1. Android andAndroid Phones By: Rona Marie Angelica A. Obillo
2. Android A Linux-based operating system designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers has a large community of developers writing applications ("apps") that extend the functionality of devices, written primarily in a customized version of the Java programming language
3. Initially developed by Android, Inc., which Google backed financially andlater purchased in 2005
4. Founders of AndroidAndy Rubin Rich Miner
5. Andy Rubin the co-founder and former CEO of both Danger Inc., and Android Inc. He is currently Senior Vice President of Mobile and Digital Content at Google, where he oversees development of Android. Rubin has four patents for his inventions, and is believed to have a net worth of $100 million dollars
6. Rich Mineran investment partner on theGoogle Ventures team. Miner was a former co-founder of Android, Inc., origin of the Android mobile operatingsystem and was an executiveon the Android team after its acquisition by Google
7. Android FeaturesHandset layouts The platform is adaptable to larger, VGA, 2D graphicslibrary, 3D graphics library based on OpenGL ES 2.0specifications, and traditional smartphone layouts.Storage SQLite, a lightweight relational database, is used fordata storage purposes.Connectivity Android supports connectivity technologies includingGSM/EDGE, IDEN, CDMA, EV-DO, UMTS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi,LTE, NFC and WiMAX
9. Android FeaturesMultitasking Multitasking of applications, with unique handlingof memory allocation, is availableAccessibility Built in text to speech is provided by Talk back forpeople with low or no vision. Enhancements for peoplewith hearing disabilities is available as is other aids.Voice based features Voice actions for calling, texting, navigation, etc.are supported on Android 2.2 onwards.
10. Top 10AndroidPhones
11. 1. Samsung Galaxy SIII (T3 rating: 5/5) with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS straight out of the box 1.4GHz quad core processor an 8-Megapixel camera with LED flash a host of social networking- friendly which is fronted by a hulking 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen you can reap the benefits of speedy 4G
12. 2. HTC One X (T3 rating: 5/5) one of the best cameras you are likely to see on a smartphone has a spectacular 4.7-inch screen to show off the slick new Android update with Beats Audio thrown in
13. 3. Google Nexus 4 (T3 rating 4/5) 4.7-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1280x768 4.2 Jelly Bean Has the ability to take 360 degree photos amongst other new features Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor to take care of performance and it even packs wireless charging
14. 4. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T3 rating: 4/5)• 5.5-inch 1280x720 AMOLED display• more intuitive and accurate S- Pen• 8-Megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p shooting capability• 1.6GHz quadcore processor• 2GB of RAM can handle the Note 2s impressive multitasking prowess
15. 5. Sony Xperia S (T3 rating 4/5) iPhone-like design with a 4.3- inch screen that comes loaded with Sonys impressive Bravia screen technology 12-megapixel camera 1080p HD video recording capabilities which all runs on a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm dual- core processor
16. 6. HTC One S (T3 rating 4/5) 4.3-inch AMOLED qHD screen device features Gorilla Glass and comes in a ceramic or metal finish Powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, Beats Audio technology, the new HTC Image Chip, 16GB internal storage and like the One X, 25GB free Dropbox storage over two years
17. 7. Motorola RAZR MAXX (T3 rating 4/5) The Razr Maxx’s 3,300mAh battery gives it 17 hours 40 minutes of talk time 4.3-inch Super AMOLED, eight-meg camera 1.2GHz dualcore processor of the standard Razr
18. 8. Samsung Galaxy S2 (T3 rating 5/5) Super AMOLED screen Running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich 1.2Ghz dual-core Qualcomm processor 8-megaxpixel camera and shoots 720p and 1080p HD video
19. 9. Samsung Galaxy Nexus (T3 rating 4/5) • with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich which brings a host of new features including Face Unlock, Android Beam
20. 10. Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S (T3 rating 4/5) Upgraded with a beefier 1.4Ghz processor making it 25% faster than the previous Arcinclude Sonys 2D and 3D Sweep Panorama function
21. WidgetsPut the important stuff right within reach and interact with your favorite apps directly from your home screen with widgets — seethe latest sport scores, viewyour favorite photos, checkthe weather or peek at your inbox all without having toopen different apps or leave the home screen.
22. Notifications An easy-to-read notification tray gives you quick access to your calls, incoming texts, and new emails in a non-intrusive way.
23. Multi-tasking With Android, you can quickly and seamlessly switch between apps and pick up whatever you were doing.Juggling multiple tasks at once on a mobile device has never been easier.
24. Voice typing and actionsControl your Android device with your voice. Simply touch themicrophone on the keyboard andstart talking to write emails, SMS, or any other text — more than 30 languages supported. Text appears in real time, so there’s no waiting.
25. Photos and videosCapture special moments with great photos and videos, explore your shots and quickly share your favorites in any way that you want.