let’s get you up and running—charge and turn on.Essentials www.motorola.com/products.Apps & updatesTouch typingWeb Caution: Before assembling, charging, or using yourPhotos & videos device for the first time, please read the important legalMusicChat and safety information packaged with your product.Email Caution: Use only the charger that came with yourGoogle eBooks™ tablet when charging your tablet. Do NOT attempt toLocation connect a charger to the USB port. The USB port is usedTips & tricks for data transfer only, NOT for charging.ContactsWireless Note: The battery should only be replaced by aConnections Motorola-approved service facility. Any attempt toTools & management remove or replace your battery may damage theSecurity product.TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal 1 Turn on. 2 Charge. H 3 + More Support Back Next At a glance
5. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Register Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Register • If you sign in with an existing Google account, all your Create or log into a Google™ account to get the best fromEssentials contacts and calendar events will automatically sync your tablet.Apps & updates with your tablet.Touch typingWeb • You can create a Google account online atPhotos & videos mail.google.com/mail/signup, then use that account forMusic your tablet login.Chat • Make a note of your Google account name andEmail password.Google eBooks™Location • In the unlikely event that your device becomesTips & tricks unresponsive, try a forced reboot: Press and hold bothContacts Power/Lock and the volume key for three seconds.WirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal 1 Select a language. Welcome 2 Connect via 3G (if an option) or Wi-Fi. Language: English (United States) Activating mobile data service Start connecting... WiFi setup 3 Register or log in. Sign in with your Google Account + More Support Gmail, backups, and many other Android Features require a Google Account. Back Next Skip Next At a glance
6. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Navigation tips Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Navigation tips • For more details, see “Essentials”. The basics to find your way around:Essentials • Flick left and right to see more home screen panels.Apps & updates • Home : Return to the home screen.Touch typing • Touch the X on a notification to delete it. • Menu : See a menu for the screen you’re on.Web • Touch in the notifications panel to see and modifyPhotos & videos • Back : Return to the previous screen. quick settings such as Airplane mode and Wi-Fi.Music • Recent Apps : See recent apps.ChatEmail • Notifications: App notifications, tablet status, and quickGoogle eBooks™ settings.Location • App menu : See all your tablet’s apps.Tips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Open app menu. Apps Inbox Inbox Inbo Inbox ox email@example.com 5 Mo Mon Mon on FEB B 28 Google Calendar Dinner with Dad i ith D Reminder: Executive Review Call @ Feb 28 3:00-4:00pm (David’s Calendar@motrola.com Tomorrow, Mar 1 Justin Younger Laura’s Birthday Budget Updates -- Hi Everyone, I’ve updated all the budget information for today’s call Grocery Store Monday, February Me, Paul, Kim 3 28, 2011 content updates for marketing materials-- Sounds like a plan. Let’s move forward for now Pick Up Dry Cleaning 100% Executive Review Call Call-in number: 1-555-555 Google Calendar Reminder: Executive Revi 5 Browser Gmail Talk Music Books + More Support Google Reader Successfuly installed. Chris Reynolds talk Have time for a video chat? Back Next At a glance Home Recent Apps Notification Panel Back
7. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Touch entry Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Touch entry • For more details, see “Essentials”. It’s all in the touch:Essentials • If your screen goes to sleep, press Power/Lock toApps & updates • Touch: Choose an icon or option. wake it up.Touch typing • Touch & Hold: Open options.Web • When you flick a long list, touch the screen to stop itPhotos & videos • Drag/Flick: Scroll or move slowly (drag) or quickly (flick). from scrolling.Music • Pinch or Double-tap: Zoom in and out.Chat • When viewing a map, touch it with two fingers to rotateEmail and tilt your viewing angle.Google eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Flick or drag to scroll. Apps Inbox Inbox Inbo Inbox ox firstname.lastname@example.org 5 Mo Mon Mon on FEB B 28 Google Calendar Dinner with Dad i ith D Reminder: Executive Review Call @ Feb 28 3:00-4:00pm (David’s Calendar@motrola.com Tomorrow, Mar 1 Justin Younger Laura’s Birthday Budget Updates -- Hi Everyone, I’ve updated all the budget information for today’s call Grocery Store Me, Paul, Kim 3 content updates for marketing materials-- Sounds like a plan. Let’s move forward for now Pick Up Dry Cleaning Browser Gmail Talk Music Books Settings + More Support Back Next Touch to open. Touch & hold At a glance to move.
8. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Home screen Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Home screen • For more details, see “Essentials”. The home screen gives you all your latest information inEssentials • Flick left and right to see more home screen panels. one place. Use the widgets, shortcuts and panels to seeApps & updatesTouch typing what’s important to you—whether it’s home, work, or play. • Use panels to organize your widgets and shortcuts.Web • To return to the center panel, touch Home .Photos & videosMusicChatEmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Text Search Voice Search Customize Apps Inbox Inbox Inbo Inbox ox email@example.com 5 Mo Mon Mon on FEB B 28 Google Calendar Din Dinner with Dad ith D Reminder: Executive Review Call @ Feb 28 3:00-4:00pm (David’s Calendar@motrola.com Tomorrow, Mar 1 Justin Younger Laura’s Birthday Budget Updates -- Hi Everyone, I’ve updated all the budget information for today’s call Grocery Store Me, Paul, Kim 3 content updates for marketing materials-- Sounds like a plan. Let’s move forward for now Pick Up Dry Cleaning Browser Gmail Talk Music Books Market + More Support Back Next Widgets Shortcuts Flick left/right or touch the screen At a glance edges to see more panels.
9. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Personalize Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Personalize • For more details, see “Customize your home screen”. Go ahead, add your personal touch. Change your widgets,Essentials • To move or delete something on the home screen, touch wallpaper, and more—make it yours.Apps & updates and hold it, then drag it to another spot, another panel,Touch typing • Home screen: Touch to add widgets and shortcuts, or the trash can.Web and to change your wallpaper.Photos & videos • Want a brighter view? For screen settings, touch • Sounds and volume: Touch Apps > SettingsMusic Apps > Settings > Screen.Chat > Sound.EmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Camera Places GPS 28 ks Boo talk Music Gallery Navigation Talk Gmail Calendar Chat Maps YouTube Contacts Books Settings Widgets App Shortcuts Wallpapers More Inbox Mon Mon Mon o FEB EB B 28 Your Friend I can’t wait 2 hours ago Dinner with Dad D Tomorrow, Mar 1 Laura’s Birthday Grocery Store Pick Up Dry Cleaning + More Support Analog clock 2x2 Bookmarks 3x3 Books 2x3 Calendar 2x3 Contact 4x1 Back Next Drag the widget, shortcut, or other item to the At a glance home screen panel you want.
10. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Apps Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Apps • For more details, see “Apps & updates”. You can find all of your apps in one place. From the homeEssentials • To manage your Android Market™ apps and check for screen, just touch Apps to open the app menu.Apps & updates updates, touch Apps > Market > My apps.Touch typing Want more? No problem: To download more apps, touchWeb Apps > Market. • To manage all your apps, touch Apps > SettingsPhotos & videos > Applications > Manage applications.MusicChatEmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Touch in the home screen to open the app menu. All Downloaded 3:01 pm Books Browser Calculator Calendar Camera Clock Contacts Downloads Email Gallery Gmail Google Search Latitude Maps Market Music Navigation Places Settings Chat Voice Search + More Support You Tube Back Next Return to the Flick left/right to see At a glance home screen. more apps.
11. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Web Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Web • For more details, see “Web”. Surfing on the big screen. Connect over your phoneEssentials • On many web pages, a message or an icon (like ) network (MOTOROLA XOOM™ only) or Wi-Fi. TouchApps & updates indicates that a video is available. Touch the link or iconTouch typing Apps > Browser. to play the video.Web • Tabs: Open multiple tabs in a single browser window,Photos & videos and switch between them with a simple touch. • Open a new tab in the same window by touchingMusic Menu > New tab.Chat • Bookmarks: Do you love a website? Bookmark it.Email • If you really love a site, share it. Just touch Menu > • Touch tips: Touch a link or text field to open it, touch andGoogle eBooks™ Share page. hold for options.LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Bookmark Open Tabs Add a tab. this page. menu. Movie Tickets & Thea... Motorola phones and acc... Google http://www.filmfans.com/ Search Movies Search Movie + Time Search Movie List Enter ZIP or City, State Movie + Actor Home Showtimes Browse Movies DVDs Trailers Movie Guides Movie Buzz Gifts + Promos Mobile blackhole Younger Than Ever Exclusive Clip Coming This Summer With no way out, Bailey is forced to leave the city she loves and find the reason for her parents untimely demise. + More Support Back Next Links Touch to enter a Go to At a glance Touch to open. web address. bookmarks.
12. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Media Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Media • For more details, see “Photos & videos” and “Music”. See it, capture it, share it! Then relax with some music.Essentials • To change camera settings, in the viewfinder toApps & updates • Photos: Touch Apps > Camera. open Camera settings.Touch typing • Videos: Touch Apps > Camera, then slide theWeb • Use the Gallery to share your photos and videos. toggle to to change to video.Photos & videos • Use a USB connection to share photos, videos, music,Music • Gallery: View, edit, share. Touch Apps > Gallery.Chat and more with your computer. See “USB connection”. • Music: Touch Apps > Music.EmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Photo Take options. photo. AW A + More Support Back Next Go to the gallery. Change camera At a glance (front or back).
13. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Touch entry Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Touch entry • For more details, see “Touch typing”. Just touch a text field to open a touch keypad. Touch toEssentials • Touch ?123 / to toggle between letters and numbers. close it. ABCApps & updates Touch More to see more special characters.Touch typing • Large keys let you type quickly with fewer errors.Web • Touch and hold Shift to enter capital letters until you • Switch easily between entering letters, numbers,Photos & videos release it. Double-touch Shift for caps lock. Touch itMusic symbols, and special characters. again to unlock.ChatEmail • Touch and hold ?123 to enter numbers/special charactersGoogle eBooks™ until you release it.LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Toggle letters/numbers/ special characters. Line Feed Backspace Tab q w e r t y u i o p ?123 a s d f g h j k l ! ? z x c v b n m , . : - .com / - Change Space Voice Shift input options. Entry + More Support Back Next At a glance
14. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Email & contacts Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Email & contacts • For more details, see “Email” and “Contacts”. Keep in touch with them the way you want.Essentials • Touch a text field to open the touchscreen keypad.Apps & updates • Contacts: All your important contacts—synced andTouch typing backed up with your Google and email accounts. Touch • When you flick a long list of contacts or emails, touchWeb Apps > Contacts. Android Mobile Tablet the screen to stop it from scrolling.Photos & videosMusic • Email: Your home and work email accounts. TouchChat Apps > Email or Gmail.EmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Touch an email Create Folders to open it. email. firstname.lastname@example.org Google Calendar Reminder: Dinner with Eric @ Thu Dec 23 Sun 28 8pm - email@example.com - more details - Inbox Larry Page 2 2011 Training Plan -- Forwarded message -- Sun 28 Priority Inbox From: Larry Page <firstname.lastname@example.org> Starred Tom Sullivan While your are in Las Vegas -- Try the all Sun 28 you can eat buffet at Token’s. You always wa... Important Blueberry Muffins -- They’re yummy. Just Dan Burleson Sat 27 thought you should know. Cheers, -dan Chats Peisun Wu Sparky and Brea’s travel itinerary -- Sat 27 Sent Romain Guy Patisserie -- I’’ buy. I remembered that you Sat 27 Outbox treated us the last place we dined. Do you ... Drafts Which CES party are you going to after your Sat 27 Wei Haurg drawing? -- Please don’t wait for me becau ... All Mail CONFIDENTIAL: Death ray hardware ver. Alan Boots Fri 26 2.0 - Don’t share. This is highly confidential ... Spam Browser bookmark widget -- Hi Mike. Check Fri 26 Bart Sears Trash out the browser bookmark widget on a hol ... + More Support Personal Sergey Brin Important announcement at RGH -- Please plan to attend a teleconference on Monday @ Fri 26 Back Next At a glance
15. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Chat Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Chat • For more details, see “Chat”. Video calls or a quick voice chat—all over your phoneEssentials • Facebook™, Twitter, IM, and more—visit Android network (MOTOROLA XOOM™ only) or Wi-Fi. TouchApps & updates Market™ to grab the latest official apps and widgets,Touch typing Apps > Talk.Web and see what everyone is up to. TouchPhotos & videos Apps > Market.Music • Look for these status icons beside the names of yourChat Google Talk™ contacts: = available for video chat,Email = available for voice chat, = offline.Google eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Invite to Contacts video chat. talk email@example.com hey there 10:13 AM firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com You ended the video chat with 10:13 AM firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org was not available 11:01AM for video chat. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org was not available 11:02 AM for video chat. Erin email@example.com was not available 11:02 AM for video chat. Offline firstname.lastname@example.org was not available 11:04 AM for video chat. Susan Fryer email@example.com ended the video 11:05 AM offine chat. firstname.lastname@example.org ended the video Larry Page chat. 11:15 AM Offline Matias Dusette Offline Romain Guy Offline + More Support Susan Moore Offline type to compose Back Next Invite to At a glance voice chat.
16. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Google eBooks™ Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Google eBooks • For more details, see “Google eBooks™”. Your virtual library just got a whole lot bigger. Read yourEssentials • Browse Android Market™ by category, or search for a favorite books when and where you want.Apps & updates specific title or author. Read free samples to try beforeTouch typingWeb your buy.Photos & videos • Make it look the way you want—change brightness, textMusic size, and more. Touch to see and modify book readerChat settings.Email Touch for text search. Touch for voice search. Open apps menu. Customize home screen. • Touch to see the book’s table of contents. Apps Mon Mon on FEB 28 Dinne Di Dinner with Dad Da Tomorrow, Mar 1 Laura’s Birthday Grocery Store Pick Up Dry CleaningGoogle eBooks™ Browser Home Back Gmail Talk Music Recent Apps Books Market Notifications & Quick SettingsLocation • When reading, turn pages by flicking them left and right.Tips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Touch to open & read. Shop for books. Books Shop The Everyman’s Guide Pride and Prejudice Black Ridge Mountain to the Everyday Jane Austen Brent VanHorne Somewhere Else Justin Younger 100% downloaded Undertow 100% downloaded Jennifer Steinberg 0% downloaded Tatia Torrey 0% downloaded 100% downloaded + More Support Back Next Flick left & right to see your library. At a glance
17. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Location Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Location • For more details, see “Location”. Where you are and where you’re going, we’ve got itEssentials • To see your location in Google Maps, touch . Your covered with built-in GPS.Apps & updates location is shown on the map as . The smaller theTouch typing • Google Maps™: Touch Apps > Maps to use the circle, the more accurate the location.Web Google Maps you know and love.Photos & videos • To conserve battery power (but find your location withMusic • Google Maps Navigation™: Pinpoint navigation all the less accuracy), set the tablet to use the mobile network.Chat way. Touch Apps > Navigation. Touch Apps > Settings > Location & security. InEmail • Places: Find them, read reviews, and get details. My Location, select Use wireless networks, and uncheckGoogle eBooks™ Touch Apps > Places.Location Use GPS satellites.Tips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Directions, Places, Layers, My Location New York City Map Michigan Ave. Klier St. + More Support Kukreja St. Back Next At a glance
18. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Wireless Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Wireless • For more details, see “Wireless”. Lose the wires—touch Apps > Settings > WirelessEssentials • To extend battery life, turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when & networks.Apps & updates not in use.Touch typing • Bluetooth®: Connect to an accessory, or connect to aWeb phone, PC, or tablet to share files. • When you are in range and Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is on, youPhotos & videos will automatically reconnect to availableMusic • Wi-Fi: For fast internet access, touch Wi-Fi settings. devices/networks you’ve connected to before.Chat • Hotspot: Share your internet connection. TouchEmail Tethering & portable hotspot > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.Google eBooks™ Note: This feature is not available on the MOTOROLALocation XOOM™ with Wi-Fi.Tips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Hotspot Touch to search & connect. Touch to create & connect. Airplane mode Airplane mode Airplane mode Airplane mode Disable all wireless connections Disable all wireless connections Disable all wireless connections Disable all wireless connections Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Turn on Wi-Fi Turn on Wi-Fi Turn on Wi-Fi Turn on Wi-Fi Wi-Fi settings Wi-Fi settings Wi-Fi settings Wi-Fi settings Set up & manage wireless access points Set up & manage wireless access points Set up & manage wireless access points Set up & manage Bluetooth Bluetooth Bluetooth Bluetooth Turn on Bluetooth Turn on Bluetooth Turn on Bluetooth Turn on Bluetooth Bluetooth settings Bluetooth settings Bluetooth settings Bluetooth settings Manage connections, set device name & discoverablility Manage connections, set device name & discoverablility Manage connections, setdevice name & discoverablility Manage connections, device Tethering & portable hotspot Tethering & portable hotspot Tethering & portable hotspot Tethering & hotspot Share your tablet’s mobile data connection via USB, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth Share your tablet’s mobile data connection via USB, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth Share your tablet’s mobile data connection via USB, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth Share your tablet’s connection Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth + More Support Mobile networks Mobile networks Mobile networks Mobile networks The colored boxes Set options for roaming, networks, APNs Set options for roaming, networks, APNs Set options for roaming, networks, APNs Set options for roaming, networks, APNs Proxy Settings Proxy Settings Proxy Settings Proxy Settings will not print Set the global HTTP proxy and exclusion lists Set the global HTTP proxy and exclusion lists Set the global HTTP proxy and exclusion lists Set the global HTTP proxy and exclusion lists Back Next They are guides for the screens. At a glance
19. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Security Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Security • For more details, see “Security”. There are plenty of ways to protect your tablet and yourEssentials • To prevent unauthorized use of your tablet, set your information. Touch Apps > SettingsApps & updates screen to lock when you aren’t using it—touch AppsTouch typing > Location & security.Web > Settings > Location & security > Configure lockPhotos & videos screen.Music • Check out other ways to protect your data—touchChat Apps > Settings > Privacy.EmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Location & security Lock screen Airplane mode Disable all wireless connections Configure lock screen Wi-Fi Unsecure Turn on Wi-Fi Owner info Wi-Fi settings Encryptionmanage wireless access points Set up & Encrypt tablet Bluetooth Require a numeric PIN or password to decrypt your tablet each time you turn it on Turn on Bluetooth Passwords Bluetooth settings Manage connections, set device name & discoverablility Visible passwords Show passwords as you hotspot Tethering & portable type Share your tablet’s mobile data connection via USB, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth + More Support Device administration Mobile networks The colored boxes Device administrators networks, APNs Set options for roaming, View or deactivate device administrators will not print Proxy Settings Back Next Credential storage proxy and exclusion lists Set the global HTTP They are guides for the Use secure credentials screens. At a glance
20. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Want more? Tips & tricksAt a glance At a glance: Want more? • To keep your tablet current, software updates may be More help, more accessories, more free stuff. We’re hereEssentials available. Apps > Settings > About tablet > System to help.Apps & updates updates to see if your tablet is up to date. If it isn’t,Touch typing • Answers: To download a Help Center app for your touch Update.Web tablet, go to www.motorola.com/xoomhelp and followPhotos & videos the on-screen instructions.MusicChat • Support: Tablet software updates, PC software, userEmail guides, online help and more atGoogle eBooks™ www.motorola.com/myxoom.Location • Help, warranty & service: VisitTips & tricksContacts www.motorola.com/support to find all the contactWireless options.Connections • Accessories: Find more for your tablet atTools & management www.motorola.com/products.SecurityTroubleshooting • Join us: Get the latest news, apps, tips & tricks, videosSafety, Regulatory & Legal and so much more—join us on: YouTube™ www.youtube.com/motorola Facebook™ www.facebook.com/motorola Twitter www.twitter.com/motomobile + More Support Back Next At a glance
21. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Essentials Rotate the screenAt a glance more details on the basics In many apps, the screen rotates when you turn the tabletEssentials sideways. Touch Apps > Settings > ScreenApps & updates > Auto-rotate screen.Touch typing At a glanceWeb Here are all the basics to find your way around your Navigation iconsPhotos & videos MOTOROLA XOOM™ or MOTOROLA XOOM with Wi-Fi.Music Icons help you find your way around. For a quick overview, see “At a glance: Your tablet”.Chat • Back or —Return to the previous screen.Email • Home —Return to the home screen.Google eBooks™ Touch & navigationLocation Touch your way around your tablet. Here’s how. • Recent apps —See the last several apps you’ve used.Tips & tricks Touch an app to open it.ContactsWireless Touch tips • Menu —See options for the screen you’re on.Connections • Touch: To choose or open an icon or option, touch it.Tools & management • Touch and hold: To open special options, touch andSecurityTroubleshooting hold an icon or other item.Safety, Regulatory & Legal • Drag/Flick: To scroll Display through a list or move Location & security slowly, drag across the Applications touchscreen. To go Accounts & sync quickly, flick. Privacy • Drag and drop: To move Storage an item, touch and drag Language & keyboard it, then let it go. Voice input & output • Zoom: Get a closer look Accessibility at photos, maps, or web Date & time pages. To zoom in or out, About tablet pinch your fingers together or move them + More Support apart on the screen. You can also zoom in or out by double touching (tap Back Next twice, quickly) the screen. To zoom out, double touch Essentials the screen again.
22. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Home screen Customize your home screenAt a glance You’ll see the home screen when you turn on your tablet or You can add widgets, apps, wallpapers, and more to yourEssentials touch Home . The home screen gives you all your latest home screen. Touch to open a sleek 3D customizationApps & updates information in one place. screen. From this screen, you can add items to all homeTouch typing screen panels.WebPhotos & videos Text Voice To move or delete something, touch and hold it until you Search Search Widgets Customize feel a vibration, then drag it to another panel or to the trashMusicChat Apps at the top of the screen.EmailGoogle eBooks™ NotificationsLocation Open the Tablet status, app notifications, and quick settings—oneTips & tricks Mon Mon Mon o FEB EB B 28 apps menu.Contacts Di Dinner with Dad D D Tomorrow, Mar 1 touch. To see a notification, touch it. To open a panel, touch Laura’s BirthdayWireless Grocery Store the digital clock. Pick Up Dry CleaningConnections talkTools & management ShortcutsSecurity Browser Gmail Talk Music Books Market Status Monday, February 28, 2011TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal 100% Quick Settings Panels Notifications & Quick Executive Review Call Call-in number: 1-555-555 Flick left/right or touch the Settings screen edges to see more. Google Calendar Reminder: Executive Revi 5 Market t Google Reader Notifications Successfuly installed. Note: Your home screen might look a little different. Chris Reynolds Have time for a video chat? talk Here’s what you get: • Shortcuts: Shortcuts are icons that open your favorite apps, web bookmarks, music playlists, and more • Widgets: Widgets show you your latest updates, so you Search don’t have to leave the home screen. Some widgets, like To search by voice, touch , email, let you scroll through items. Other widgets, like then speak when prompted. Text Search Voice Search books, are stacked and allow you to flick through items. + More Support To type your search, touch the • Five panels: Flick left and right to see more home search widget, then enter Back Next screen panels of shortcuts and widgets. keyword(s) and touch . Essentials
23. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Quick tips 3 Change a quick setting, or touch to see all tablet If ever you’re not sure what to do next, try one of these: settings.At a glanceEssentialsApps & updates To... Airplane mode OFFTouch typing WiFiWeb Open an item. Touch it. Touch to change quick settings.Photos & videos Lock screen orientation OFFMusic Open a menu. Touch Menu .Chat AUTOEmail Open an options menu (if Touch & hold the Notifications ONGoogle eBooks™ available) for an item on the item.Location screen. SettingsTips & tricks Touch to see Go back to the home Touch Home . & modify allContacts tablet settings.Wireless screen.ConnectionsTools & management Wake up your tablet. Press Tip: Go directly to settings by touching AppsSecurity Power/Lock . > Settings.TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Settings A quick change, or the full settings, your choice: 1 Touch the bottom right corner of the screen. 2 Touch . + More Support Back Next Essentials
24. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Android Market is also available on your computer—go to Apps & updates market.android.com. From here you can browse theAt a glance get what you want Market and manage your apps on all your Android™EssentialsApps & updates devices (select “My Market Account”).Touch typing At a glanceWeb Apps, books, games, and widgets—take your pick. For a Choose carefullyPhotos & videos quick overview, see “At a glance: Apps”.Music Apps are great. Theres something for everyone. Play,Chat communicate, work, or just for fun. But remember, chooseEmail Android Market™ your apps carefully. Heres a few tips to help:Google eBooks™ Get all the apps, books, games, and widgets you want, • To help prevent spyware, phishing or viruses affectingLocationTips & tricks from developers and authors worldwide. Search and your tablet or privacy, use apps from trusted sites, likeContacts browse for what you need, or check out the latest Market.Wireless recommendations. And with so much for free, you’re sure • In Android Market, check the apps’ ratings andConnections to find something. If you need help or have questions comments before installing. This will help you chooseTools & management about Android Market, Menu > Help. the best ones for you.Security Find it: Apps > MarketTroubleshooting • If you doubt the safety of an app, dont install it.Safety, Regulatory & Legal Android Apps Books Search Market My apps • Like all apps, downloaded apps will use up memory, data, battery, and processing power—some more than Wilmore Shortpak others. For example, a simple settings widget will use Dictionary, Thesaurus & less than a streaming music player app. After installing Recipes an app, if youre not happy with how much memory, Top Free Android Apps > CATEGORIES Gmail W>>> Radio Google Maps data, battery or processing power its using, uninstall it. GAMES Google Inc. Free Eudora Free Google Inc. Free You can always install it again later. APPLICATIONS Oboe Player Every Motion VroomBroom Cincio Systems Leo Mobile Ltd. VB Ltd Free Free Free #1 Best Selling Android Apps > Defend Defense TEH Construction Fruit Seeker Danzo Software BoaConstruct Dover Studios $2.99 $1.99 $1.99 Touch an app or book to see details and reviews, then install, buy, or try it. + More Support Tip: Apps and games will appear in your app menu. Widgets can be added to your home screen. To read your Back Next books, touch Apps > Books. Apps & updates
25. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Recent apps Update my tabletAt a glance Your tablet remembers the apps you used most recently. You can check for, download, and install software updatesEssentials Touch to see your recent apps. Touch an app to open it. using your tablet or your computer:Apps & updatesTouch typing • Using your tablet: talk k te test email@example.com e est.mcleron@gm l gmail.comWeb You may get an automatic notification of an availablePhotos & videos firstname.lastname@example.org n@ n@gm update on your tablet. Simply follow the instructions to email@example.com mai il.coMusic download and install.Chat firstname.lastname@example.org n@gm gmEmail email@example.com mail.co o To manually check for updates, Apps > SettingsGoogle eBooks™ Erin > About tablet > System updates.Location Offline To minimize the impact of updating on your data plan,Tips & tricksContacts Susan Fryer yer e you may want to use a Wi-Fi connection for updates. offineWireless Larry Page ge e Updates can be quite large (25MB or more) or may notConnections Offl e Off ine Offline be available over the mobile network in some countries. Matias Dusette Duset ttTools & management Offline Note: You can use only a Wi-Fi connection to downloadSecurity Romain Guy y Offline an update for MOTOROLA XOOM™ with Wi-Fi.TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Susan Moore Offline oo e ore • If updates are not available in your country, you can update using a computer. On your computer, go to and check the “Software” links. If an update is available, simply follow the installation instructions. Manage & restore apps Find it: Apps > Settings > Applications > Manage applications To uninstall a downloaded app, touch Downloaded, then the app, then Uninstall. To reinstall apps from Android Market™, touch Apps > Market > My apps. Previously installed apps are listed and available for download. + More Support To stop, change settings, or manage other options, touch All or Running. Touch the app, then the option you want. Back Next Apps & updates
26. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Touch typing To...At a glance keys when you need themEssentials Enter one capital Touch Shift .Apps & updates letter.Touch typing At a glanceWeb Just touch a text field to open the touchscreen keypad. For Enter only capital Hold Shift to enterPhotos & videos a quick overview, see “At a glance: Touch entry”. letters. capital letters until youMusic release it. Double-touchChat Toggle letters/numbers/ Shift to lock caps.Email special characters. Line Feed Backspace Touch it again to unlock.Google eBooks™Location Tab q w e r t y u i o p Cut or Copy selected Touch and hold text, thenTips & tricks ?123 a s d f g h j k l text touch Cut or Copy.Contacts ! ? z x c v b n m , .Wireless Paste cut or copied Touch location to paste, : -Connections .com / - text then touch Paste.Tools & managementSecurity Delete a character Touch Backspace .Troubleshooting Change Space Voice ShiftSafety, Regulatory & Legal input options. Entry (hold to delete more) Input options To change input options, touch . • Input languages: Use your system language or select your own. • Android keyboard settings: Capitalization, sound, and correction options. Typing tips To... + More Support Enter numbers and Touch ?123 / ABC to toggle special characters. between letters and Back Next numbers. Touch to More see more special Touch typing characters.
27. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu control video playback. If you don’t see them, touch the Web screen.)At a glance surfing on the big screenEssentialsApps & updates At a glance BookmarksTouch typing You can save bookmarks to your favorite web pages andWeb Browse all your favorites—touch Apps > Browser. navigate to them in seconds. To set a bookmark for thePhotos & videos For a quick overview, see “At a glance: Web”.Music web page you’re on, touch , then OK. To go to aChat bookmarked page, touch , then touch the thumbnail forEmail Connect the page you want.Google eBooks™ Your tablet uses the mobile network (over the air) or a Wi-FiLocationTips & tricks connection to access the web. DownloadsContacts Note: Your service provider may charge you to surf the Download appsWireless web or download data using a mobile network.Connections Warning: Apps downloaded from unknown sources canTools & management To use a wireless network, touch Apps > Settings include spyware, phishing, or viruses that affect yourSecurity > Wireless & networks. Touch Wi-Fi to turn on Wi-Fi. Touch tablet, tablet performance, and personal data. For security,Troubleshooting Wi-Fi settings to search for nearby wireless networks, and download apps only from trusted sites like AppsSafety, Regulatory & Legal touch a network to connect. > Market. To download apps: Tabbed browsing 1 If you want to allow downloads from any web page, You can open several web pages in the same window to touch Apps > Settings > Applications > multiply your web surfing fun. Touch to open a new Unknown sources. tab. To see a web page, just touch its tab. Touch on a tab to close it. 2 To launch the browser, touch Apps > Browser. 3 Find the app you want to download and touch the download link. Select links Touch a link to go to that web page. Touch and hold a link to Note: Downloaded apps are stored in your tablet’s show options, like Open in new tab or Save link. memory. Manage your downloads + More Support Play web videos To view files or apps you’ve downloaded, touch Apps > On many web pages, a message or an icon (like ) Browser >Menu > Downloads. Back Next indicates that a video is available. Touch the link or icon to play the video. Touch the Play and Pause buttons to Web
28. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Browser optionsAt a glance Touch Menu to see browser options:EssentialsApps & updates OptionsTouch typingWeb New tab Open a new tab in the same browserPhotos & videos window.MusicChat New incognito Open a new blank tab in the browserEmail tab window to prevent the browser fromGoogle eBooks™ storing information about yourLocation browsing session.Tips & tricksContacts Find on page Enter & search for a term.WirelessConnections Share page Share the page URL over aTools & management Bluetooth® connection or in a Gmail™Security message.TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Page info View the page URL. Downloads View and manage files you downloaded from web pages. Settings View & change browser settings. + More Support Back Next Web
29. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu • A W —White balance: Adjust for lighting conditions. Photos & videosAt a glance see it, capture it, share it! • —Color effect: Pick a cool effect.Essentials • —Scene mode: Choose your environment.Apps & updatesTouch typing At a glance • —Camera settings: Choose general settings likeWeb Two cameras, online sharing, and all your favorites on Picture quality.Photos & videos YouTube™. And of course, don’t forget the stunning HD After you take the photo, you can touch the thumbnail toMusic playback. For a quick overview, see “At a glance: Media”. open your gallery. Touch the photo to open it:ChatEmail • Start a slideshow: Touch .Google eBooks™ Photos • Share photo: Touch to send the photo in aLocationTips & tricks Take that family photo, and post it online for everyone to message, transfer it using Bluetooth® wireless, or postContacts see. it online.Wireless Find it: Apps > Camera. • Delete the photo: Touch .ConnectionsTools & management Touch Menu to see details, rotate, crop, or set as a ChangeSecurity photo options. Zoom in/out. contact photo or wallpaper.TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal AW Take a photo. Change camera (front or back). Go to the gallery. Choose photo or video mode. + More Support To take the photo, touch Photo modes—Get the best photo every time. Just touch Back Next a photo mode: Photos & videos • —Flash: Set to Auto, On, or Off.
30. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Videos • Share: Touch to send the video in a message, transfer it using Bluetooth® wireless, or post it online.At a glance Find it: Apps > Camera >Essentials • Delete: Touch .Apps & updatesTouch typing Start/stopWeb recording. GalleryPhotos & videos Zoom Find it: Apps > GalleryMusic in/out. 1 Choose which photos and videos to show and how youChatEmail want them listed:Google eBooks™ • Camera—All your photos.LocationTips & tricks • By album—Photos and videos grouped by album.Contacts • Images and videos—Photos only, videos only, orWireless Choose both.Connections photo orTools & management video 2 Touch a folder name or tag name, if necessary.Security mode. Touch a photo or video thumbnail to select it for viewingTroubleshooting or playback.Safety, Regulatory & Legal Go to the gallery. Change video Change camera options. (front or back). Touch the play and pause buttons to control video playback. To start recording, touch . To stop recording, touch . Video modes—Get the best video every time. Just touch a video mode: • —Flash: Set to On or Off. • A W —White balance: Adjust for lighting conditions. • —Color effect: Pick a cool effect. • —Video quality: Select High, Low, or YouTube (High, 15m). • —Time lapse interval: Create a time lapse clip. + More Support After you record the video, you can touch the thumbnail to 00:04 02:24 open your gallery. Touch the video to view options: Note: To see the buttons while the video is playing, Back Next • Play: Touch . touch the screen. Photos & videos • Start a slideshow: Touch .
31. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu To send a photo or video in a message or post it online, Find & watch YouTube videos touch and hold the photo or video, then touch Share. To search for a YouTube video, just touch or . Or,At a glanceEssentials Choose how you want to share—like Bluetooth or browse through popular video categories like This week,Apps & updates Email. Top rated, Autos & vehicles, Comedy, and more. Touch aTouch typing video to start playing it. To see a video in high quality, touchWeb High Definition viewing Menu > Settings > High quality on mobile.Photos & videosMusic Watch your photo slideshow or recorded HD videos onChat your HDTV. Just connect an HDMI cable from your TV orEmail monitor.Google eBooks™LocationTips & tricks YouTube™ videosContacts Find it: Apps > YouTubeWirelessConnections Browse, view, and search YouTube videos—you don’t evenTools & management need an account. And if you have an account, sign in toSecurity keep up to date with Your Channel.Troubleshooting Browse videos Manage & viewSafety, Regulatory & Legal videos on your channel. by category. Home Browse Your Channel Search YouTube Share videos Send someone a link to a video you are watching, touch Gramps Wedding Menu > Share. Backyard Party Surprise Birthday! Ferris Wheel by Sarah Dion 3,354,581 views by Keith Horak by Lisa Lindsay | 1,6 1 week ago | 1,323,341 views by Rohan Grant by Dylan Foster 2 days ago views 1 week ago |2,667,579 views 1 week ago | 1,324,341 views 1 week ago | 2,667,579 Log in or create account ncert Art Exhibit Bonfire First Word New artist Fantastic hike Find it: Apps > YouTube > Menu > Sign in Fanning by Kristin Cullen by Todd Palminteri by John McConnell by Michelle Scannicchio by Cheyenne M To create your YouTube account, touch Add account. 379,423 views 2 days ago | 99,487views 3 days ago | 3,493,602 3 days ago | 1,115,342 views 3 days ago | 3,493,602 views 3 days ago | 2,6 California 2010 Marketing Seminar Cute puppy If you already have a YouTube account, touch Sign in. Beautiful view by Arthur Baudo by Julie Hay by Scott Wilke Apple picki by Lisa Jones 1 week ago |2,761,602 views 4 days ago | 2,567,890 views ng | 5,465,665 views 1 week ago | 2,761,60 by Jame Bleser 2 weeks ago 2 views s Thied e 2views 2 week s ago | 3,425,53 1, Upload videos Find it: Apps > YouTube > Your Channel > Upload + More Support Note: If you don’t have a YouTube account, touch Your 1 Touch the video you want to upload. You can change the Channel > Add account. video title, description, set the access, and add tags. Back Next 2 Touch Upload. Photos & videos
32. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Your channelAt a glance Your Channel is where you can find your uploads, playlists,Essentials favorites, and subscription. Visit YouTube on the web toApps & updates learn more about setting up your channel.Touch typingWebPhotos & videosMusicChatEmailGoogle eBooks™LocationTips & tricksContactsWirelessConnectionsTools & managementSecurityTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal + More Support Back Next Photos & videos
33. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Find it: Apps > Music MusicAt a glance when music is what you need... Change view.EssentialsApps & updates SongsTouch typing At a glance Shuffle all songs Sort A-ZWeb Touch and play—instant music. Your tablet can play many Always Chocolate 4:25 Stapo Days without Problems 2008Photos & videos Everyone’s Gone Play or types of files: AAC, AMR, MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC+, and 3:25 Steamboat Karen Says 1975 add toMusic Freight Train 2008 MIDI. For a quick overview, see “At a glance: Media”. 2:25 Cowboy Dreamers Renmin Park playlist.Chat The Girl You Saw 2:48 Stapo Days without Problems 2008Email Note: DRM-protected files are not supported. Interviews 5:00 Cowboy Dreamers Turner Park 2008Google eBooks™ Just Asleep 3:00 Stapo Days wthout Problems 2008Location Kerchoos 0:48 Cowboy Dreamers Turner Park 2008Tips & tricks Set up music Mantra 1:14 4 Cowbo Dreamers Cowboy Dream oy mers Turner Park 2008Contacts Transfer music from your Microsoft™ Windows™ PC or Seep In 4:26 4:26 Stapo Days without Problems 2008Wireless Apple™ Macintosh™ computer to your tablet by using a Trenton and YouConnections USB connection (see “USB connection”). Use the USBTools & management Currently playing. cable included with your tablet.Security Touch the heading at the top to change how your music isTroubleshooting Tip: You can also use Windows™ Media Player to sync listed—Songs, New and Recent, Albums, Artists, Songs,Safety, Regulatory & Legal music from your computer to your tablet. To download Playlists, or Genres. To play, open a group and touch a Windows Media Player, go to song. www.microsoft.com/windowsmedia. Add to playlist, see all songs on album, or view artist. Play music Open your music library, then select what you want to play. Songs Now playing SONG Eclectic Bird ARTIST Stapo ALBUM Days without Problems 0:05 4:26 + More Support Back Next Shuffle Playback Repeat Music Controls Songs
34. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Music player controlsAt a glance To control music playback:Essentials • Play/pause: Touch / .Apps & updatesTouch typing • Previous/next: Touch / .Web • Fast forward/rewind: Touch and hold / .Photos & videosMusic • Shuffle: Touch .Chat • Repeat all songs: Touch .EmailGoogle eBooks™ • Volume: Press the side volume keys.Location Tip: Control music playback from the home screen byTips & tricks adding the music player widget.ContactsWirelessConnections Music player optionsTools & management Any time you use the music player, touch Menu to seeSecurity the available options for that view.TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal Hide, wake, turn off Touch Home to use another app. Your music continues to play. To turn off your music, touch . Playlists To add a song to a playlist, touch > Add to playlist. Choose an existing playlist, or touch New playlist to create a new playlist. To edit, delete, and rename a playlist, touch and hold the playlist. + More Support Back Next Music
35. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Tip: Look for these status icons beside the names of Chat your Google Talk contacts: = available for videoAt a glance voice, video, IM—it’s good to chat :) chat, = available for voice chat, = offline.EssentialsApps & updates 2 For a text chat, touch the text entry box, type aTouch typing At a glance message, and touch .Web Chat with your friends, anywhere and everywhere. For aPhotos & videos For a voice chat, touch . quick overview, see “At a glance: Chat”.Music For a video chat, touch .ChatEmail Google Talk™ End chat, mute, enterGoogle eBooks™ text, switch cameras. With Google Talk™, you can chat by text, voice, or videoLocationTips & tricks with other Google Talk users.Contacts Find it: Apps > TalkWirelessConnections See your list ofTools & management Google Talk friends.SecurityTroubleshooting talk firstname.lastname@example.orgSafety, Regulatory & Legal hey there 10:13 AM Invite email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org You ended the video chat with email@example.com. 10:13 AM to video firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com was not available for video chat. 11:01AM chat. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com was not available 11:02 AM for video chat. Erin firstname.lastname@example.org was not available 11:02 AM for video chat. Offline email@example.com was not available for video chat. 11:04 AM Invite Susan Fryer offine firstname.lastname@example.org ended the video chat. 11:05 AM to voice When someone invites you to a Google Talk chat: Larry Page Offline email@example.com ended the video chat. 11:15 AM chat. Matias Dusette Offline • For a text chat, touch the text entry box, type a Romain Guy Offline message, and touch . type to compose Susan Moore Offline • For a voice chat or a You ended the video chat with firstname.lastname@example.org video chat, touch torola.com Video chat invite Sorry! The video chat with email@example.com failed because of a Select a Google Talk friend. Type to begin text Accept. network problem. Please try again. firstname.lastname@example.org was not available for video chat. chat, then touch . email@example.com was not available Sent at 11:04 AM on Fridayvideo chat. for To start a Google Talk chat: firstname.lastname@example.org was not available + More Support for video chat. 1 Touch name in the Google Talk list of friends, or Accept email@example.com was not available for video chat. Decline touch > Invite a friend to chat and enter a friend’s Back Next name. firstname.lastname@example.org ended the video chat Note: To find out more, visit www.google.com/talk. Chat
36. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Email Set up emailAt a glance sometimes it’s best to email . . . The first time you turned on your tablet, you logged in toEssentials your Gmail account.Apps & updatesTouch typing At a glance To add other email accounts, touch Apps > SettingsWeb Gmail™, personal mail, corporate mail, and more. For a > Accounts & sync > Add account.Photos & videos quick overview, see “At a glance: Email & contacts”. • Corporate is for Exchange server work email accounts.Music Enter details from your IT administrator.Chat Tip: You might need to enter your domain name withEmail Read & reply to email messages your user name (like domain/username).Google eBooks™ Find it: Apps > Email • Email is for most personal email accounts. For accountLocation Touch a message to open it and all of its replies. details, contact the account provider.Tips & tricksContacts • Respond to a message: Touch to reply or to • Google is for adding another Gmail account.Wireless reply to all.Connections • Forward a message: Touch . Synchronize email, contacts, &Tools & management • Open options: Touch Menu . calendarSecurityTroubleshooting • View attachments: Touch View. When you first logged in to your Gmail account on yourSafety, Regulatory & Legal tablet, you were automatically given access to the same Create email messages personal information (emails, events, and contacts) that you have on a computer using Gmail, Google Calendar™, Find it: Apps > Email or Gmail and Contacts. Touch , then, enter the recipient and message. If you use Microsoft Office Outlook on your work Touch to add attachments. computer, your tablet can synchronize emails, events, and Tip: When you enter text in the To: field, your tablet shows contacts with your Microsoft Exchange server. possible matches from your Contacts list, if any exist. To automatically sync your applications data, touch Apps > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account Receive & open email attachments > Auto-sync. When you receive a message with an attachment, you’ll To select which apps to synchronize: see the attachment as a thumbnail. Touch View or Save. 1 Touch Apps > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add Tip: To send and receive large attachments faster, use a account. + More Support Wi-Fi connection, in “Wi-Fi”. 2 If necessary, touch Auto-sync to turn it off. 3 Touch an account under Manage accounts to see its list Back Next of apps. 4 Touch the apps you don’t want to synchronize, like Email Calendar, Contacts, or Email.
37. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Browse by category, or touch and search for a title or Google eBooks™ author. Touch a book to view more information about it.At a glance reading unboundEssentials DESCRIPTION Mi adah dagn dkfgn gfoi dn gdoai ngdnoaidn doignagApps & updates Sliding Head First ldig daleiteotu weori xcvoi dgoh ldfi n dghu daoi ao dhTouch typing At a glance: George Larson god oi o dh ohde wc bg ao ieag r a ce nage odi etan odgua toiuad dgan one ahad oy wone a agdlk ado di agoidgn oaeh dgligf done oiuw wea ad w e id aodin odngWeb Books from authors worldwide. For a quick overview, see aonealg oneachea od od odf gone ign oein woeyt oi c xboib n,.mda co coadn woihg aoie al og o coadn aoihg (9,567 REVIEWS)Photos & videos “At a glance: Google eBooks”. $5.00 uoa liw aoue eioc ea enio aogi eoiehg w ha io eaoc oaiebag qyeweyqi qh uc saiueb aoiuen go aoguaenMusic BUY giohea clos eohe woug nog icad odin aoidn ale agoig TRYChat DESCRIPTIONEmail Get books ALSO FROM George Larson Mi adah dagn dkfgn gfoi dn gdoai ngdnoaidn doignag ldig daleiteotu weori xcvoi dgoh ldfi n dghu daoi ao dhGoogle eBooks™ Find it: Apps > Books The Girl in the Outfield god oi o dh ohde wc bg ao ieag r a ce nage odi etan George Larson odgua toiuad dgan one ahad oy wone a agdlk ado diLocation Behind the Plate agoidgn oaeh dgligf done oiuw wea ad w e id aodin odngTips & tricks To browse and select books, touch Shop. George Larson More aonealg oneachea od od odf gone ign oein woeyt oi c xboib n,.mda co coadn woihg aoie al og o coadn aoihgContacts Andriod Apps Books Search Market My appsWirelessConnections New arrivals > CATEGORIES Touch Try to get a free sample. To buy a book, touch Buy.Tools & management Shadowfever Karen Marie Moning $14.99 How to Woo a Reluc... Sabrina Jeffries $7.99 Towers of Midnight Robert Jordan, Bradon Sa. $12.99 BIOGRAPHIES & MEMOIRS After you confirm the purchase, the book is added to yourSecurity Tick Tock The Inner Circle The Red Garden BUSINESS & INVESTING library. James Patterson, Michael L.. Brad Mclizer Alice Hoffman CHILDREN’S BOOKSTroubleshooting $14.99 $12.99 $9.00 COMPUTERS & INTERNETSafety, Regulatory & Legal Top rated > The Winter Lodge Susan Wiggs Heaven is for Real Todd Durpo, Sanja Burpo The Help Kathryn Stockett COOKING, FOOD & WINE FANTASY Read books $3.50 $4.67 $9.99 FICTION Touch a book to open it. Flick left and right to see more Rough Cut Mari Carr $2.50 Alone Lisa Gardner $.99 61 Hours Lee Child $4.75 HISTORY books in your library. HUMOR Top selling > LIFESTYLE & HOME Books Shop The 4-hour Body The Girl Who Kicke... The Girl who Played.. MYSTERY & THRILLERS Timothy Ferriss Stieg Larsson Stieg Larsson Touch a book to The Everyman’s Guide Pride and Prejudice Black Ridge Mountain open & to the Everyday Jane Austen Somewhere Else Jennifer Steinberg Justin Younger 0% downloaded 100% downloaded Brent VanHorne 100% downloaded Undertow Tatia Torrey read it. 0% downloaded 100% downloaded + More Support Back Next Flick left & right to see more books. Google eBooks™
38. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Tip: To store your books on your tablet so you can read them even when you’re not connected, touch MenuAt a glanceEssentials > Make available offline.Apps & updates While reading the book, turn the pages by flicking them.Touch typingWeb daslfka danfagi.” CHAPTER II daslfka danfagi.” ”Photos & videos “aaelit dgnoaidn gdoign dfh “aaelit dz zdn gdoign dfh “aaelit dgnoaidn gdoign dfh oidg da dgno oidg da gdadig jaodig asdl oien gnoei “aaelit dz zdn gg jaodn. da gdadig jaodig asdl oien gnoei oidg aodiMusic neggi a;dsg. “aa dz zdn gdoih oidneggi a;dsg. g da n dfh oidg da gChat adgai agdoig sind ds goie nogin odaigh ad digh hnodgn hoif hn ladig anh iadf dadig jaodig nd adgai agdoig sind ds goie nogin aaelit dz zdn gdoign odaigh ad digh hnod hoif hn ladig dfh goien hnodgn hnh fif ohin fafohi fnihf ii hfad if ihra no dn gdoign dfh oidg danh iadf hnh fif ohin fafohi fnihf iiEmail adoi noi woeig hoiadh oinh al. ajao hfaddigihra lno adoi noi woeig hoiadh if asd doi n t dz zdn gdoign dfh oidg al. oinhGoogle eBooks™ sdofin hfoisn hoif oifn o vods ornh rsd ofsnh . gdoign dfh oidg da gda da sdofin hfoisn hoif oi o vods ornh oif oifn dig jaodLocation “aaelit dz zdg da gdarsd ofsnh . ig dig gnoei dfohi sofin on fosihn orslmdo ofhn dz zdidg da gdadoien gi a odfnh o dfoi onhrs onrd onrs fov rond. dfohi;dsg. on fosihn orslmdo ofhn sofin osihnTips & tricks dfh oidg da gdadig odfnh o dfoi onhrs o hrs onrd onrs fov fdsoif shofinr sorir ori vos slf oikr oh vo rond.Contacts sfoid hoirns ronrs onf onr osirn osdf ig n dfh oidg da gdadig jaodig asdl orir o it dz zdn gdoign dfdsoif shofinr sorir ori vos slf oikr oh ael fh ohnrs ofn oidsn hor dodn ronh ofin odsfn vo oidg daWireless fosnh oi. s ofhisn sodfinh sofi sof o ifn onds oyn rosrn fshs. sfoisfn osf n gdoign dfh oidg dasfoid hoirns ronrs onf onr osirn osdf gdad g rs onConnections ohnrsiofn oidsn hor dodn ronh ofinTools & managementSecurityTroubleshooting Touch toSafety, Regulatory & Legal show options. Touch to see the book’s table of contents. Touch to see book reader settings. To close the book, touch the bottom navigation panel, then touch at the top left of the screen. Tip: When you touch the book again on the Books home screen, the book opens to the last page you read. + More Support Back Next Google eBooks™
39. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu When viewing a map, touch it with two fingers to rotate, Location tilt, and zoom:At a glance where you are, where you’re goingEssentials • To zoom in and out, pinch two fingers together or slideApps & updates them apart. When you zoom in on some cities, you’ll seeTouch typing At a glance buildings in 3D.Web Maps, places, friends—find them all, and we’ll tell you howPhotos & videos • To rotate the map, touch and rotate with two fingers. to get there. For a quick overview, see “At a glance:Music • To tilt the map, touch and drag with two fingers. Location”.ChatEmail Find your locationGoogle eBooks™ Set your location sources Note: Don’t forget to set your location sources.LocationTips & tricks Set your tablet to determine your location using GPS satellite signals (highly accurate, but uses battery power) or In Google Maps, touch . Your location is shown on theContacts map as . The smaller the circle, the more accurate theWireless using the mobile network (less accurate, but conserves battery power). location.ConnectionsTools & management To set your location, touch Apps > SettingsSecurity Find any locationTroubleshooting > Location & security > Use GPS satellites and/or Use wireless networks. 1 Touch .Safety, Regulatory & Legal 2 Enter text in the search box, like an address, business, Google Maps™ or city, then touch again. Find it: Apps > Maps Tip: If it’s an address you have visited before, select it from the list. Directions, Places, Layers, My Location 3 Touch the search box to view all the results, then touch New York City Map the one you want. Get directions Find your way with turn-by-turn directions. You can even have them spoken so you can keep your eye on the road. Michigan Ave. Klier St. 1 Touch Directions. + 2 Enter a starting point address or touch and select My More Support current location, Contacts, or Points on map. Back Next Kukreja St. 3 Enter an end point address or touch and select Contacts or Point on map. Location
40. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu 4 Select your mode of transport (car, public transport or Get spoken turn-by-turn directions to the destination you walk), then touch Go. Your directions are shown as a list. specify. Speak or type your destination, or touch aAt a glanceEssentials 5 When you have finished, touch Menu > Clear map. destination in the Recent Destinations list.Apps & updates Touch to view route details. Route,Touch typing Select map mode Settings,Web Touch Layers to select from Traffic, Satellite, or Follow the route Layers,Photos & videos Terrain views. Or select Latitude, recent searches, or & More Palo Alto Fairmeadow Baylands ParkMusic viewed positions or directions. San Antonio Rd Challe Los Altos wy PkChat no nge Rd mi Old Middl w Ca Monta Loma Ne efield y Layers > More layers to select from My Maps, al PkwEmail Way Touch Shoreline at Mountain y Centr Pw View Park re ho ys BaGoogle eBooks™ Bicycling, Wikipedia, Transit Lines, or Favorite Places. Rex Manor Jackson ParkLocation Mountain ViewTips & tricks Touch Clear Map to clear your selections.ContactsWireless Moffett FederalConnections Google Maps Navigation™ beta AirfieldTools & management Find it: Apps > NavigationSecurity • Touch Follow the route to see route details. In theTroubleshooting Set route detailed view, touch to see text directions. options.Safety, Regulatory & Legal • Touch Menu > Layers to set the map view. > Layers and select points of interest Navigation Driving Map View • Touch Menu Speak Destination map. like Parking or Gas Stations. Then touch Menu Type Destination > Route Info to view them on maps or directions. Contacts Note: Using a mobile device or accessory while driving Starred Places may cause distraction and may be illegal. Always obey the Recent Destinations laws and drive safely. Indianapolis, IN Google Latitude™ Find it: Apps > Latitude Join Google Latitude + More Support Keep track of where your friends and family are on Latitude. Plan to meet up, check that your parents got Back Next home safely, or just stay in touch. Location Don’t worry, your location is not shared unless you agree to it. You need to join Google Latitude, and then invite your
42. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Tips & tricksAt a glance a few handy hintsEssentialsApps & updatesTouch typing General tipsWeb • If you can’t see the screen while wearing sunglasses,Photos & videos take them off. Screen brightness changes as your tabletMusic senses the current lighting conditions.ChatEmail • To return to home screen, touch Home .Google eBooks™ • To sleep/wake your tablet, press Power/Lock .LocationTips & tricks • To search, touch Search .Contacts • To show the last few apps, touch .WirelessConnections • To change volume, notification tones, and other soundTools & management settings, touch Apps > Settings > Sound.SecurityTroubleshooting • To manage apps—stop, change settings, manage otherSafety, Regulatory & Legal options—touch Apps > Settings > Applications > Manage applications. Battery tips Want to extend your battery life? Try these: • To turn off Bluetooth® power when you don’t need it, touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth. • To turn off Wi-Fi, touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi. • Determine location using less battery (but with lower accuracy). Touch Apps > Settings > Location & + More Support security. Under My Location, select Use wireless networks, and deselect Use GPS satellites. Back Next • To set screen timeout or change screen brightness, touch Apps > Settings > Screen. Tips & tricks
43. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Contacts Synchronize contactsAt a glance names, numbers, addresses When you make a change to contacts on an account usingEssentials your tablet, computer, or phone, the change is shown on allApps & updates devices—so, change in one place, see it everywhere.Touch typing At a glanceWeb All your important contacts—synced and backed up with Note: For information on synchronizing accounts,Photos & videos your Google and email accounts. For a quick overview, see see “Synchronize email, contacts, & calendar”.Music “At a glance: Email & contacts”.ChatEmailGoogle eBooks™ Create contactsLocation Find it: Apps > Android Mobile Tablet Contacts.Tips & tricksContacts Touch New to create a contact, and select the account toWireless add it to (if you have more than one Gmail/email accountConnections registered on your tablet). Touch any entry area to open theTools & management touchscreen keyboard. When you’re finished, touch Done.Security ^Troubleshooting Tip: Touch / ^ to see more/less detail for a field.Safety, Regulatory & Legal Touch + / - to add or subtract a field. Touch Add another field to add more fields. Edit or delete contacts To edit a contact, touch the contact, then touch . To delete a contact, touch the contact, touch , then touch Menu > Delete contact. Join contacts You might have two Contacts for the same person, such as a friend with two email addresses. To combine these two contacts: + More Support 1 Touch a contact. 2 Touch Menu > Join. Back Next 3 Touch the contact to be combined. Contacts
44. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Wireless 1 Make sure the device you are pairing with is inAt a glance lose the wires discoverable mode.Essentials Note: Refer to the guide that came with the device forApps & updates details.Touch typing At a glanceWeb Accessories, phone, PC, network, and hotspot—connect. 2 Touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & networksPhotos & videos For a quick overview, see “At a glance: Wireless”. > Bluetooth settings.MusicChat 3 Touch Bluetooth to turn on Bluetooth power, ifEmail Bluetooth® wireless necessary.Google eBooks™ 4 Touch Find nearby devices.Location Turn Bluetooth power on or offTips & tricks Find it: Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks 5 Touch a device to connect.Contacts > Bluetooth 6 If necessary, touch Pair, or enter the device passkeyWireless Note: To extend battery life, turn Bluetooth power off (like 0000) to connect to the device. When the device isConnections connected, the Bluetooth indicator appears in theTools & management when not in use.Security status panel. Note: The Bluetooth Enhanced Audio setting is notTroubleshooting recommended for older Bluetooth headsets, as it may not Note: Using a mobile device or accessory while drivingSafety, Regulatory & Legal may cause distraction and may be illegal. Always obey the deliver acceptable sound quality. laws and drive safely. Make device discoverable transfer files To allow a Bluetooth device to discover your tablet: To transfer files, you need to pair with the device you want 1 Touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks to send files to (see “Connect new devices”). > Bluetooth settings. • Photo or video: After you take the photo or record the 2 Touch Bluetooth to turn on Bluetooth power, if video, touch the photo or video thumbnail, then necessary. touch > Bluetooth. 3 Touch Discoverable. • Contacts: Touch Apps > Contacts, touch a Android Mobile Tablet contact, then touch Menu > Share contact Connect new devices > Bluetooth. To connect with a new device, you need to pair with it. You + More Support only need to do this once for each device—to connect Reconnect devices again, just turn on the device. To reconnect your tablet with a paired device, touch the Back Next device name in the Paired devices list. Wireless
45. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Disconnect devices Wi-Fi hotspotAt a glance To disconnect your tablet from a paired device, touch the Note: This feature is not available on the MOTOROLAEssentials device name in the devices list, then touch Menu XOOM™ with Wi-Fi.Apps & updates > Disconnect.Touch typing You can make your tablet a Wi-Fi hotspot to provideWeb Tip: Turn off Bluetooth power to extend battery life or stop portable, convenient internet access to other Wi-Fi enabledPhotos & videos connections—touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & devices.Music networks > Bluetooth. Note: Keep it safe. To protect your tablet and hotspot fromChat unauthorized access, it is strongly recommended that youEmailGoogle eBooks™ Wi-Fi set up hotspot security (WPA2 is the most secure),Location including password. Turn on & offTips & tricks To set up your tablet as a Wi-Fi hotspot:Contacts Find it: Apps > Settings > Wireless & networksWireless > Wi-Fi 1 Turn off Wi-Fi power by touching AppsConnections Note: To extend battery life, turn off Wi-Fi when not in use. > Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi.Tools & management 2 Touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & networksSecurity Wi-Fi search & connect > Tethering & portable hotspot.TroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal To find networks in your range: 3 Touch Wi-Fi hotspot to turn on the hotspot. 1 Touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks 4 Touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings to change hotspot > Wi-Fi Settings. security and configuration: 2 Touch Wi-Fi to turn on and scan. If Wi-Fi is already on, • Network SSID—Enter a unique name for your touch Menu > Scan. Your tablet lists the networks it hotspot and touch Next. finds within range. • Security—Select Open or WPA2 PSK. If you select Tip: To see your tablet’s MAC address or other Wi-Fi WPA2 PSK, enter a unique password. Other users details, touch Menu > Advanced. can access your Wi-Fi hotspot only if they enter the 3 Touch a network to connect. correct password. 4 If necessary, enter Network SSID, Security, and 5 Touch Save when the settings are complete. Wireless password, and touch Connect. When your When your Wi-Fi hotspot is active, other Wi-Fi enabled tablet is connected to the network, the wireless devices can connect by entering your hotspot’s SSID, + More Support indicator appears in the status bar. selecting a Security type, and entering the correct Wireless Tip: When you are in range and Wi-Fi is on, you will password. Back Next automatically reconnect to available networks you’ve connected to before. Wireless
46. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu ConnectionsAt a glance share photos, videos, music, movies . . .EssentialsApps & updatesTouch typing USB connectionWeb Note: Copyright—do you have the right? Always follow thePhotos & videos rules. See “Content Copyright” in your legal and safetyMusic information.ChatEmail Share your media between your computer and tablet usingGoogle eBooks™ a USB connection. Use the USB cable that came with yourLocation tablet to make the connection. Your computer willTips & tricks recognize your tablet as a USB device. You can then setContacts how your tablet will appear to the computer:WirelessConnections • Mass storage device—Drag and drop media files fromTools & management your computer to your tablet.SecurityTroubleshooting • MTP device—Use Windows Media Player to transferSafety, Regulatory & Legal media files. USB tethering You can tether (connect) your tablet to your computer with a USB cable to share your tablet’s internet connection with the computer. Use the USB cable that came with your tablet. Note: Tethering works with Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Linux. Find it: Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot > USB tethering + More Support Back Next Connections
47. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Tools & management Manage calendar eventsAt a glance stay on top of things To edit an event, touch and hold it, then touch Details.Essentials To delete an event, touch and hold it, then touch Delete.Apps & updatesTouch typing Clock & alarm To go to today, touch Today.Web Find it: Apps > 3:01 pm ClockPhotos & videosMusic To add an alarm, touch Set, then enter alarm details. CalculatorChat When an alarm sounds, touch to Dismiss to turn it off or Find it: Apps > CalculatorEmail Snooze to delay for ten minutes.Google eBooks™Location 0Tips & tricks CalendarContacts Apps > Calendar sin ln 7 8 9 ( .|. . .. Find it:Wireless cos logConnections Day Week Month February 2011 Today 4 5 6 x )Tools & management tan e _ Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat 30 31 1 2 Groundhog Day 3 4 5Security π ^ 1 2 3Troubleshooting 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Lincoln’s Birthday =Safety, Regulatory & Legal ! √ 0 . + 13 14 Valentine’s Day 15 16 17 Monthly Status 9am - 10am 18 19 1 20 21 Washington’s Bi. 22 Lunch Crrie noon - 1:30pm 23 24 25 26 27 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Network Note: This feature is not applicable to the MOTOROLA XOOM™ with Wi-Fi. View your calendar events from all of your accounts, all in You should not need to change any network settings. one place. Your calendar events can be viewed in different Contact your service provider for help. ways: Touch Day, Week, or Month. When you highlight an Touch Apps > Settings > Wireless & networks event, more details appear. > Mobile networks to show options for roaming networks, Add calendar events network selection, operator selection, and access point + More Support names. From any view, touch . Enter the event start time and other details. You can even set a reminder so you don’t Back Next forget about the event. Tools & management When you finish entering event details, touch Done.
48. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Airplane mode • Download accessibility scripts: Allow applications to download accessibility scripts from Google.At a glance Use airplane mode to turn all your wireless connectionsEssentials off—useful when flying. Touch the bottom right corner ofApps & updates the screen, then touch > Airplane mode. ZoomTouch typing Get a closer look. To zoom in, double tap the screen, orWeb touch the screen with two fingers and then slide themPhotos & videos Accessibility apart. To zoom out, double tap the screen again, or dragMusic See, hear, speak, and use. Accessibility features are there your fingers together.Chat for everyone, making things easier.EmailGoogle eBooks™ Note: For general information, accessories, and more, visit Display brightnessLocation www.motorola.com/accessiblity. Set a brightness level that works for you. Touch AppsTips & tricks > Settings > Screen > Brightness. Make sure thatContacts Voice actions Automatic brightness is unchecked so you can set yourWireless own level.Connections Voice Actions let you control your tablet using your voice.Tools & management Send messages, browse the web, listen to music, andSecurity more—any number of apps can be activated with Voice MessagesTroubleshooting actions. Just touch Apps > Voice Search. Then say To make text entry easier, you can use features likeSafety, Regulatory & Legal what you want your tablet to do: auto-capitalization, auto-correction, and show correction suggestions—touch Apps > Settings • “Show map of Chicago, Illinois. ” > Language & input > Configure input methods • “Navigate to 433 West 3rd Street, Dover, Ohio. ” > Settings. Of course if you don’t want to type at all, then • “Go to the New York Gazette. ” use your voice—touch on the touchscreen keypad. • “Email to Joseph Jones. Meet me at the deli for lunch. ” • “Listen to Mozart. ” Apps Want more? No problem. Android Market™ provides Go ahead, try it for yourself. If you want more help, touch access to thousands of apps, and many provide useful Apps > Voice Search and say “help. ” accessibility features. Voice readouts Find it: Apps > Market To turn on voice readouts, touch Apps > Settings Select a category or touch Search to find the app you > Accessibility > Accessibility, then select an option: want. + More Support • Talkback: The tablet speaks out loud to describe each Tip: Choose your apps carefully, from trusted sites like action you complete. Android Market™, as some may impact your phone’s Back Next • SoundBack: Play a sound to confirm your action, you performance. Tools & management signal a change of tablet status, or alert you to notifications.
49. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Enter a password (up to eight characters), then confirm it. SecurityAt a glance help keep your tablet safe When prompted, enter the password to unlock the tablet.EssentialsApps & updates Personalize your lock screenTouch typing At a glance To change your timeout, touch Apps > SettingsWeb Choose your security level and keep your tablet safe. For a > Location & security > Security lock timer. If you don’tPhotos & videos quick overview, see “Security”.Music touch the screen or touch any keys for the amount of timeChat you select, the screen locks automatically.Email Screen lockGoogle eBooks™ To prevent accidental touches, you can make the screen Lock & unlockLocation To lock the screen: lock when it goes to sleep. Touch Apps > SettingsTips & tricksContacts > Location & security > Change screen lock, then select • Press Power/Lock .Wireless the lock type: • Let the screen time out (don’t press anything).Connections • Pattern lock—Draw a pattern to unlock. • Switch off the power.Tools & managementSecurity • PIN—Enter a numeric PIN to unlock. To wake up the screen, press Power/Lock . Then, on theTroubleshooting • Password lock—Enter a password to unlock. display, drag the unlock icon through the circle.Safety, Regulatory & Legal Lock pattern Forgot your pattern or passcode? To set the lock pattern, touch Apps > Settings If you forget your pattern or passcode, see your service > Location & security > Configure lock screen > Pattern. provider. Follow the instructions to draw your lock pattern. When prompted, draw the pattern to unlock the tablet. PIN lock To set a PIN, touch Apps > Settings > Location & security > Configure lock screen > PIN. Enter a numeric PIN, then confirm it. When prompted, enter the PIN to unlock the tablet. + More Support Password lock Back Next To set the password, touch Apps > Settings Security > Location & security > Configure lock screen > Password.
50. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu TroubleshootingAt a glance we’re here to helpEssentialsApps & updatesTouch typing Forced RebootWeb In the unlikely event that your device becomesPhotos & videos unresponsive, try a forced reboot: Press and hold bothMusic Power/Lock and the up-volume key for three seconds.ChatEmailGoogle eBooks™ ResetLocationTips & tricks To reset your tablet to factory settings and erase all theContacts data on your device, from the home screen, touchWireless Apps > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.Connections Warning: All data on your tablet will be deleted.Tools & managementSecurityTroubleshooting Service & repairsSafety, Regulatory & Legal If you have questions or need assistance, go to http://www.motorola.com/support, where you can select from a number of customer care options. You can also contact the Motorola Customer Support Center at 1-800-734-5870 (United States), 1-888-390-6456 (TTY/TDD United States for hearing impaired), or 1-800-461-4575 (Canada). + More Support Back Next Troubleshooting
51. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Safety, Regulatory & Legal • Use voice activated features (such as voice commands) and speaking features (such as audible directions), if available.At a glance • Obey all local laws and regulations for the use of mobile devices and accessories in theEssentials vehicle.Apps & updates Battery Use & Safety • End any task if you cannot concentrate on driving.Touch typing DON’Ts Remember to follow the “Smart Practices While Driving” in this guide.Web • Don’t let the product come in contact with liquids. Liquids can get into thePhotos & videos product’s circuits, leading to corrosion. Seizures/BlackoutsMusic • Don’t place your product near a heat source. High temperatures can cause the Some people may be susceptible to epileptic seizures or blackouts when exposed toChat battery to swell, leak, or malfunction. flashing lights, such as when playing videos or games. These may occur even if a personEmail • Don’t dry a wet or damp product with an appliance or heat source, such as a has never had a previous seizure or blackout.Google eBooks™ hair dryer or microwave oven. If you have experienced seizures or blackouts, or if you have a family history of such DOs occurrences, please consult with your physician before playing videos or games orLocation • Do avoid leaving your product in your car in high temperatures. enabling a flashing-lights feature (if available) on your mobile device.Tips & tricks • Do avoid dropping the product. Dropping your product, especially on a hard surface, Discontinue use and consult a physician if any of the following symptoms occur:Contacts can potentially cause damage. convulsion, eye or muscle twitching, loss of awareness, involuntary movements, orWireless • Do contact your retailer or Motorola if your product has been damaged by disorientation. It is always a good idea to hold the screen away from your eyes, leave theConnections dropping, liquids or high temperatures. lights on in the room, take a 15-minute break every hour, and stop use if you are tired.Tools & management Warning: Never dispose of battery powered products in a fire because they may explode.Security Caution About High Volume UsageTroubleshooting Battery Charging Warning: Exposure to loud noise from any source for extended periods of time may affectSafety, Regulatory & Legal Notes for charging your product’s battery: Battery Charging your hearing. The louder the volume sound level, the less time is required before your • During charging, keep your battery and charger near room temperature for efficient hearing could be affected. To protect your hearing: battery charging. • Limit the amount of time you use headsets or headphones at high volume. • New batteries are not fully charged. • Avoid turning up the volume to block out noisy surroundings. • New batteries or batteries stored for a long time may take more time to charge. • Turn the volume down if you can’t hear people speaking near you. • Motorola batteries and charging systems have circuitry that protects the battery from If you experience hearing discomfort, including the sensation of pressure or fullness in your damage from overcharging. ears, ringing in your ears, or muffled speech, you should stop listening to the device through your headset or headphones and have your hearing checked. Driving Precautions For more information about hearing, see our Web site at Responsible and safe driving is your primary responsibility when behind the wheel of a direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/nss/AcousticSafety.asp (in English only). vehicle. Using a mobile device or accessory while driving may cause distraction and may be prohibited or restricted in certain areas. Always obey the laws and regulations on the Repetitive Motion use of these products. When you repetitively perform actions such as pressing keys or entering finger-written While driving, NEVER: characters, you may experience occasional discomfort in your hands, arms, shoulders, • Type or read messages. neck, or other parts of your body. If you continue to have discomfort during or after such • Enter or review written data. use, stop use and see a physician. + More Support • Surf the web. [Nov0109] • Input navigation information. • Perform any other functions that divert your attention from driving. Small Children Back Next While driving, ALWAYS: Keep your mobile device and its accessories away from small children. These • Keep your eyes on the road. products are not toys and may be hazardous to small children. For example: Troubleshooting • Enter destination information into a navigation device before driving. • A choking hazard may exist for small, detachable parts.
52. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu • Improper use could result in loud sounds, possibly causing hearing injury. • Improperly handled batteries could overheat and cause a burn. Radio Frequency (RF) EnergyAt a glance Exposure to RF EnergyEssentials Glass Parts Your mobile device contains a transmitter and receiver. When it is ON, it receives andApps & updates Some parts of your mobile device may be made of glass. This glass could break if the transmits RF energy. When you communicate with your mobile device, the system handlingTouch typing product is dropped on a hard surface or receives a substantial impact. If glass breaks, do your network access controls the power level at which your mobile device transmits.Web not touch or attempt to remove. Stop using your mobile device until the glass is replaced by Your mobile device is designed to comply with local regulatory requirements in yourPhotos & videos a qualified service center. country concerning exposure of human beings to RF energy.Music RF Energy Operational PrecautionsChat Operational Warnings Obey all posted signs when using mobile devices in public areas. For optimal mobile device performance, and to be sure that human exposure to RF energyEmail does not exceed the guidelines set forth in the relevant standards, always follow theseGoogle eBooks™ Potentially Explosive Atmospheres instructions and precautions:Location Areas with potentially explosive atmospheres are often, but not always, posted and can • If you use the mobile device placed on your body (such as on your lap), always place theTips & tricks include fueling areas, such as below decks on boats, fuel or chemical transfer or storage mobile device in a Motorola-supplied or approved case. If you do not use a body-wornContacts facilities, or areas where the air contains chemicals or particles, such as grain dust, or accessory supplied or approved by Motorola, keep the mobile device and its antenna atWireless metal powders. least 2.5 centimeters (1 inch) from your body when transmitting.Connections When you are in such an area, turn off your mobile device, and do not remove, install, or • Using accessories not supplied or approved by Motorola may cause your mobile deviceTools & management charge batteries. In such areas, sparks can occur and cause an explosion or fire. to exceed RF energy exposure guidelines. For a list of Motorola-supplied or approvedSecurity Symbol Key accessories, visit our Web site at: www.motorola.com.Troubleshooting Your battery, charger, or mobile device may contain symbols, defined as follows: RF Energy Interference/CompatibilitySafety, Regulatory & Legal Nearly every electronic device is subject to RF energy interference from external sources if Symbol Definition inadequately shielded, designed, or otherwise configured for RF energy compatibility. In 032374o Important safety information follows. some circumstances, your mobile device may cause interference with other devices. Follow Instructions to Avoid Interference Problems Turn off your mobile device in any location where posted notices instruct you to do so. Do not dispose of your battery or mobile device in a fire. In an aircraft, turn off your mobile device whenever instructed to do so by airline staff. If 032376o your mobile device offers an airplane mode or similar feature, consult airline staff about using it in flight. Your battery or mobile device may require recycling in Implantable Medical Devices 032375o accordance with local laws. Contact your local regulatory If you have an implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker or defibrillator, consult authorities for more information. your physician before using this mobile device. Persons with implantable medical devices should observe the following precautions: Do not dispose of your battery or mobile device with your • ALWAYS keep the mobile device more than 20 centimeters (8 inches) from the household waste. See “Recycling” for more information. implantable medical device when the mobile device is turned ON. • DO NOT carry the mobile device in the breast pocket. + More Support For indoor use only. • Use the ear opposite the implantable medical device to minimize the potential for interference. • Turn OFF the mobile device immediately if you have any reason to suspect that Back Next interference is taking place. Troubleshooting
53. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Read and follow the directions from the manufacturer of your implantable medical device. If you have any questions about using your mobile device with your implantable medical European Union Directives ConformanceAt a glance device, consult your healthcare provider. StatementEssentials The following CE compliance information is applicable to Motorola mobile devices that EU ConformanceApps & updates Specific Absorption Rate (IEEE) SAR (IEEE) carry one of the following CE marks: 0168Touch typing YOUR MOBILE DEVICE COMPLIES WITH REGULATIONS FORWeb EXPOSURE TO RADIO WAVES.Photos & videos Your mobile device is a radio transmitter and receiver. It is designed not to exceed the 0168Music limits for exposure to radio waves (radio frequency electromagnetic fields) adopted by the [Only Indoor Use Allowed In FranceChat Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Industry Canada (IC). These limits include a for Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi]Email substantial safety margin designed to assure the safety of all persons, regardless of ageGoogle eBooks™ and health. Hereby, Motorola declares that this product is in compliance with:Location The radio wave exposure guidelines use a unit of measurement known as the Specific • The essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/ECTips & tricks Absorption Rate, or SAR. The SAR limit for mobile devices is 1.6 W/kg. • All other relevant EU DirectivesContacts Tests for SAR are conducted using standard operating positions with the deviceWireless transmitting at its highest certified power level in all tested frequency bands. The highestConnections SAR value under the FCC and IC guidelines for your device model is: 1.34 W/kg. 0168Tools & management During use, the actual SAR values for your device are usually well below the values stated. This is because, for purposes of system efficiency and to minimize interference on the ProductSecurity Approval network, the operating power of your mobile device is automatically decreased when fullTroubleshooting power is not needed for the wireless connection. The lower the power output of theSafety, Regulatory & Legal Number device, the lower its SAR value. The World Health Organization has stated that present scientific information does not The above gives an example of a typical Product Approval Number. indicate the need for any special precautions for the use of mobile devices. They You can view your product’s Declaration of Conformity (DoC) to Directive 1999/5/EC (to recommend that if you are interested in further reducing your exposure then you can easily R&TTE Directive) at www.motorola.com/rtte. To find your DoC, enter the Product do so by limiting your usage. Additional information can be found at Approval Number from your product’s label in the “Search” bar on the website. www.who.int/emf (World Health Organization). FCC Notice to Users Information from the World Health The following statement applies to all products that have received FCC approval. FCC Notice Organization Applicable products bear the FCC logo, and/or an FCC ID in the format FCC “A large number of studies have been performed over the last two decades to assess WHO Information ID:xxxxxx on the product label. whether mobile phone pose a potential health risk. To date, no adverse health effects have Motorola has not approved any changes or modifications to this device by the user. Any been established for mobile phone use.” changes or modifications could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. See 47 Source: WHO Fact Sheet 193 CFR Sec. 15.21. Further information: http://www.who.int/emf This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired + More Support operation. See 47 CFR Sec. 15.19(3). This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital Back Next device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This Safety, Regulatory & Legal equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
54. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a When using navigation features, note that mapping information, directions and other particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or navigational data may contain inaccurate or incomplete data. In some countries, completeAt a glance television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the information may not be available. Therefore, you should visually confirm that theEssentials user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following navigational instructions are consistent with what you see. All drivers should pay attentionApps & updates measures: to road conditions, closures, traffic, and all other factors that may impact driving. AlwaysTouch typing • Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. obey posted road signs.Web • Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.Photos & videos • Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver Smart Practices While DrivingMusic is connected. Check the laws and regulations on the use of mobile devices and their Driving SafetyChat • Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help. accessories in the areas where you drive. Always obey them. The use of these devices may be prohibited or restricted in certain areas—for example, handsfreeEmailGoogle eBooks™ Industry Canada Notice to Users use only may be required. Go to www.motorola.com/callsmartLocation Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause Industry Canada Notice (in English only) for more information. interference and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that Note: Voice call features may not be available on all products.Tips & tricks may cause undesired operation of the device. See RSS-GEN 7.1.5. This Class B digital Your mobile device lets you communicate by voice and data—almost anywhere, anytime,Contacts apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003. wherever connection is available and safe conditions allow. When driving a car, driving isWireless your first responsibility. If you choose to use your mobile device while driving, rememberConnections Location Services (GPS & AGPS) the following tips:Tools & management The following information is applicable to Motorola mobile devices that provide location GPS & AGPS • Get to know your Motorola mobile device and its features such as voiceSecurity based (GPS and/or AGPS) functionality. commands and “read out loud” features. If available, these features help you toTroubleshooting Your mobile device may use Global Positioning System (GPS) signals for location-based use your device without taking your attention off the road.Safety, Regulatory & Legal applications. GPS uses satellites controlled by the U.S. government that are subject to • When available, use a handsfree device. If possible, add an additional layer of changes implemented in accordance with the Department of Defense policy and the convenience to your mobile device with one of the many Motorola Original handsfree Federal Radio Navigation Plan. These changes may affect the performance of location accessories available today. technology on your mobile device. • Position your mobile device within easy reach. Be able to access your mobile Your mobile device may also use Assisted Global Positioning System (AGPS), which device without removing your eyes from the road. If you receive a call at an obtains information from the cellular network to improve GPS performance. AGPS uses inconvenient time, if possible, let your voicemail answer it for you. your wireless service providers network and therefore airtime, data charges, and/or • Let the person you are speaking with know you are driving; if necessary, additional charges may apply in accordance with your service plan. Contact your wireless suspend the call in heavy traffic or hazardous weather conditions. Rain, sleet, service provider for details. snow, ice, and even heavy traffic can be hazardous. • Do not take notes or look up phone numbers while driving. Jotting down a “to Your Location do” list or going through your address book takes attention away from your primary Location-based information includes information that can be used to determine the responsibility—driving safely. approximate location of a mobile device. Mobile devices which are connected to a wireless • Assess the traffic; if possible, place calls when your car is not moving or network transmit location-based information. Devices enabled with GPS or AGPS before pulling into traffic. If you must make a call while moving, use contacts or technology also transmit location-based information. Additionally, if you use applications voice commands, check the road and your mirrors, then continue. that require location-based information (e.g. driving directions), such applications transmit • Do not engage in stressful or emotional conversations that may be distracting. location-based information. This location-based information may be shared with third Make people you are talking with aware you are driving and suspend conversations + More Support parties, including your wireless service provider, applications providers, Motorola, and that can divert your attention away from the road. other third parties providing services. Back Next Navigation Safety, Regulatory & Legal The following information is applicable to Motorola mobile devices that provide navigation Navigation features.
55. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Privacy & Data Security liquids Don’t expose your mobile device to water, rain, extreme humidity, sweat, orAt a glance Motorola understands that privacy and data security are important to everyone. Because Privacy & Data Security some features of your mobile device may affect your privacy or data security, please follow other liquids. If it does get wet, don’t try to accelerate drying with the use ofEssentials these recommendations to enhance protection of your information: an oven or dryer, as this may damage the mobile device.Apps & updates • Monitor access—Keep your mobile device with you and do not leave it where others extreme heat or coldTouch typing may have unmonitored access. Lock your device’s keypad where this feature isWeb Don’t use, recharge, or store your mobile device in temperatures below 0°C available. (32°F) or above 35°C (95°F).Photos & videos • Keep software up to date—If Motorola or a software/application vendor releases aMusic patch or software fix for your mobile device that updates the device’s security, install itChat microwaves as soon as possible. Don’t try to dry your mobile device in a microwave oven.Email • Secure Personal Information—Your mobile device can store personal information inGoogle eBooks™ various locations including your SIM card, memory card, and internal memory. Be sureLocation to remove or clear all personal information before you recycle, return, or give away your dust and dirtTips & tricks device. You can also backup your personal data to transfer to a new device. Don’t expose your mobile device to dust, dirt, sand, food, or otherContacts Note: For information on how to backup or wipe data from your mobile device, go to inappropriate materials.Wireless www.motorola.com/supportConnections • Online accounts—Some mobile devices provide a Motorola online account (such as cleaning solutionsTools & management MOTOBLUR). Go to your account for information on how to manage the account, and To clean your mobile device, use only a dry soft cloth. Don’t use alcohol orSecurity how to use security features such as remote wipe and device location (where other cleaning solutions.Troubleshooting available). • Applications—Install third party applications from trusted sources only. Applications shock and vibrationSafety, Regulatory & Legal can have access to private information such as call data, location details and network Don’t drop your mobile device. resources. • Location-based information—Location-based information includes information that can be used to determine the approximate location of a mobile device. Products which protection are connected to a wireless network transmit location-based information. Devices To help protect your mobile device, always make sure that the battery enabled with GPS or AGPS technology also transmit location-based information. compartment and any connector covers are closed and secure. Additionally, if you use applications that require location-based information (e.g. driving directions), such applications transmit location-based information. This location-based information may be shared with third parties, including your wireless service provider, Recycling applications providers, Motorola, and other third parties providing services. Recycling • Other information your device may transmit—Your device may also transmit Mobile Devices & Accessories testing and other diagnostic (including location-based) information, and other Please do not dispose of mobile devices or electrical accessories (such as non-personal information to Motorola or other third-party servers. This information is chargers, headsets, or batteries) with your household waste, or in a fire. These used to help improve products and services offered by Motorola. items should be disposed of in accordance with the national collection and If you have further questions regarding how the use of your mobile device may impact your recycling schemes operated by your local or regional authority. Alternatively, you privacy or data security, please contact Motorola at email@example.com, or may return unwanted mobile devices and electrical accessories to any Motorola Approved + More Support contact your service provider. Service Center in your region. Details of Motorola approved national recycling schemes, and further information on Motorola recycling activities can be found at: Back Next Use & Care www.motorola.com/recycling To care for your Motorola mobile device, please observe the following: Use & Care Safety, Regulatory & Legal
56. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Packaging & Product Guides Software Copyright Notice Product packaging and product guides should only be disposed of in accordance with Motorola products may include copyrighted Motorola and third-party software stored in Software Copyright NoticeAt a glance national collection and recycling requirements. Please contact your regional authorities forEssentials semiconductor memories or other media. Laws in the United States and other countries more details. preserve for Motorola and third-party software providers certain exclusive rights forApps & updates copyrighted software, such as the exclusive rights to distribute or reproduce theTouch typing California Perchlorate Label copyrighted software. Accordingly, any copyrighted software contained in MotorolaWeb Some mobile devices use an internal, permanent backup battery on the printed circuit Perchlorate Label products may not be modified, reverse-engineered, distributed, or reproduced in anyPhotos & videos board that may contain very small amounts of perchlorate. In such cases, California law manner to the extent allowed by law. Furthermore, the purchase of Motorola products shallMusic requires the following label: not be deemed to grant either directly or by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licenseChat Perchlorate Material – special handling may apply when the battery is recycled or disposed under the copyrights, patents, or patent applications of Motorola or any third-partyEmail of. See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate software provider, except for the normal, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use thatGoogle eBooks™ There is no special handling required by consumers. arises by operation of law in the sale of a product.LocationTips & tricks Hearing Aid Compatibility with Mobile Content CopyrightContacts Devices The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Content CopyrightWireless Some Motorola products are measured for compatibility with hearing aids. If the box for Hearing Aid Compatibility Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely forConnections your particular model has “Rated for Hearing Aids” printed on it, the following explanation copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materialsTools & management applies. which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your rightSecurity When some mobile devices are used near some hearing devices (hearing aids and cochlear to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor. implants), users may detect a buzzing, humming, or whining noise. Some hearing devicesTroubleshootingSafety, Regulatory & Legal are more immune than others to this interference noise, and mobile devices also vary in Open Source Software Information For instructions on how to obtain a copy of any source code being made publicly available OSS Information the amount of interference they generate. The mobile devices industry has developed ratings for some of their products, to assist by Motorola related to software used in this Motorola mobile device, you may send your hearing device users in finding products that may be compatible with their hearing devices. request in writing to the address below. Please make sure that the request includes the Not all mobile devices have been rated. Products that are rated have the rating on their box model number and the software version number. or a label on the box. To maintain the published Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) rating for MOTOROLA MOBILITY, INC. this mobile devices, use only the original equipment battery model. OSS Management The ratings are not guarantees. Results will vary depending on the user’s hearing device 600 North US Hwy 45 and hearing loss. If your hearing device happens to be vulnerable to interference, you may Libertyville, IL 60048 not be able to use a rated product successfully. Trying out the mobile device with your USA hearing device is the best way to evaluate it for your personal needs. The Motorola website opensource.motorola.com also contains information M-Ratings: Products rated M3 or M4 meet FCC requirements and are likely to generate regarding Motorolas use of open source. less interference to hearing devices than products that are not labeled. M4 is the Motorola has created the opensource.motorola.com website to serve as a portal for better/higher of the two ratings. interaction with the software community-at-large. T-Ratings: Products rated T3 or T4 meet FCC requirements and are likely to be more To view additional information regarding licenses, acknowledgments and required usable with a hearing device’s telecoil (“T Switch” or “Telephone Switch”) than unrated copyright notices for open source packages used in this Motorola mobile device, please products. T4 is the better/higher of the two ratings. (Note that not all hearing devices have touch Apps > Settings > About tablet > Legal information + More Support telecoils in them.) > Open source licenses. In addition, this Motorola device may include Hearing devices may also be measured for immunity to this type of interference. Your self-contained applications that present supplemental notices for open source packages Back Next hearing device manufacturer or hearing health professional may help you find results for used in those applications. your hearing device. The more immune your hearing aid is, the less likely you are to Safety, Regulatory & Legal experience interference noise from mobile devices.
57. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu Export Law Assurances defects in materials and workmanship, under normal consumer use, for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser (“WarrantyAt a glance This product is controlled under the export regulations of the United States of America and Export Law Canada. The Governments of the United States of America and Canada may restrict the Period”).Essentials exportation or re-exportation of this product to certain destinations. For further information Products repaired or replaced under this Limited Warranty are covered for the balance ofApps & updates contact the U.S. Department of Commerce or the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs the original warranty period, or 90 days from the date of service, whichever is longer. AnyTouch typing and International Trade. upgrade to the original product will be covered only for the duration of the WarrantyWeb Period.Photos & videos Product Registration This Limited Warranty applies only to new Products which are a) manufactured by or for Motorola as identified by the “Motorola” trademark, trade name, or logo legally affixed toMusic Online Product Registration: RegistrationChat www.motorola.com/us/productregistration them; b) purchased by consumers from an authorized reseller or distributor of MotorolaEmail Product registration is an important step toward enjoying your new Motorola product. Products; and c) accompanied by this written Limited Warranty.Google eBooks™ Registering permits us to contact you for product or software updates and allows you to What Will Motorola Do?Location subscribe to updates on new products or special promotions. Registration is not required If a covered defect or damage arises and a valid warranty claim is received within theTips & tricks for warranty coverage. applicable Warranty Period, Motorola, at its sole option, unless otherwise required byContacts Please retain your original dated sales receipt for your records. For warranty service of your applicable law, will either (1) repair, at no charge, the defect or damage using new, used orWireless Motorola Personal Communications Product you will need to provide a copy of your dated reconditioned/refurbished functionally equivalent replacement parts; or (2) exchange theConnections sales receipt to confirm warranty status. Product with a replacement Product that is new or which has beenTools & management Thank you for choosing a Motorola product. reconditioned/refurbished or otherwise remanufactured from new or used parts and is functionally equivalent to the original Product; or (3) refund the purchase price of anySecurityTroubleshooting Service & Repairs Products covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty. If you have questions or need assistance, were here to help. Products, parts and supporting documentation provided to Motorola as part of the warrantySafety, Regulatory & Legal Go to www.motorola.com/repair (United States) or process, shall become the property of Motorola, and may not be returned. When a www.motorola.com/support (Canada), where you can select from a number of replacement or refund is given, the Product for which the replacement or refund is provided customer care options. You can also contact the Motorola Customer Support Center at must be returned to Motorola and shall become the property of Motorola. 1-800-734-5870 (United States), 1-888-390-6456 (TTY/TDD United States for hearing impaired), or 1-800-461-4575 (Canada). Exclusions (Products and Accessories) This warranty does not apply to: Limited Global Warranty Motorola Tablet (a) Consumable parts, such as batteries, unless its fully charged capacity falls below 50% of their rated capacity within the first year from the date of purchase; or protective Computer coatings designed to diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in FOR CONSUMERS WHO ARE COVERED BY CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR Warranty materials or workmanship. REGULATIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY OF PURCHASE OR, IF DIFFERENT, THEIR (b) Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, cracks or other COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THIS LIMITED cosmetic damage. WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO ALL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES CONVEYED BY (c) Damage caused by use with non-Motorola products. Defects or damage that SUCH CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS AND REGULATIONS. result from the use of non-Motorola branded or certified Products, accessories or other Who is Covered? peripheral equipment, including without limitation housings, parts, or software, are This Limited Warranty extends only to the first consumer purchaser of the Product, and is excluded from coverage. + More Support not transferable. (d) Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external causes; including but not limited to: (i) improper usage or operation (e.g. What Does this Limited Warranty Cover? operating the Product outside their permitted or intended uses as defined by Motorola, Back Next Motorolas warranty obligations are limited to the terms and conditions set forth herein including but not limited to as set forth by Motorola in the Products User Manual, Quick and are only available in the country where the Product was purchased. Subject to the Start Guide, Online Tutorials, and other documentation), improper storage (e.g. subjecting Safety, Regulatory & Legal exclusions contained below, Motorola warrants this Tablet Computer (“Product”) against the Product to extreme temperatures), abuse or neglect (e.g. broken/bent/missing
58. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu clips/fasteners/connectors); impact damage (e.g. dropping the Product) (ii) contact with ALL WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS. WHERE SUCH STATUTORY liquids, water, rain, extreme humidity, heavy perspiration or other moisture; sand, food, dirt OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES CANNOT LAWFULLY BE DISCLAIMED, THEN TO THEAt a glance or similar substances; (iii) use of the Products for commercial rental purposes; or (iv) EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED INEssentials external causes or acts which are not the fault of Motorola, including but not limited to DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINEDApps & updates flood, fire, earthquake, tornado or other acts of God, are excluded from coverage. HEREIN AND THE REMEDIES OF REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND AS DETERMINEDTouch typing (e) Damage caused by unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damage BY MOTOROLA IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THEWeb resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, or CONSUMER.Photos & videos modification in any way, including but not limited to tampering with or altering the • MOTOROLA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF ANY PRODUCTS ORMusic software, by someone other than Motorola, or its authorized service centers, are excluded SOFTWARE COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL MEET YOURChat from coverage. REQUIREMENTS, WORK IN COMBINATION WITH ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWAREEmail (f) A product or part that has been modified in any manner without the written APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES, BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, ORGoogle eBooks™ permission of Motorola. Products that have been altered in any manner so as to prevent WITHOUT RISK TO, OR LOSS OF, ANY INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE ORLocation Motorola from determining whether such Products are covered under the terms of this APPLICATIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCTS OR Limited Warranty are excluded from coverage. The forgoing shall include but not be limited SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.Tips & tricks to (i) serial numbers, date tags or other manufacturer coding that has been removed, • IN NO EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT ORContacts altered or obliterated; (ii) mismatched or duplicated serial numbers; or (iii) broken seals or UNDER OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESSWireless other evidence of tampering. OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,Connections Do not open the Product or attempt to repair the Product yourself; such conduct may cause SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE ORTools & management damage that is not covered by this warranty. PROFITS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY;Security (g) Normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the product. LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTIONTroubleshooting (h) Defects, damages, or the failure of the Product due to any communication OF INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING ANY COSTSSafety, Regulatory & Legal service or network you subscribe to or use with the Products. ASSOCIATED WITH RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY (i) All software, including operating system software, third-party software, INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS STORED ON OR USED WITH applications, and all other software of any kind. Software distributed by Motorola is MOTOROLA PRODUCTS, OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF provided “AS-IS” and “AS AVAILABLE,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” and without a warranty of any ANY INFORMATION OR DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCTS); OR OTHER FINANCIAL kind. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-Motorola product or any software, LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE even if packaged or sold with the Motorola hardware, unless otherwise required by THE PRODUCTS. applicable local law. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR (j) Products that have been refurbished, reconditioned, or remanufactured. The EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR THE foregoing does not apply to Products repaired or replaced pursuant to the terms of this EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, OR Limited Warranty. THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY What Other Limitations are There? NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE OR • THIS LIMITED WARRANTY AND THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION. AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES, WHETHER ORAL OR In the event that any term or provision contained in this Limited Warranty is found to be WRITTEN, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY MOTOROLA OR ANY SELLER, RESELLER OR shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make such provision enforceable by + More Support DISTRIBUTOR OF THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS THEREOF, such court, taking into account the intent of the parties. The invalidity in whole or in part of SHALL CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTY OBLIGATIONS, INCREASE THE SCOPE, any portion of this Limited Warranty shall not impair or affect the validity or enforceability Back Next OR OTHERWISE MODIFY IN ANY MANNER THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. of the remaining provisions of this Limited Warranty. • MOTOROLA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED Safety, Regulatory & Legal WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF How to Obtain Warranty Service or Other Information MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND 1. Please access and review the online Customer Support section of Motorolas consumer
59. LIFE. POWERED. MOTOROLA XOOMMenu website prior to requesting warranty service. 2. If the Product is still not functioning properly after making use of this resource, pleaseAt a glance contact the Warrantor listed at the Motorola website or the contact information for theEssentials corresponding location.Apps & updates 3. A representative of Motorola, or of a Motorola Authorized Repair Center, will help de-Touch typing termine whether your Product requires service. You may be required to download, or oth-Web erwise obtain and accept software updates from Motorola or a Motorola AuthorizedPhotos & videos Repair Center. You are responsible for any applicable carrier service fees incurred whileMusic obtaining the required downloads. Complying with the warranty process, repair instruc-Chat tions and accepting such software updates is required in order to receive additional war-Email ranty support.Google eBooks™ 4. If the software update does not fix the problem, you will receive instructions on how toLocation ship the Product to a Motorola Authorized Repair Center or other entity. 5. To obtain service, as permitted by applicable law, you are required to include: (a) a copyTips & tricks of your receipt, bill of sale or other comparable proof of purchase; (b) a written descrip-Contacts tion of the problem; (c) the name of your service provider, if applicable; (d) your addressWireless and telephone number. In the event the Product is not covered by this Warranty, Motor-Connections ola will inform the consumer of the availability, price and other conditions applicable toTools & management the repair of the Product.Security ALL INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR OTHER APPLICATIONS, INCLUDINGTroubleshooting BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL CONTACTS, ADDRESS BOOKS, PICTURES,Safety, Regulatory & Legal MUSIC AND GAMES WILL BE ERASED DURING THE REPAIR PROCESS, AND CAN NOT BE REINSTALLED BY MOTOROLA. To avoid losing such information, data, software or other applications please create a back up before you deliver your Product for warranty service, and disable any security passwords. You will be responsible for reinstalling all such information, data, software, other applications and passwords. Your Product or a replacement Product will be returned to you as your Product was configured when originally purchased, subject to applicable software updates. Motorola may install operating system software updates as part of warranty service that may prevent the Product from reverting to an earlier version of the operating system software. Third party applications installed on the Product may not be compatible or work with the Product as a result of the operating system software update. Motorola and its Authorized Service Centers are not responsible for the loss of, or inability to use, such information, data, software or other applications. To obtain service or other information, please access and review the online Customer Support section of Motorolas consumer website at www.motorola.com. + More Support Back Next Safety, Regulatory & Legal