THEME-General questions Clockwise AntiC 10 for a correct answer Infinite Rebound Apologies for no “connect” questions.
1. Steven Spielberg originally approached this company with the idea of product placement of one of its products in his movie, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. The company declined the offer. Spielberg later approached the Hershey Chocolate Company with the idea to use Reese's Pieces instead. They agreed, and their sales tripled a week after the movie premiered. Name the company that refused the offer.
2. Designed in1934, this product was introduced the next year in a Marshall Field & Company display window. The store management thought it ludicrous to be displaying the product when the worst blizzard of the winter was hitting Chicago. They ordered the display to be removed. Before the display could be taken down, six hundred packs of the product were sold. 30,000 pairs were sold in the next 3 months and the rest is history. What?
A2 THE JOCKEY BRIEFS
4. Actors from a famous movie. What character did the short dude play?
A4 StarWars is the Movie The Character is obviously R2D2
6. The name seems to derive from Burroughs-Wellcome's 1884 trademark for their process of making compressed pharmaceuticals. The connotation was soon applied to other small things and to the "compressed' journalism that condensed stories into a simplified, easily-absorbed format. What term is being described?
7. This service designed and controlled by the United States Department of Defense can be used by anyone, free of charge. It’s referred to as NAVSTAR by the US Military. The service is divided into three segments: space, control and user & has a maintenance cost of approximately US$400 million per year. What is being referred to in this context?
9.ID. Creators of?
10. This object being described has different interpretations and is worn by a famous cricketer. An anti glare worn for protection from sun's rays, a sponsorship gimmick, an alternative to sun shades etc etc.
A10 THE STICKERS WORN BY SHIVNARINE CHANDERPAUL UNDER HIS EYES
11. The title of this movie was made famous by one Al Dvorin, a concert announcer who traveled with a certain performer throughout his careerLater baseball commentators started picking up the same phrase to describe a home run hit into the standsWhat be the phrase?
A11 Elvis Has Left The Building
12. This was a former mascot for a particular food brand. Name the Brand.
A12 McDonalds The Mascot was called Speedee
13. WHAT DO THESE LINES SIGNIFY? WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED?
A13 These are the Tropic Of Cancer lines which pass through Madhya Pradesh in India.
14. With which organisation would you associate this flag?
15. Where the people meet the people”. Where would you find this line?
16. Identify the People and the Connect between them.
A16 Brenda Schultz Andy Roddick Hold the record for fastest serve
17. Identify the link between the following countries. 1. SAMOA2. PALAU3. SOLOMON ISLANDS4. KIRIBATI5. FEDERATED STATES OF MICRONESIA6. TUVALU7. VANUATU8. NORTH KOREA.
A17 Non members of INTERPOL
18. This patented invention saw its first commercial use in Chillicothe, Missouri…… and gave rise to a fairly popular hyperbole.Which one?
A18 Best thing since sliced bread!
19. What am I talking about1. An INTEL pentium MMX processon powers this. The Software was written by Walt Woltosz.3. It comes along with a voice synthesizer and a wireless remote control for entertainment systems..
A19 STEPHEN HAWKING'S CHAIR
20. Students of the Academy could choose to graduate with a degree in B.A (Babe Attractor), M.B.A (Major Babe Attractor), PHD (Promoter of Huge Desire) or an M.B.B.S (Magnet for Beautiful Babes). Subjects offered at the Academy were Hottieculture, Lasstronomy, Libidology and Chillosophy to name a few. The subjects were divided into 3 semesters and students had to read up on all the subjects and give the exams which were conducted on the website itself. Name the Academy.
A20 Axe Academy
21. MarutiUdyog was the brainchild of Sanjay Gandhi. Initially the opposition didn’t let Mrs. Gandhi go on with the project. Arunshourie called the project by a certain name in the press basically meaning a child crying for food. What did he call it as?
A21 MaaRoti Do
22. Who are called Scarlett Collared Workers?
A22 Womenwhooperate Porn .Sites
23 Hypoglycemia, dehydration, acetaldehyde intoxication, and vitamin B12 deficiency are all theorized causes of symptoms. It may last up to two or three days.The term was originally a 19th century expression describing unfinished business—something left over from a meeting—or ‘survival.’ In 1904, the meaning that we now associate first surfaced.Dehydration, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, weakness, elevated body temperature, hypersalivation, difficulty concentrating, sweating, anxiety, irritability, sensitivity to light and noise, erratic motor functions (including tremor), trouble sleeping, severe hunger, and lack of depth perception are the visible symptoms. Ther no "proven-remedies" though many have their insightful opinions on it. What am I talking about??
