1. Question/Aim How do different liquids effect plant (Pansies) growth.
2. Hypothesis Soft drinks: The leaves will fall of the plant will die. Bathroom Concoction: Everything will shrivel up, fall off and die. Sea Water: Plant will die quite slowly. Rain water: Plant will live happily and NOT die. Tap Water: Plant will die quite slowly and flowers will change colour.
3. Test Feed pansies 6 teaspoons of certain liquid per day at around 5:00 p.m & take photo of (LABLED) plant, for one week.
4. Equipment Teaspoons (1 each=6) Soft drinks Bathroom Concoction Tap Water Sea Water Rain Water (225 Ml per liquid) Pansies (one per person=6) Ice cream containers (one per person)
5. Results Tuesday- (Start of Experiment) - One flower is looking ill but the rest is OK including the leaves and roots. Wednesday- Same as yesterday, except a few leaves which have fallen off and crumpled up and a flower thats dying. Thursday- Like yesterday, except that some leaves near the soil are dead and the flower that was dying is now dead. Friday- 2nd flower beggining to die. (seawater seems to effect flowers), Leaves are starting to turn yellow and gold. Saturday- 2nd flower dead and some leaves are also dead. My theory: this species of plant probably dislikes seawater, because Pansies usually arent found planted near the ocean). Sunday- Same as Yesterday but as I was inspecting the plant I found a leaf that had a part of it that was Transpareable-ish gray. Monday- All of the other alive flowers have their petals curling inwards. Leaves as green as ever.
6. Results Pictures Day Two Day Three Day SevenDay One Da y Five Da y SixDay Four
8. Plant TablePlant: Score: Final Score:Tap water 5g p+5w p+4c p 14 pRainwater 3g p+4w p+3c p 10pSea Water 5g p+3w p+3c p 11pSoap Soup 0g p+0w p+0c p 0pCoca Cola 4g p+4w p+4c p 12p 47p
9. Plant Graph & Facts Median=11 p Mean=9.4 or 9 Mode=NONE Range=14
10. Variables Independent:None
11. Variables Dependent: The health of the plant. Colour of leaves and flowers
12. Variables Controlled: What I water the plant with When I water the plant How I water the plant
13. How this relates to Sharing The Planet  This can relate to sharing the planet by Humans intervening and watering plants with a new man-made formula or liquid,and cause a positivity, and help try and make up for all of the negative things humans have done to all kinds of vegetation.
14. Conclusion The best choice out of these for Pansies is Tap water and if your pipes break your Pansies wont last a full week!
15. Application Maybe for when a scientist wants to get plants to reproduce faster like rainforest trees because people are chopping them down too fast for them to reproduce again, they could try and make a liquid for the tree, shrub etc, that theyre trying to preserve and that liquid would help it produce better or faster resources. E.g: wood, fruit, vegetables etc.
16. Bibliography/Sources Graph was made at: http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagrap .