1. INVITATIONIs This the Endof Marketing asWe Know It? SMICS 2012 Social Media Marketing iCommerce SummitSocial Intelligence July 10 + 11, 2012 Amsterdam
2. Welcome to a New Worldof Marketing One small step for your brand, one giant leap for your company’s success. Discover how social media is heralding a new era in marketing.  Discover at ﬁrst hand how marketing is becoming a service and how you can already enjoy the beneﬁts of this today. The future of marketing starts here! At SMICS 2012!
3. AGENDA Day 1: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10.14 - 10.30 Welcome – Conny Czymoch, moderator and anchorwoman of Phoenix TV 10.30 - 11.00 Social-Local-Mobile – How Data Is Changing Everything – Karl-Heinz Land, Chief Evangelist & Senior Vice President Social iCommerce, MicroStrategy 11.00 - 11.45 The End of Business as Usual and the Beginning of a New Era of Relevance – Brian Solis, Author and Principal Analyst Altimeter Group 11.45 - 12.15 Welcome to the real business: Management, Utilization and Integration of Social Media for Businesses – Prof. Peter Gentsch, Chief Analyst, Business Intelligence Group 12.15 - 13.15 Lunch and networkingPlaytime Is Over – How to Beneﬁt from 13.15 - 14.00 The Mobile Wave and the Impact on Our Businesses – Michael J. Saylor, CEO, MicroStrategy 14.00 - 14.45 Best Practice: 0 or 1 – Winners & Losers in a Digital World – Scott Galloway, CEO, L2 Think TankSocial, Local and Mobile Trends (SoLoMo) 14.45 - 15.15 Coffee and networking 15.15 - 16.00 FC Barcelona – Best Practice in Sports Marketing, Merchandising and Facebook Commerce – Fernando Gonzalez, Senior Director Social Intelligence, MicroStrategy The question is not whether or not Come and join us on July 10 + 11 at 16.00 - 16.40 Industry Cases – Best Practice TED-Style Presentation: Dennis Wedderkop (Vodafone/EOL), Did you know? to implement social media into your SMICS 2012 in Amsterdam to meet and Michael Buck (DELL), Peter Mann (CDS/ UK Army), Ulf Valentin (HRS) business strategy, the question is how discuss with some of the most skilled 16.40 - 17.40 Panel Discussion: Brian Solis (Altimeter Group), Scott Galloway (L2), Prof. Peter Gentsch (Business “Black Friday“ revenue on well you will do so. and experienced professionals in the mobile grew from 1% in 2010 Intelligence Group), Dennis Wedderkop (Vodafone/EOL), Michael J. Saylor (MicroStrategy), Michael Buck industry. I really do hope to see you to 17% in 2011. (DELL), Peter Mann (CDS/UK Army), Ulf Valentin (HRS), presenter: Karl-Heinz Land After a successful SMICS event in 2011 there. 80% of the global population we are again hosting Europe’s unique 17.40 - 18.15 Visionary Keynote: Social TV – The End of Television as We Know It? – is mobile. Social Media Marketing and iCommerce Marco Seiler, CEO & founder of SYZYGY, and Ralf Rottmann, CTO & Managing Partner at GrandCentrix Vodafone‘s Facebook fans lead Summit to help you to kick off your 21.00 MicroStrategy World 2012 Amsterdam Conference Party to 200% higher revenue than corporate social media strategy NOW. the average customer. Consumers are more than 50% You will meet visionaries and thought Karl-Heinz Land Chief Evangelist & Day 2: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 more likely to buy from businesses they follow in social leaders as well as practitioners who Senior Vice President Social iCommerce share their experiences on how to 08.16 - 09.00 Breakfast Session: Social Network User Data – Legal Dos and Don’ts – media. monetize social media. We will present Stefan C. Schicker, LL.M., Law Professional, SKW Schwarz RechtsanwälteSocial Media is not an evolution for exclusive industry case studies and are 09.00 - 09.45 Big Ideas and Brand Building: Storytelling in a Completely New Context – Andreas Trautmann,marketing and sales. It’s a revolution. We happy to discuss your speciﬁc questions CEO McCann Worldgroup, and Matias Palm Jensen, Chief Innovation Ofﬁcer, McCann-Erickson Europeall know the massive numbers around regarding social media, Facebook fan 09.45 - 10.30 Standing Up and Standing Out – Martha Rogers, Author and Founding Partner of Peppers & RogersFacebook’s ever-growing usage, but the analytics and segmentation. 10.30 - 11.00 Coffee and networkingchallenge is now to turn conversationsinto business. Alongside the visionaries, we have some 11.00 - 11.15 The NEXT Survey – Effective Strategies for a Social Media World – On average, Dr. Alexander Rossmann, Research Associate, Institute of Marketing, University of St. Gallen of the world’s leading social media Americans spent approx. 