View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Tata Consulatancy Services Information
Technology Wiz 2009
1) FC Kolhi, Ramadorai and __________
Ans: N Chandrashekaran
2) What was "Jerry and David's guide to the World Wide Web" and was renamed in April
(Hint: A very famous CEO)
Ans: Carol Bartz (CEO and President of Yahoo!)
4) What did XP stand for in Windows XP?
5) Jack Dorsey created this in 2006 as a project within a now-defunct podcasting company
called Odeo, which was run by entrepreneur Evan Williams. What is it?
7) MagicBox@Work is a Windows-based mobile device from which company?
8) Expand TSR.
Ans: Terminate and Stay Resident (Roughly DOS Multitasking)
9) This was the result of a new approach to go beyond search to build what they call a
decision engine. With a powerful set of tools on top of a world-class engine, X will help you
make faster decisions. What are we talking about?
10) Set up in August 1984 by the government of India, it is the technology development
centre for designing and developing digital exchanges. What is it? (Somebody, please
expand on this one. Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
11) [A photo which said Just For Fun The Story Of An Accidental Revolutionary]. Name the
author, or his creation
Ans: Linus Torvalds/Linux
12) In the world of Internet and dromain names, what is GTLD?
Ans: Generic Top-Level domain
13) Which supercomputer was built by Computational Research Laboratories in India, and is
India's fastest supercomputer? (Hint: It was built along with TCS)
Ans: Google Wave
15) This story revolves around a supernatural phenomenon, which a fictional special forces.
The player assumes the role of F.E.A.R.'s Point Man, who possesses superhuman reflexes,
and must uncover the secrets of a paranormal menace in the form of a little girl. Identify
the game, developed by Monolith Productions and published by Vivendi Universal.
Ans: First Encounter Assault Recon (F.E.A.R)
16) This started in a living room of co-founder Reid Hoffman. The other original founders
included Allen Blue, Konstantin Guericke, Eric Ly and Jean-Luc Vaillant. They created a
social networking site for professionals. (Giri: What you do is social networking. This is
professional networking, something that your parents may use). What am I talking about?
Identify the person.
Ans: Charles Babbage (Featured here is the Analytical Engine)
18) In the context of mobile numbers, what is MNP? (Giri: Everybody is saying "India is
getting MNP." What is it?)
Ans: Mobile Number Portability (Changing your operator without changing the mobile
19) David Bradley implemented this keyboard combination, as a designer of the original IBM
PC. What am I talking about? (Hint: Gets us out of many tricky situations)
Ans: Sachin Pilot (In addition to bearing a striking resemblance to VS Karthik of DPS Vasant
Kunj finished fourth in this TCS IT Wiz 2009, Sachin Pilot is Minister of State in Ministry of
Communications and Technology)
Archive entirely prepared by Shikhar Gautam (with negligible inputs from Aditya
Written by Aditya Salapaka
Hosted on gyaan.in and Shadow Line
Licenced under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India
Free to distribute for non-commercial purposes. Visit crystalunicorn.wordpress.com for more