Partos IATI programme
2 years, funded by MFA
– Mid 2013 - mid 2015
Knowledge at board level
– Importance of IATI for MFA, Partos and
– Commitment, plan, published data
Forming, storming, norming, performing
– First 25 NGOs started October
– Series of workshops
– Peer groups
– Help desk, coordination
– Access to a pool of expertise
Goal: embed “open” in the organisation
Forming → Storming
Opening your organisation
Storming → Norming
AidStream / Spreadsheet / Pluriform / …?
IATI for Financials; IATI for …?
Using the data
Why start with IATI?
It's about organisational change
– Start from use cases and benefits
– Integrate in workflows and systems
– Drives quality improvements
Questions of NGOs
– Cost, privacy and security, will it be mandatory?
IATI standard and fields not really an issue, but:
– But better documentation and guidelines needed (e.g. which
organisation is the funder?)
– And better quality data (e.g. identifiers)
Pilot: Sharing results in IATI
– Conversation with stakeholders
– Exploring needs and benefits
Practice: Sharing within one consortium
– Adding more identifiers to enable linking
– Working with existing tools and indicators
Research: Replacing reporting requirements
– Current reporting not “actionable”
– How to include useful indicators
– How to offer freedom in choosing indicators
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.