11.15 - 11.45 Marketing as a Service: Privacy and One-to-One Solutions – Two Sides of the Same Coin –Your fans do not necessarily want marketers joining us, so at the sameto see ads; they want valuable andpersonalized content, including offers event you’ll be able to see state-of-the art developments that will help you $575 on mobile purchases 11.45 - 12.30 Prof. Dr. Ralf T. Kreutzer, Berlin School of Economics and Law 5 Steps to Success – How to Integrate Facebook Data –and a VIP experience. turn social media from a cost to a proﬁt Roland Fiege, Senior Director of Social Media, MicroStrategy center. in 2012. 12.30 - 13.15 Panel Discussion: Stefan C. Schicker, Andreas Trautmann (McCann Worldgroup), Martha RogersOnly if you know your customers well L2 Think Tank (Peppers & Rogers), Dr. Alexander Rossmann (University of St. Gallen), Prof. Dr. Ralf T. Kreutzercan you deliver relevant offers, and only (Berlin School of Economics and Law), Roland Fiege (MicroStrategy), presenter: Karl-Heinz Landif your customers trust you will they 13.15 - 14.15 Lunch and networkingengage with your business. 14.15 - 15.30 Workshops 14.15 - 18.00 Social Media Excellence Circle (SME ) + Thursday 12.07. 09.00 - 13.00
4. 6 DAY 1 DAY 1 7 10.30 - 11.00 Social-Local-Mobile – 11.00 - 11.45 The End of Business as How Data Is Changing Everything Usual and the Beginning of a New Era of Karl-Heinz Land, Chief Evangelist & Senior Vice President Social iCommerce, MicroStrategy Relevance Brian Solis, Author and Principal Analyst at Altimeter Group The mobile and social wave is soon to whereabouts, buying habits and social become the major hub for all marketing inﬂuence. The ideas of mobile and social In Brians new book, he outlines the their expectations, and how it differs activities. The customer was always marketing, just like many new marketing rising threat of Digital Darwinism, the from traditional consumers of the past. king, but now he also behaves like strategies, are based on the principle phenomenon that affects organizations He reviews disruptive technology,Karl-Heinz Land is Chief Evangelist & one. Customers are independent and of service rather than on advertising / Brian Solis is Principal Analyst when technology and society evolve innovative business models, and newSenior Vice President Social tell you what they like and what they broadcasting. Mobile marketing is not at Altimeter Group, and globally faster than the ability to adapt. Its more opportunities. He also demonstratesiCommerce of MicroStrategy, with a don’t. Marketing now has the chance just another channel for ads – it is an recognized as one of the most than social media. Its the conﬂuence best practices and methodologies to25-year history as an entrepreneur to become a concierge service. In order entirely new platform that offers a host prominent thought leaders and of disruptive technology and the align the organization with a commonand manager in the IT industry. for this to happen the consumer will of enhanced opportunities to boost published authors in new media. evolution of consumer behavior. Brian and meaningful vision and strategy, and realize that privacy and service go hand sales, raise awareness, and improve depicts how leadership can survive shared objectives.MicroStrategy, a global leader in in hand. It will be obvious that privacy customers interactions and trust in their Altimeter Group is a research-based Digital Darwinism by understandingbusiness intelligence technology, and service are two sides of the same brands. “Markets are conversations“ – advisory ﬁrm, formed in June 2008 customer and employee behavior,provides integrated reporting, coin. The mobile wave is changing the The Cluetrain Manifesto. by Charlene Li, and offers pragmaticanalysis, and monitoring software face of marketing as we know it with strategies to help companies thrivethat helps leading organizations make customers providing hundreds of pieces with disruptive technologies. Altimeter of data every day about their interests, Social Intelligencebetter business decisions every day. was named by Fast Company as one of “The Five Most Creative Small Businesses in 2010." 4,6b. co M omi lat be ting m ob ng fo c pu ile th rm SMARTPHONE USERS WORLDWIDE de e u fo vi ni r th p ce ve e s a rs w re al orl % ,5 00 +4 d 835m. 102m. Source: Kleiner Perkins Cauﬁeld Byers, 2007 2011 2015 Internet Trends, Oct. 2011 IT‘S A NEW ERA OF BUSINESS AND CONSUMERISM – ll pl wi peo ay e AND YOU PLAY A ROLE IN DEFINING IT e d ar at to tw th h “To be successful in business, you need to see what others don’t. Start with of ing ouc s h t ile yt d this book. Someone’s going to do it, why not you?” ob ver y an M e rr e a ac c MARK CUBAN OWNER OF THE DALLAS MAVERICKS AND CHAIRMAN OF HDNET “Markets are pl ite, re wr Replaced by mobile software “Innovation has always changed the business landscape. People expect to conversations.“ access information anywhere, anytime, and on any device. Collaborative, cloud and video technologies are leading this change. As Mr. Solis correctly The Cluetrain Manifesto writes, companies have to lead this change, not follow.” JOHN CHAMBERS CEO OF CISCO SYSTEMS, INC.