24. This company was founded in 1937 by ShriGangabisanjiAgrawal .The motto of the company is : “Superior Input Superior Output”. The company is also starting an amusement park in the near future. Which company?
25. This Company was founded in 1965 by Fred DeLuca and Dr. Peter Buck as Pete’s Subs. Later this name was changed to the current name. Jared Fogle, a young man lost 245 pounds by consuming this company’s products.. Name this Company.
26 Which musical and the adaptated movie have its title inspired from the above painting. Also identify the painter.
A26 The Fiddler on the roof
27. Leon Trotsky's last testament. While in exile in Mexico, knowing he was soon to be assassinated by Stalin's agents, he saw his wife in the garden and wrote:Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. ____ __ _________. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.Which movie derives it title from whatever fills up the blanks in the above passage?
A27 Life Is Beautiful
28. Once in a question and answer session in Syracuse University, this was how she was defined: "She is not a person or an embodiment, but is an aspirational client envisioned for the brand. She is in her late 20s, has lived in Europe, has a job, and is very fashionable. She is a woman, not a girl, is somewhat worldly and is interested in traveling".Who?
A28 The Victoria's Secret Angels
A29 AmitabhBachchan from his upcoming 'Pa'
A30 Mission Insignia of various "Apollo" missions
31.ID Identify the group.
A31 Rage Against the Machine
32. Its first product was “FarineLactée”in 1867Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company in 1905its first investment in India in Moga in 1961It holds 26.4% of the shares of L'Oréal.which company?
A33 Rakesh Sharma George Orwell Connect-1984 George orwells Famous novel is 1984 and Rakeshsharma( the first indian to go to space) went to space in the year 1984
A34 Tagore’s Birthday
35.Inspiration What did this pic inspire..??
A35 Eddie, the metal head. The Iron maiden logo and mascot. This pic is said to have inspired it.
A36 Space suit of Laika, the first (dog) astronaut in space
37. The use of the words "hell" or "damn" except when their use "shall be essential and required for portrayal, in proper historical context, of any scene or dialogue based upon historical fact or folklore … or a quotation from a literary work, provided that no such use shall be permitted which is intrinsically objectionable or offends good taste." With that amendment, the Production Code Administration had no further objection to Rhett's closing line. What??
A38 The Gone with the wind dialogue "Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn"
39. What is his claim to fame?
A39 Stuart Robertson T20 Cricket
40.? What was the tagline?
A40 Vodafone. We cant follow you everywhere..campaign against talking on phone while driving
41. Slumdog referring to the Indian children living in slums lost and so did "Jai Ho"-an Indian exclamation signifying victory or accomplishment. The losers list also includes "Chaddi"=the Indian term for underwear, "cloud computing", "carbon neutral" and "NOOb" a derogatory term from the gaming community for a newcomer.If these were the losers then who won and what was the list about??
A41 The winner is the word web 2.0 and it was recently crowned the millionth word in the english dictionary
42. X's creators hope that it will evoke neither a type of cherry nor a strip club on The Sopranos TV series but rather a sound — the ringing of a bell that signals the “aha” moment when one finds an answer.The name is meant to conjure “the sound of found” as X helps people with complex tasks like shopping for a camera,travel plans etc. Identify X!!
A42 Bing - Microsoft's new search engine
43. “I think it is timeless because it's about making love in the summertime. There is a slight misconception it's about a year, but it's not. It has nothing to do about a year , it has to do with a sexual position.” Who says this? And in what context?
A43 Bryan Adams in regard to his song “Summer of 69”. The validity of the claim can be verified from the fact that the lyric at the end says "It's me and my baby in a 69."
44. Dr. Harry Coover said 'If somebody had a chest wound or open wound that was bleeding, the biggest problem they had was stopping the bleeding so they could get the patient back to the hospital. And the consequence was—many of them bled to death. So the medics used the spray, stopped the bleeding, and were able to get the wounded back to the base hospital. And many, many lives were saved.' It was used in the Vietnam War. What was he talking about?
A44 Super Glue.
45. The ads featured a bunny made by RamdasPadhye and AparnaRamdas. The bunny was long eared and jumped on the screen extolling X, "eh he he". The voice over in the ad is that of Ramdas himself, he is renowned as India’s leading ventriloquist and this ad made him a household name in India. Name the brand for which this ad was created??
