As the sales blogger Jim Keenan puts it, “A lead today can
be a complaint on Twitter, a question on LinkedIn, or a
discussion on a Facebook page.”
• Getting into the conversation
• Know what is going on
• Don’t be the “dig me” guy
• General market intelligence
• Hearing what the pain points are
• Understanding your customers’ concerns
• Empowering sales people
• Solving problems
• Being available
Define inbound marketing. Contrast with outbound marketing
List and describe the three skills (according to HubSpot) to
maximize inbound marketing.
Why do you think inbound marketing is less expensive than
Why do B2B companies derive greater value from inbound
marketing (and HubSpot’s offering) than B2C?
• Case: EMC
• The B2B Social Media Book, Chapter 5, 7
• Article: Adding Social Media to the Marketing Mix
• Article: What’s your social media strategy?
Credit; Grade Students:
• Answer the attached questions and submit before class
via email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Answers can be in short paragraphs or bullet points.
• One page is sufficient