5. 8 DAY 1 DAY 1 9 11.45 - 12.15 Welcome to the real 14.00 - 14.45 Best Practice: 0 or 1 – Business: Management, Utilization and Winners & Losers in a Digital World Integration of Social Media for Businesses Scott Galloway, CEO L2 Think Tank Prof. Peter Gentsch, Chief Analyst, Business Intelligence Group It‘s never been easier to be a billionaire Depending on their maturity level and the desired social media impact, companies or harder to be a millionaire as a digital have to manage digital media professionally in order to unleash their social ecosystem fosters a “winner takes LARGEST FACEBOOKProf. Dr. Peter Gentsch is CEO and value. That implies the integration of social media into business processes and all“ environment. Professor Galloway FAN BASE April 17, 2012Founder of the Business Intelligence infrastructures. Social media intelligence and social media governance become key Scott Galloway is a Clinical Professor will explore key trends in mediaGroup and Social Media Excellence drivers for digital excellence and leadership. This process can be supported by the of Marketing at NYU Stern School of consumption, demographics, emerging(SME) circle in cooperation with Social Media Excellence Model that provides measurements and metrics as well as Business and founder of L2, a think platforms and their cumulative effect #1: FACEBOOKassociated companies like Audi, industry benchmarks. tank for digital innovation. of business. Speciﬁcally, who beneﬁts 65,150,282 LikesBMW, Coca-Cola or DELL. from the shift and who is on the wrong L2 Digital IQ Index® reports provide side of this tectonic shift (i.e., the losers)? #2: COCA-COLA 41,324,862 Likes brands with a benchmark to measure digital competence against peers. #3: DISNEY Developed by L2 founder and NYU 34,990,901 Likes Stern Professor Scott Galloway, #4: MTV 13.15 - 14.00 The Mobile Wave and the the Digital IQ is a robust tool that rates brands with reference to over 33,291,392 Likes Impact on Our Businesses 350 quantitative and qualitative #5: STARBUCKS 29,621,518 Likes data points, diagnosing their digital Michael J. Saylor, CEO MicroStrategy strengths and weaknesses. #6: CONVERSE 28,427,426 Likes The mobile wave argues that the an appendage of the human being and changes brought by mobile computing an essential tool for modern life. #7: RED BULL are so profound and widespread that Products, businesses, industries, 27,822,896 Likes it’s impossible for us to see it all, even economies and even society will be 1 in 4 Gen Y members checks #8: MCDONALD‘SMichael J. Saylor is CEO, founder though we are all immersed in it. Saylor explains that the current generation altered forever as the mobile wave washes over us and changes the their Facebook status before 18,722,751 Likesand President of MicroStrategyInc. He is widely respected as a of mobile smartphones and tablet computers has set the stage to become landscape. In view of so much change this keynote is a guide for business they get out of bed, on their #9: VICTORIA‘S SECRET 18,356,020 Likesvisionary speaker, and has foundedan educational charity. the universal computing platform for the leaders who must navigate the new phone. #10: MONSTER ENERGY world. In the hands of billions of people terrain as mobile intelligence changes Scott Galloway 15,444,521 Likes and accessible anywhere and anytime, everything. mobile computers are poised to become Social Intelligence Gen Y members are twice as likely to have checked their Facebook status in last 24 hours than to have 89% of Disney watched television. Facebook fans are BIG DATA CLOUD SOCIAL MOBILE outdoor enthusiasts, Global data is In 2012 the volume 30 billion pieces of 80% of the global Scott Galloway 82% parents of projected to grow of digital content content are shared population is young kids, 31% 40% per year. will grow to 2.7 zettabytes. on Facebook every mobile. budget shopper. McKinsey month. Morgan Stanley digg digg wisdom.com
6. 10 DAY 1 DAY 1 11 15.15 - 16.00 FC Barcelona – Best Practice in Sports Marketing, Merchandising and Facebook Commerce PANEL DISCUSSION 16.40 - 17.40 Panel Discussion Brian Solis (Altimeter Group), Scott Galloway (L2), Prof. Peter Gentsch (Business Intelligence Group), Dennis Wedderkop (Vodafone/EOL), Michael J. Saylor (MicroStrategy), Michael Buck (DELL), Peter Mann (CDS/ UK Army), Ulf Valentin Fernando Gonzalez, Senior Director Social Intelligence, MicroStrategy (HRS), presenter: Karl-Heinz Land MicroStrategy is transforming the sports industry through technological innovation Our open panel gives you a unique opportunity to discuss your thoughts and in social media via its Social Intelligence offering, and speciﬁcally Alert. Find out questions