1. The Solar System <ul><li>The Solar System is the astronomical name for the Sun and the collection of planets , comets and other objects moving around it. </li></ul>
2. <ul><li>The Earth moves around the Sun in an oval shaped, or "elliptical" orbit . </li></ul><ul><li>The other planets in the Solar System also move around the Sun in elliptical orbits . </li></ul>
3. <ul><li>The biggest objects that go around the Sun are called planets . Most of the planets have moons that orbit around them. </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>These are the eight planets , three dwarf planets moving around the Sun . </li></ul>
5. <ul><li>The terrestrial inner planets ( Mercury , Venus , Earth and Mars ) are the four closest planets to the sun and all have rocky surface. </li></ul>
6. Between Mars and Jupiter is the asteroid belt and after that are the Gas Giants, Jupiter , Saturn , Uranus and Neptune . They are all bigger than the Earth and are mostly made up of gas.
7. <ul><li>And there is another asteroid belt called the Kuiper belt . It contains many comets and asteroids and the dwarf planets Pluto , Ceres , and Eris . </li></ul>