Google Glass is a research and development program by
Google to develop an augmented reality HMD
The intended purpose of Google Glass would be the
hands free displaying of information
Goal is to reduce time b/w intention & action
Powered by Android OS
3. About Google X Lab
Secret facility run by google, located in California
100 project is under consideration that includes,
self driving car
Augmented reality glasses
Internet service via baloon in stratosphere
Combined features of augmented reality & virtual reality
Use 4G technology
Communicate with mobile phones through Wi-Fi
Display content on video screen as well as respond to voice
command of the user.
5. What can google glass do?
Photography And Video
Send Message And Google Search
Google Translate and Google Maps
7. • Wearable Computing
• Worn by the bearer under , with or on top of clothing
• Developed for general or special purpose information
technologies and media development
8. Ambient Intelligence
• Electronic environments that are sensitive and responsive
to the presence of people.
• Devices work in concert to support people in carrying out
their everyday life activities.
9. • Smart Clothing
• It is a combination of new fabric technology and digital
• The clothing is made with new signal-transfer fabric
technology installed with digital devices.
10. • EyeTap Technology
• EyeTap is a device that is worn in front of the eye that acts
as a camera to record the scene available to the eye as well
as a display.
11. 4G Technology
• 4G is the fourth generation of cell phone mobile
• 4G Technology is basically the extension in the 3G
technology with more bandwidth and services offers in the
• This system provides higher data rates of 300 Mbps in
mobility to 1 Gbps while stationary.
12. • Android
• Android is a Linux-based operating system for mobile devices such
as smart phones and tablet computers, developed by Google in
conjunction with the Open handset Alliance.
13. • Augmented Reality
• Augmented reality is a live, direct or indirect, view of a
physical, real-world environment.
• Real-world elements are augmented by generated
sensory input such as sound, video, graphics or GPS
14. Features of Google Glass
– Don’t let you miss anything that is to be done
– Make and Receive Video/Voice Calls right from your GG
High Definition Video Camera
– Save your life moments within no time
15. Directions and Location
– Enjoy the freedom with Google Locations and
– Built in music player and a video player
– Communicate with GG using Voice Commands
16. About Glass Softwares….
Google Glass applications (Glassware)
o free applications built by third-party developers
o Google Now, Google Maps, Google+, and Gmail.
oOn April 15, 2013, Google released the Mirror API
oOn May 16, 2013, seven new apps,
from Evernote, Elle, CNN.
oGoogle offers a companion Android app called MyGlass
ocontrolled by touchpad, voice actions
oTo activate Glass, wearers tilt their heads 30° upward or tap the
touchpad and say "O.K., Glass.“
o"Take a picture", "Record a video"
oGlassBattle by BrickSimple
o Escape developed by Advanced Mobile Applications
18. • Easy to wear and use.
• Sensitive and responsive to the presence of people.
• Fast access of maps, documents, videos, chats and much more.
• A new trend for fashion lovers together being an innovative
• A spectacle based computer to reside directly on your eyes rather
than in your pouch or pocket.
• A useful technology for all kinds of handicapped/disabled
Advantages Of Google Glass
19. • Can be easily broken or damaged. Users will have a tough
time taking care of it.
• It may lead to accidents while driving.
• Privacy of people may breach with new glasses.
Disadvantages Of Google Glass
20. • Google glasses are basically wearable computers that use the
evolving familiar technologies that brings the sophistication
and ease of communication and information .
• Hands free technology by Google.
• Assistance to disabled individuals.
• Google Glass is fashionable and frame colors are available in
gray, orange, black, white and light blue.