with the most experienced experts in EMEA. how global sports brands such as FC Barcelona are leveraging higher levels of Fernando Gonzalez leads the engagement with their fans, achieving much more relevant conversation with fans in customer boarding and engagement every corner of the world, and capitalizing on the largest fan base of any sports brand activities worldwide as part of the on Facebook. Alert is providing FC Barcelona with a multi-touch content distribution MicroStrategy Social Intelligence platform to share not only exclusive content, news and events with their fans, but business. He has been with also provide a highly personalized and effective storefront to interact with them. MicroStrategy since 1999 performing several functions on the technology, Social Intelligence consulting, mid-market sales and OEM/channels. 17.40 - 18.15 Visionary Keynote: Social TV – The End of Television as We Know It? Marco Seiler, CEO & founder of SYZYGY, and Ralf Rottmann, CTO at GrandCentrix The notion of Web/TV convergence has evolved into numerous approaches all over the world. Already close to 50% are tweeting, texting, facebooking and online shopping whilst watching TV – the ﬁrst screen is becoming a background noise device. Social TV merges the social media phenomenon with television, opening up countless of new marketing formats. Social TV incorporates the user’s personal Marco Seiler is CEO & founder of the interests, their social graph and current mood to create a new, personalized and digital marketing agency SYZYGY. interactive TV experience. Experience the CEOs of SYZYGY and GrandCentrix and 16.00 - 16.40 Industry Cases – witness the awesome potential of social TV, combining the strengths of the big screen Best Practice TED-Style Presentation with the interactivity of the Web. Dennis Wedderkop (Vodafone/EOL), Michael Buck (DELL), Peter Mann (CDS/UK Army), Ulf Valentin (HRS) In our TED-style best practices, leading digital strategists from companies such as DELL, Vodafone, the UK Army and HRS will provide you with insightful ﬁrst-hand Th IPT of e Vo IPTV pr v information about where companies stand today and their current social media og er re th strategies. ss e iv co e im min po g y rta ea nc rs e TV 2015
7. 12 DAY 2 DAY 2 13 08.15 - 09.00 Breakfast Session: Social 09.45 - 10.30 Standing Up and Network User Data – Legal Dos and Don’ts Standing Out Stefan C. Schicker, LL.M., Law Professional, SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte Martha Rogers, Ph.D., Author and Founding Partner of Peppers & Rogers Group The collection of user data is one of the central areas of interest in the new forms What does social networking really mean for your company and your brand? If the of marketing. However, the data protection laws can often be hurdles that have to messages your customers hear about you come mostly from you, then advertising be overcome. Not only because they are enforced by authorities and competitors, rules. But now that customers communicate with each other, more and more, its but also because the protection of privacy is a vital element in communication with the customer experience that counts. As transparency has become inevitable and customers. complete, and all our customers can know essentially everything about all product Stefan C. Schicker, LL.M., is Partner Martha Rogers, Ph.D., is the offerings and pricing, how do we compete? at the independent German law Founding Partner of Peppers & ﬁrm SKW Schwarz Rechtsanwälte Rogers Group and Adjunct Professor in Germany, specializing in legal at Duke University. e-commerce, marketing and trademark issues. t eﬁ en ? b y he ilit s t tab i s 09.00 - 09.45 Big Ideas and Brand t ha tru “Trust is W of Building: Storytelling in a Completely becoming the TRUST New Context New Currency.“ SERVICE Andreas Trautmann, CEO, McCann Worldgroup Germany, and Karl-Heinz Land Matias Palm Jensen, Chief Innovation Ofﬁcer, McCann-Erickson Europe Your customer Your company In todays marketing landscape it has become much harder for marketers to cut through with their messages and to gain, keep and manage meaningful relationships Andreas Trautmann, with their customers. All of a sudden the customer has gained the power to manage CEO, McCann Worldgroup Germany his or her relationships with brands. The need to create the most relevant, engaging and exiting ideas and content for our brands has never been greater. Social media Matias Palm Jensen, data can provide us with an excellent base for unexpected truth and smart insights. Chief Innovation Officer, McCann- Erickson Europe and founder of Swedish digital agency Farfar. “EXTREME TRUST: Honesty as a Competitive Advantage” W