View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Define inbound marketing. Contrast with outbound marketing
List and describe the three skills (according to HubSpot) to
maximize inbound marketing.
Why do you think inbound marketing is less expensive than
Why do B2B companies derive greater value from inbound
marketing (and HubSpot’s offering) than B2C?
How will you measure success?
How do you want to speak?
What is the market saying?
What do you want to accomplish?
Informer Seller Worker “One-liner
• Getting into the conversation
• Know what is going on
• Don’t be the “dig me” guy
• General market intelligence
• Hearing what the pain points are
• Understanding your customers’ concerns
• Empowering sales people
• Solving problems
• Being available
Half the money I spend on advertising is
wasted; the trouble is I don't know which
- John Wanamaker (1838 –1922) merchant,
religious leader, civic and political figure
ORGANIC VS PAID
Evolution away from banner ads
Focus on promoted content
MORE THAN LIKES
Goal Based Advertising
TWEETS AND CARDS
Cards: Visual Twitter
Banner and Promoted Content
• Attempt to add greater metrics, accountability to
• Initial appeal: superior targeting
• Direction social networks are going; still a work in
• Display ads haven’t performed; focus now on content
• Mobile solution
Not an exact science
Easy way to experiment, see what works
• Case: EMC, OSSCube
• The B2B Social Media Book, Chapter 4
Credit; Grade Students:
• Answer the attached questions and submit before class
via email email@example.com
• Start thinking about your projects