1. PREDICTORS OF THE NURSE LICENSURE EXAMINATION OF UC BANILAD BSN GRADUATES: PROPOSED REGRESSION MODEL
2. PRAYER Thank you, Lord for your guidance and love. Thank you for this opportunity to present my Thesis. Thank you for giving me these Panelists who will help me improve the study. May this work be relevant and useful. I offer this work to You.
3. INTRODUCTION Records of the Professional Regulations Commission show that the passing rate for the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination has been low since June 2003. Only 12 nursing schools had a passing rate of 90% or higher. University of Cebu (Banilad) – College of Nursing posted an average performance of 69.51 percent.
4. INTRODUCTION To maintain the quality of nursing education, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) has instituted and will push for the immediate closure of the nursing program of existing nursing schools having an average of below 30% in the board performance in the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination during the last three (3) years.
5. INTRODUCTION Nursing schools should institute measures to ensure the continued existence of the nursing program and to produce competent nursing graduates who will ably handle the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination (PNLE). An assessment on the readiness or preparedness of the student nurse for the PNLE is conducted by UC Banilad College of Nursing through Revalida Examination as well as through Mock Board Examination.
6. INTRODUCTION The researcher, an alumnus, a faculty member of the College of Nursing, and a class adviser of graduate nurses who took the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination, opted to study the predictors of the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination performance of University of Cebu (Banilad) BS Nursing graduates as a basis for proposed regression model.
7. THEORIES Anchor Theory Edward Lee Thorndike’s Law of Readiness Supporting Theories Multiple Regression Model
8. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM This study utilized predictors of the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination Performance of University of Cebu (Banilad) Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates as a basis for a regression model. Specifically, this study sought to answer the following questions:
9. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM <ul><li>What is the performance of the respondents in terms of : </li></ul><ul><li>1.1 Revalida Examination rating, </li></ul><ul><li>1.2 Mock Board Examination rating, and </li></ul><ul><li>1.3 Philippine Nurse Licensure </li></ul><ul><li>Examination rating? </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul>
10. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM 2. Is there a significant relationship among the Revalida Examination and Mock Board Examination ratings and the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination rating? 3. What regression model may be proposed in predicting the ratings in the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination?
11. FINDINGS The following were the significant findings of the study: 1. The average performance of the respondents on the Revalida Examination is 50.10 percent, 60.81 percent in the Mock Board Examinations and in the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination, average performance is 74.90.
12. FINDINGS 2. The value of correlation coefficient of 0.732 showed that there is a High Positive Correlation between the Revalida Examinations and Mock Board Examinations performance to the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examinations performance.
13. FINDINGS 3. The standardized beta coefficient for the Revalida is 0.436 while that of the Mock Board is 0.396. The standardized beta coefficient for Revalida is higher than that of the Mock Board which indicates that a large increase in Revalida performance has a greater impact on the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination performance, thus, this Regression Model is proposed:
14. CONCLUSIONS Based on the findings of the study, this Regression Model is proposed:
15. RECOMMENDATIONS Based on the findings and conclusions of this study, the following recommendations are hereby offered to improve the Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination performance of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduates of University of Cebu – Banilad, College of Nursing.
16. RECOMMENDATIONS (1) the Proposed Regression Model be used to predict Philippine Nurse Licensure Examination performance of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing graduates of University of Cebu – Banilad, College of Nursing; (2) enhance and intensify the review program to improve the Revalida examination and Mock Board examination performance;
17. RECOMMENDATIONS (3) future researchers may replicate this study to include other sets of predictor variables not used or cited in this study. Replication of this study may also be conducted in the same setting to find changes of findings and conclusions over time so as to strengthen or refute the findings of this study.