cus igi by Don Peppers and Martha Rogers, Ph.D. isd to tal om me str re r in ate d ve sig gi How companies can stay competitive in a world of total transparency al h sts s v ts “The customer In the age of the Web, smartphones and social networks, every action an organization al for ua bl takes can be exposed and critizised in real time. If you treat one customer unfairly, e was always king, or try to gouge one price, the whole world may ﬁnd out in minutes, thanks to outlets but now he wants like Twitter, Yelp and Epinions. to be treated Don Peppers and Martha Rogers argue that the only sane response to these rising like one.” levels of transparency is to protect the interests of customers proactively, before they have a chance to spread negative buzz.
8. 14 DAY 2 DAY 2 15 11.00 - 11.15 The NEXT Survey – 11.15 - 11.45 Marketing as a Service: Effective Strategies for a Social Media Privacy and One-to-One Solutions – World Two Sides of the Same Coin   Dr. Alexander Rossmann, Research Associate, Institute of Marketing, Prof. Dr. Ralf T. Kreutzer, Berlin School of Economics and Law University of St. Gallen In recent years, scientists and business executives have invested heavily in exploring The expectations of customers are constantly increasing. How can a company ﬁnd the role of social media in theory and practice. Nevertheless, recent studies of the out which expectations from which target group it has to fulﬁll? The name of the social media experience in Europe report growing disillusionment and frustration. game: value-oriented customer management. The key resource for calculating the Dr. Alexander Rossmann is Project Effective strategies for a social media world require strong integration into the core Prof. Dr. Ralf T. Kreutzer, Berlin customer value is the customer him- or herself. The acquisition of these data is a Director at the Institute of Marketing, business processes of a ﬁrm; but even more critical is devising a compelling value School of Economics and Law. One of key challenge for companies. And the necessary precondition to get access to it is University of St. Gallen. Prior to proposition for users. In short, creating a differentiating social media strategy is no the leading experts in 1 to 1 marketing to understand marketing more as a service – and not as a concept to “manipulate“ this, he was Managing Director of trivial matter. on the data privacy paradigm shift. the customers. A new philosophy of marketing is required. a leading consultancy ﬁrm for ten Dr. Rossmann presents the three-step approach and ﬁrst results of the NEXT years. His expertise covers relevant Corporate Communication Survey. This talk will provide unique insights into the issues of social media research, dynamic interaction between a) the corporate business model, b) effective social word-of-mouth communication, and media strategies, and c) added value for corporations and users. relationship marketing. wh THERE ARE ... er e Fa you al ce r c l More than 900m. people on bo us ok tom Facebook, each connected to: The key is to have is er an easy-to-use, sa reA Marketing Manager’s Dream ﬂexible platform 130 other people for collecting 10 favorite brandsCome True! and using data. & companies 80 communities,Waste circulation is a thing of the past. Today it’s all about Wisdom – booz&co. groups & eventsa revolutionary tool for market research and media planning. Neverbefore have you known your target group so well! etEnriched information about your app users: Ig n s? ca fan Identify demographics and common interests, n atio ook understand personalities rm ceb fo in y Fa Wisdom automatically groups people into ch m hi psychographic segments W from Ready-to-use dashboards Interests Proﬁle Essential tool for every marketer to better understand Page Likes Demographics their customers Network Activities Friends BehaviorWisdom is powered by the knowledgeof millions of users. You to n’t haves – do ve u belie look folr ! f Download the free yourse Wisdom version right now: www.wisdom.com
