On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Elasticsearch features presentationPresentation Transcript
Distributed and Highly Available
• Each index is fully sharded with a configurable
number of shards.
• Each shard can have one or more replicas.
• Read / Search operations performed on either
one of the replica shard.
Multi Tenant with Multi Types.
• Support for more than one index.
• Support for more than one type per index.
• Index level configuration (number of shards,
index storage, …).
Various set of APIs
• HTTP RESTful API
• Native Java API.
• All APIs perform automatic node operation
Reliable, Asynchronous Write Behind
for long term persistency.
• Elasticsearch puts your data safety first.
Document changes are recorded in
transaction logs on multiple nodes in the
cluster to minimise the chance of any data
Real Time Search.
• Data flows into your system all the time. The
question is … how quickly can that data
become an insight? With Elasticsearch, realtime is the only time.
Built on top of Lucene
• Each shard is a fully functional Lucene index
• All the power of Lucene easily exposed
through simple configuration / plugins.
Open Source under Apache 2 License
• Elasticsearch can be downloaded, used and
modified free of charge. It is available under
the Apache 2 license, one of the most flexible
open source licenses available.