Transcript of "Effective use of powerpoint as a presentation tool"
Use of PowerPoint as a Presentation ToolBy: Rona Marie Angelica A. Obillo
PowerPoint is an easy-to- use presentation tool – but, like with any tool, itsuse is only as effective as the presenter who is using it.
Presenting With PowerPointIn putting together your slideshow, you’ve obviouslyconsidered key elements such as: Who is the audience? What do they already know about the material? What do you want them to learn by the end of the lecture? Where will the presentation take place and under what conditions?
10 Best Practices in Presenting with PowerPoint
2. Minimize the number of texts To discourage yourself from readingslides, use fewer slides with concise text
3. Don’t parrot PowerPoint. keep in mind that99% of the time, you should be looking at your students, notthe projection screen or your computer screen
4. Hold up Make sure that you are in your end their foreground – that what you are saying and how you are saying it is compelling enough to keep them focused on you, and not on your slides
5. Time your talk. Remember that another potential problem occurs when your important comments coincide precisely with the appearance of a fresh PowerPoint slide
6. Give it a rest Don’t be shy about blanking the screen on occasion when you need your students to focus on you
7. Make it interactive Ask students to anticipate information on an upcoming slide, or use PowerPoint for interactive games using action buttons, for instance
8. Mix up the media Put a range of media into your PowerPoint styles.
9. Hide your pointer Some students are easily distracted when the pointer moves across the screen during the presentation
10. Rehearse before presenting Practicing your presentation in the slideshow view
Uses and Importance of Powerpoint way of attracting audience towards your views and arguments one of the most helping factors behind success of every meeting combines audio and visual both aspects, making it easier to understand for audience makes it easier for people in marketing, advertising, and sales to make presentations for motivation of their subordinates. Inclusion of different types of charts, images, clip-arts, other graphical structures, makes a presentation eye catchy
Guidelines for an effective presentation session Your presentation should be to the point and focusing over actual purpose. There should be a professional look deciding your organizations identity. You need to practice properly before delivering a presentation in any seminars
There should be less text, and maximum possible graphics in presentations. Take care of your time, users positive responses, and their ease, dont make people bored with longer duration presentations There should be uniform colors and font appearance throughout the presentation to avoid in-convenience http://eglobiotraining.com/
must beText Size readable dark text onContrast light backgrounds http://eglobiotraining.com/
Transitions Sparing and andAnimations consistent consistent Template and minimal
Hints for a successful presentation Plan carefully Do your research Know your audience Speak comfortably and clearly
Effective PowerPoint Slides Use design templates Standardize position, colors and styles Include only necessary information Limit the information to essentials Use colors that contrast Be consistent with effects, transitions and animation Too many slides can lose your audience
Text guidelines Generally no more than 6 lines a slide Avoid long sentences Larger font indicates more important information Font size generally ranges from 18 to 48 point Be sure text contrasts with background Avoid abbreviations and acronyms
Clip Art and Graphics Should balance the slide Should enhance and complement the text, not overwhelm No more than two graphics per slide
Best Practices: Delivery Set an appropriate background Navigate slides smoothly