9. 16 DAY 2 DAY 2 17 11.45 - 12.30 5 Steps to Success – 14.15 - 15.30 MicroStrategy Social Workshops 11.07. 14.15 - 18.00 12.07. 09.00 - 13.00 How to Integrate Facebook Data Roland Fiege, Senior Director of Social Media, MicroStrategy Track 1 Track 2 Track 3 Track 4 “Who of our Facebook fans are our BUSINESS MODEL customers?", “How can we integrate FOR AGENCIES Facebook data with our customer Top-Liked sports insights data warehouse?“. We have the The business model for Find out how Alert helps to Learn how you can you use The Social Media Excellence answers and a ﬁve step process to solve player of ADIDAS advertising and marketing increase fan engagement Wisdom to gain advanced Circle, an invitation-only Roland Fiege, author of "Social Media Balanced Scorecard" and Senior these challenges. Facebook fans: agencies is changing and monetize your fan base Facebook data analytics and marketing executive event, Director of Social Media Technology, Fernando Torres, rapidly. Arbitrage models with highly personalized deep segmentation based on will meet at SMICS 2012 are being replaced by interactions, special offers, your fans interests, activities, with the intention to jointly lectures on subjects relating to Social Intelligence ofﬁcially sponsored programmatic, real-time and recommendations that places and recent milestones. develop solutions to central social media strategy development, monitoring and analytics. by Nike. b id d i n g m e c h a ni s m s , are driven by deep fan insight issues and problems related Wisdom.com and performance-based and segmentation. to social media. The Social campaigns are on the rise. Media Excellence Circle will This workshop looks at the take place on July 11 from value creation opportunities 14.15 - 18.00 and on July 12PANEL 12.30 - 13.15 Panel Discussion in social media from an from 9.00 - 13.00 agencys perspective. Apply here: www.social- Panel Discussion: Stefan C. Schicker, Andreas Trautmann (UM), Martha Rogers media-excellence.com (Peppers & Rogers), Dr. Alexander Rossmann (University of St. Gallen),DISCUSSION Prof. Dr. Ralf T. Kreutzer (Berlin School of Economics and Law), Roland Fiege (MicroStrategy), presenter: Karl-Heinz Land In this open panel discussion leading visionaries and thinkers will share their experiences and give valuable insights about the future of social media. Your favorite Facebook pages in one place – clear, customizable and convenient Organize the Facebook pages you like according to your interests and passions Be the first to know about the latest news, The Social Media Excellence Circle events and offers View photos, play music, watch videos and An initiative established by the Business Intelligence Group with the aim of providing share favorites with friends social media user companies with a platform for exchanging experiences. The Social Media Excellence circle meets quarterly, always with the intention to consistently and jointly develop solutions for central issues and problems related to social media. The SME circle develops and provides social media process and maturity models, measurements and metrics as well as industry benchmarks. The Social Media Excellence (SME) circle is associated with companies such as Audi, BASF, BMW, Bosch, Coca-Cola, Dell, DHL, Henkel, Lufthansa, Microsoft, Telefonica, 3M. If you are interested in joining SME apply here: www.social-media-excellence.com Download at www.alert.com
10. 18 Literature Literature 19 Facebook Marketing for Dummies Managing Customer Relationships: Paul Dunay, Richard Krueger A Strategic Framework Facebook boasts an extremely devoted user base, with more than 65 billion page Don Peppers, Martha Rogers visits per month. With Facebook, an organization can market and promote their Customer relationship management is critical to a company’s long-term proﬁtability. brand, products, or services via the networks built-in components of proﬁle pages, Being more customer-focused calls for an understanding of how to build proﬁtable polls, community building, advertising, word-of-mouth marketing, and business customer relationships and make managerial decisions that will increase the value of applications. This insightful resource focuses on the strategies, tactics, and techniques a company by growing the customer base. The goal is to build long-term relationships, necessary to lead your organization into the world of Facebook marketing. Packed improve customer loyalty and generate higher margins. In this book, Don Peppers with vital real-world case studies, the book serves as a must-have guide for the most and Martha Rogers, who coined the term “one-to-one marketing” and initiated a reliable, responsible, and ethical business and marketing practices with Facebook. customer relationship revolution in 1993, explain how to keep customers coming back for years to come. “Managing Customer Relationships” offers a logical overview of the background, methodology and particulars of managing customer relationships for a competitive advantage. It features many of the principles of individualized customer relationships that the authors are best known for and examines relationship theory, IDIC (Identify-Differentiate-Interact-Customize) methodology, metrics, data management, customer management, company organization, channel issues and Engage! the store of the future. Brian Solis