2. Title: Give peace a chance Level: Primary Education Art contents : Complementary colours, ability to paint and to stick Language contents : materials, peace words Objectives :- To built a house in a group task. - To reinforce the value of peace - To know vocabulary on the theme
4. MATERIALS MILK CARTONS ACRYLIC PAINT BRUSH GLUE CONSTRUCTION PAPER HOT GLUE GUN
9. NOW SING THIS SONG AND LOOK FOR SYMBOLS OF PEACE
10. THE PEACE HOUSE
11. HOW TO DO IT <ul><li>- Step 1: Wash some milk cartons </li></ul><ul><li>with bleach (if not it´s nasty). Pay attention to use the same kind of carton (ordinary ones are the best) </li></ul><ul><li>Step 2: Paint these cartons with acrylic </li></ul><ul><li>paint ( Cover all the sides, even the bottom). When dried you can decorate them painting words or sticking pictures </li></ul><ul><li>Step 3: Use a particle board as the floor of the house. </li></ul>
12. -Step 4: Stick the cartons to the board with glue and hot glue in between the cartons to make it stronger. Leave some free space for the door. When building be aware of the position of the bricks ( as in a real wall ) Sometimes you will have to cut the carton in halves to fit the space. Insert one of the halves in the other to make it stronger (Look at the purple brick in the middle)
13. <ul><li>Step 5: In the 5th row leave </li></ul><ul><li>space for the window in both </li></ul><ul><li>sides of the house. You will have </li></ul><ul><li>to cut some cartons again. Three </li></ul><ul><li>rows afterwards you can finish the </li></ul><ul><li>window by placing a piece of wood </li></ul><ul><li>from a fruit box as a lintel. </li></ul><ul><li>Step 6: Do the same in the back </li></ul><ul><li>side but in the 5th row but in the </li></ul><ul><li>second row. </li></ul><ul><li>As you can see all the windows </li></ul><ul><li>have wood all around. The pieces </li></ul><ul><li>on the sides and at the bottom </li></ul><ul><li>can be put when finished. </li></ul>Back window Side windows
14. <ul><li>Step 7: Repeat the action with the door (wood lintel) </li></ul><ul><li>-Step 8: Once you have built one row above the door level you have to start shaping a triangle in the front and back sides. You have to stop building the sides of the house . </li></ul><ul><li>To do that, prepare the triangle without sticking it to the house. </li></ul>
15. To shape the wall you will have to cut some cartons. Insert the part you cut inside the other one to make it stronger. Stick them with hot glue. -Step 9: to reinforce the structure make a hole in the second last row of both triangles. Insert the cardboard tube simulating a beam.
16. When you have both triangles built and joined together by the tube then stick the whole block to the rest of the house. -Step 10: Take a piece of cardboard big enough to be the roof of the house and fold it in two. To make the tiles use construction paper and shape them as you see in the picture.
17. You can stick them with glue and sticky tape. <ul><li>Step 11: Built the chimney with a carton cut in the shape of the roof. Fill it with some papers and bend what you cut towards the inner part of the carton. Stick it to the roof with glue and …. </li></ul><ul><li>THERE YOU ARE….THE FANTASTIC PEACE HOUSE ! </li></ul>