Tots Too Hot : The Good, The Bad and the Ugly of Pediatric Fever
- 611 views
Title: Tots “Too Hot!” - The Cute, The Bad and The Ugly of Pediatric Fever ...
Title: Tots “Too Hot!” - The Cute, The Bad and The Ugly of Pediatric Fever
Description: Elevated temperatures in pediatric patients are some of the most common, and often frustrating types of calls in EMS. Are the parents over-reacting? Are we under-reacting? This presentation illuminates what causes fever, how it can help or harm a child, what problems it can cause or be caused by, how to differentiate critical vs benign fever and how to prioritize care in pediatric patients with elevated temperature.
-Question and Answer
Learning Objectives: Students will learn:
- Normal and abnormal thermoregulation in pediatric patients.
- Obtaining accurate thermometry through a variety of methods.
- Differentiation of exogenous vs endogenous pyrogens.
- Differentiation of “Febrile Seizure” and “Seizure with Fever”
- Special concerns for pediatric fever including patients with sickle cell disease, poor cardiac reserves, poor respiratory function and immune-compromised or immuno-suppressed patients.
SEE MORE AT WWW.ROMDUCK.COM
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views