Engage! thoroughly examines the social media landscape and how to effectively use social media to succeed in business—one network and one tool at a time. It leads you through the detailed and speciﬁc steps required for conceptualizing, implementing, Social Media Balanced Scorecard managing, and measuring a social media program. The result is the ability to increase Roland Fiege visibility, build communities of loyal brand enthusiasts, and increase proﬁts. Covering everything you need to know about social media marketing and the rise Investments in online marketing are increasing steadily, as is advertising in social of the new social consumer, Engage! shows you how to create effective strategies media. Until now, it has been difﬁcult to measure the reach and impact of social based on proven examples and earn buy-in from your marketing teams. Even better, media and determine the value of marketing in relation to sales, conversion events youll learn how to measure success and ROI. and customer satisfaction in social media. This book explains how to reduce strategic organizational and marketing objectives down to measurable operational objectives with the aid of the social media balanced scorecard and the strategy map. This allows social Web marketing activities to be measured in terms of performance in order to optimize the allocation of marketing budgets and highlight the activities’ effectiveness for decision-makers. Die neue Macht des Marketing (New Power of Marketing) Ralf T. Kreutzer, Wolfgang Merkle “The New Power of Marketing” brings together acknowledged experts on marketing in the areas of emotion, innovation and precision, and presents marketing concepts with a proven track record. “The New Power of Marketing” is currently only available in German.
11. 20 21Why You Should Attend SMICS 2012 At SMICS 2012 we have gathered together the world’s foremost visionaries, such as the author of “The End of Business as Usual” Brian Solis as well as thought Knowledge and insight leaders and practitioners in social media marketing and commerce, including Scott Galloway, Professor of Marketing at NYU Stern University of Business and CEO The second Social Media Marketing and Commerce Summit is taking place this year of L2ThinkTank, and Martha Rogers, Founding Partner of Peppers & Rogers and at the Amsterdam RAI International Convention Center. Where competitively-priced inventor of one-to-one marketing, to give you an unrivaled insight into the threats accommodation has been secured. and opportunities of social media marketing and social commerce. In addition to the complete programm of speakers, we are hosting a exclusive SMICS 2012 will be Europe’s most conference party within the scope of the MicroStrategy World 2012. inspiring and educational forum for The cost of attending is just €695. Full registration, booking and venue details: Senior marketing executives www.smics2012.com CxOs and business leaders of all industries Social media and digital strategists Advertising and marketing agency leaders PR and social media ﬁrms Location SMICS 2012 offers you the unique opportunity to hear the views and experience of SMICS 2012 will be held at the people in a comprehensive way, to interact and connect in workshops, and to discuss Amsterdam RAI International Convention your challenges with this exceptional panel. Center. It is conveniently located just south of Amsterdam’s city center. Amsterdam RAI Europaplein 1078 GZ Amsterdam Netherlands Your Host T: +31 (0) 20 549 12 12 F: +31 (0) 20 646 44 69 Conny Czymoch has been with the and non-proﬁt organizations covering www.rai.nl German political TV channel Phoenix a host of global topics – including for the last fifteen years, anchoring telecommunications and IT systems, their ﬂagship program “Der Tag.” For social media, new technologies and the two last decades, she was involved space travel. She is also a media coach in conference moderation for the EU, for executives. German ministries, DAX corporations,
12. Is your answer “yes” to one of the following questions? You want to benchmark your social media strategy? You want to learn from leading experts and industry case studies? You want to improve your Facebook marketing strategy? You want to gain more customer insights to utilize social CRM? You want to generate relevant business using social media? You want to see how social intelligence can revolutionize your business? Then you should attend SMICS 2012 in Amsterdam. Partners and speakersSocial IntelligenceMicroStrategy Inc.Kölner Straße 26351149 Köln SMICSGermany 2012 Social Media Marketingwww.smics2012.com iCommerce Summitwww.facebook.com/SmicsEvent July 10 + 11, 2012Find us on Amsterdam