Towards Faster and More Inclusive Growth An Approach to the 11 th Five Year Plan (2007 – 2012)
Vision for the 11 th Plan Broad based and Inclusive Growth
- Accelerate growth rate of GDP from 8% to 10%
- Increase agricultural GDP growth rate to 4%
- Increase Industrial GDP growth rate to 10.5%
- Increase Services GDP growth rate to 9.4%
- Reduce dropout rates of children from
- Regular testing monitor effectiveness of
- education to ensure quality.
- Increase literacy rate for persons of age 7 years
Empowerment through Education
- Lower gender gap in literacy to 10 percentage
Inclusive Development Strategy for Better Health
- Reduce infant mortality rate (IMR) to 28 per
- • Reduce Total Fertility Rate to 2.
- • Provide clean drinking water for all by 2009.
- • Reduce malnutrition among children of age group
- 0-3 to half its present level.
- • Reduce anaemia among women and girls by 50%
Inclusive Development Rural Infrastructure
- (a fully centrally funded time bound action plan)
- Ensure electricity connection to all villages and
- • Ensure all-weather road connection to all
- habitation with population 1000 and above by
- • Connect every village by telephone by November
- 2007 and provide broadband connectivity to all
(including the excluded)
- Bringing on par: SCs, STs, Minorities and others
Bridging Divides Rural-Urban Divide
- The Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- Proper implementation of different programmes in
- rural areas for education, health, housing, water
- supply, electrification and telecommunication.
Gender Equity Bridging Divides
- Economic empowerment of Women.
Bridging Divides Bringing on par: SCs, STs, Minorities etc.
- Economic and political empowerment.
- Eradication of Bonded Labour and their
- Special Component Plan for SCs.
Strategy for more faster and inclusive growth
- Regaining Agricultural Dynamism.
- Promoting access to Health and education.
- Developing Rural Infrastructure.
- Special focus on Weaker Sections.