46. X is a procedural defense (and, in many countries such as the United States, Canada, Mexico and India, a constitutional right) that forbids a defendant from being tried twice for the same crime on the same set of facts.If the defendant succesfully proves that he has been acquitted or convicted of the same offense then the projected trial has to be prevented from proceeding.X has been used as a plot many a times in movies as well as in fiction , notably crime thrillers.Ahollywood movie of the same name was released in 1999 starring Ashley Judd.Identify X?
A46 Double Jeopardy
47. X is a discipline and school of thought discussing the mystical aspect of Judaism. It is a set of esoteric teachings that are meant to explain the relationship between an infinite, eternal and essentially unknowable Creator with the finite and mortal universe of His creation. In solving this paradox, X seeks to define the nature of the universe and the human being, the nature and purpose of existence, and various other ontological questions. It also presents methods to aid understanding of these concepts and to thereby attain spiritual realization. X originally developed entirely within the milieu of Jewish thought and constantly uses classical Jewish sources to explain, demonstrate, or prove its esoteric teachings.The literal translation of X in Hebrew language means "Receiving".Identify X?
48. The origins of this term trace back to the early days of radio broadcasts when programmes were broadcast at time slots when housewives were available to listen. P&G, Colgate-Palmolive and Lever Brothers have contributed significantly to the origin of this popular term. Identify.
A48 Soap Opera
49. The Japanese word is usually translated as "divine wind". The word originated as the name of major typhoons in 1274 and 1281, which dispersed Mongolian invasions fleets. What am I talking about?
A50 Injustice league.
51. IN late 2004, UK’s Total Film Magazine announced the results of their Best Movie Villain 2004 poll, where 10,000 movie fans voted and an unusual No.1 was chosen. Who?
A51 George W. Bush for his role in Fahrenheit 9/11
52. The name of the band D12 is short for the Dirty Dozen, but the band has only six members. What's the funda?
A52 Each fella has 2 personalities - one his original personality and the other is the slim-shady side of him.
53. He died on 25th Dec, 1977 in Vevey, Switzerland. On March 1,1978 his corpse was stolen by some Swiss mechanics, who wanted to extort money from his family. The robbers were arrested later, and his retrieved corpse was reburried under 2 m of concrete to prevent further attempts.
A53 Charlie Chaplin
54. ShabtaiZiselbenAvraham was born on May 24, 1941 in Duluth, Minnesota and was raised later at Hibbings, MN. He formed The Golden Chords band in High School, and in 1959 he joined the University of Minnesota. He changed his name later in tribute to his favorite poet. His first album produced by John Hammond, sold only 5000 copies in 1962, and it was nicknamed as "Hammond's Folly". His latest album is Together Through Life. Chronicles: Volume 1 is the first part of his 3 series planned memoir.
A54 Bob Dylan
55.Name the advertiser
A55 Toyota Tagline was –Fake Parts Can kill
56. The origin of the name X is unclear -- as with so many maritime symbols. It may have come from "Old Roger" which was slang for the devil. It may have come from the french for "red beauty" or joli rouge which likely referred to red flags (symbolizing blood) used by feared privateers in the 1700s. No matter its origin, however, its intent was clear: it was an intimidating signal to all who could see it.Give me X.
A56 The skull and bones symbol
57. The theme song of this Indian Club in its local language stresses on the three basic fundamentals of a sport and team work to reach the desired goal i.e." work-fight-win.
58. What happened?
A58 LYNDON JOHNSON TAKING THE OATH AFTER KENNEDY'S ASSASINATION ON AIR FORCE ONE
A59 KironKher She suggested the title for the movie DilwaleDulhania Le Jayenge,In October 2004 she made a guest appearance along with her husband, in the American TV series ER playing ParminderNagra's mother, Mrs. Rasgotra, in episode Damaged (Season 11).She won the Filmfare award for the Best Supporting Actress for her work in Rang De Basanti.
60. Major Shaitan Singh Bhagat, Commander of the 'C' Company of 13 Kumaon, led 123 Kumaonis and defended the post of Rezangla in the 1962 Indo-China war. In this battle, 109 Kumaonis died but took more than 800 Chinese with them. Major Bhagat was posthumously awarded the Param Veer Chakra for his heroics. Which moving-to-tears song was inspired by this incident ?