1. Identify the new logo of the company which is now a part of the Dunkin Brands Group, owned by a consortium of Bain Capital, Carlyle Group and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
The logo is of a wholly owned government of India subsidiary. It was established in April 2006 as a special purpose vehicle to lend funds, especially debt of longer-term maturity, directly to the eligible projects to supplement other loans from banks and financial institutions. Its objective was to bridge India’s infrastructure deficit. 2.
5. The Connect them for what they are infamous for :
<ul><li>It is the automobile manufacturing division of Fuji Heavy Industries Co. Ltd. The company is named after the star cluster Pleiades. Its most popular brand is named after an Italian word meaning feat or achievement. Identify it. </li></ul>
10. Identify the new logo of this Indian Corporate Giant.
11. The project, dubbed____________, is being developed by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), which is based in Bangalore. ________ will use a network of satellites to create a high-resolution, birds-eye view of India. ISRO officials say _________ will provide images of far greater resolution than are currently available online – particularly of the subcontinent, a region where large areas remain virtually unmapped.
12. _______ (first published April 16, 1989) is an American comic strip written and drawn by Scott Adams. ________ is known for its satirical office humor about a white-collar, micromanaged office featuring the engineer _______ as the title character. The strip has spawned several books, an animated television series, a computer game, and hundreds of ______-themed merchandise items. Adams has also received the National Cartoonist Society Reuben Award and Newspaper Comic Strip Award in 1997 for his work on the strip. _______ appears in 2000 newspapers worldwide in 65 countries and 25 languages.
13. In 1931, a person George ______, invented Quink "quick drying ink" which eliminated the need for blotting and led to the development of the most widely used model of fountain pen in history (over $400 million worth of sales in its 30 year history). Manufacturing facilities were set up over the years in Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, France, Mexico, USA and Argentina. His products were frequently selected (often as favourites of their users) for important documents such as the World War II armistices, and commemorative editions were sometimes offered.
14. ______________ is the Interim Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Stability in the United States Department of the Treasury. In this role, he heads the Office of Financial Stability, the office set up to buy troubled financial assets from U.S. financial firms under the $700 billion U.S. Government Troubled Assets Relief Program.
15. The ____________ Clydesdales are a group of Clydesdale horses used for its promotions and commercials. There are six "hitches" or teams of horses, five that travel around the United States and one that remains in their official home at the company headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, where they are housed in a historic brick and stained-glass stable built in 1885. There are eight horses driven at one time, but ten horses are on each team to provide alternates for the hitch when needed. Assorted Clydesdales are also used as animal actors in television commercials for ______________, particularly in Super Bowl ads.
17. Some of the best known are those of Robert Pitcairn, the Houghton family, John D. Rockefeller, Henry Phipps and Andrew Carnegie, who made their fortunes in railroads, glass, oil, and steel, respectively. A ___________ is a private company that manages investments and trusts for a single wealthy family.
18. _________________ (born June 6, 1917) is an Armenian-American billionaire, and president/CEO of Tracinda Corporation, his private holding company based in Beverly Hills, California. ___________ is known as one of the important figures in shaping the city of Las Vegas, Nevada.
19. __________________(born August 1, 1933) is an American billionaire businessman. He is a property developer and public company CEO based in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Las Vegas Sands Corp., the parent company of Venetian Macao Limited which operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and the Sands Expo and Convention Center.
20. Master tailor Nazareno Fonticoli and his business partner Gaetano Savini opened their first suit shop in Rome's Via Barberini at the end of World War II. The company was named ________ after the resort on the coast of the Adriatic Sea. Since 1995, James Bond has been outfitted by the company.
21. The creation of the logo was entrusted to the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad. The form of the logo has been derived from the interlocking of the warp and the weft. These threads stand for the collaborative institutes giving their inputs and the weavers giving their skills. The interaction between them is leading to a close network. The warp and weft have been molded to form a three dimensional cube.
22. The buyout of RJR Nabisco in1988 was touted as “BARBARIANS AT THE GATE” Which company acquired RJR Nabisco?
23. Which famous person Indian personality was elected as the board member for the banking giant Goldman Sachs in 2008?
24. Both the gentlemen have something in common before they ended up starting their own brands. Identify and connect.
25. This is the new corporate headquarters of the World’s second biggest institutional investor. Identify it.
26. _____________ is a Russian government-owned corporation that consolidates aircraft construction companies and state assets engaged in the manufacture, design and sale of military, civilian, transport, and unmanned aircraft. It encompasses Irkut Mikoyan, Sukhoi, Ilyushin, Tupolev, and Yakovlev.
28. Originally named Coopers Inc., and was founded by Samuel T. Cooper in 1876 as a hosiery business. Cooper began the business when he learned that lumberjacks were suffering from poorly constructed wool socks. Identify.
29. This company has recently made a foray into the Indian market. Identify it.