• A trident also called a leister or gig, is a three-
• It is used for spear fishing and was formerly
also a military weapon.
• Tridents are featured widely in mythical,
historical and modern culture. The sea god
Poseidon or Neptune is classically depicted
bearing a trident.
• Why does it feature in an auto quiz?
• This mark is a mandatory marking on certain
products, which is required if they are placed
on the market in the European Economic Area
(EEA). By affixing this marking, the
manufacturer, or its representative, or the
importer assures that the item meets all the
essential requirements of all applicable EU
• The CE mark (officially CE marking) seen on
most electronic goods.
• Boble (bubble) in Norway, Fusca in Brazil;
Coccinelle in France; Maggiolino in Italy;
Sedán or Vocho in Mexico; Kever in the
Netherlands; kotseng (literally,
'hunchback')/"pagong" (turtle) in the
Philippines; Garbus (literally, 'Hunchback') in
Poland; Brouk in Czech Republic; Carocha in
• Which automobile?
• Volkswagen Beetle called 'The Bug' in the U.S
• Indy 500
• The Indianapolis Motor Speedway complex was built in 1909 as a gravel-
and-tar track. The track was then paved with 3.2 million bricks, urged by
principal owner Carl G. Fisher after several deaths related to the unsteady
• The term "Brickyard" is in reference to the nickname historically used for
the Indianapolis Motor Speedway since 1910. The course was paved in
brick in 1909, and a one-yard strip of brick remains exposed the
• The address was inspired by a programming
concept. When X purchased a Z in the 1980s,
there was a saying: "A Z is so fast it can
execute Y in under 2 seconds!". Gimme X, Y
• Apple, Infinite Loop and Cray X MP
• Infinite Loop is a street encircling the six main buildings of Apple's
headquarters in Cupertino, California. Each building has a number
which corresponds to its single-digit address on the Loop, and so
Apple's official mailing address is "1 Infinite Loop".
• The name was inspired by the programming concept of the infinite
loop. When Apple purchased a Cray X-MP in the 1980s, there was a
jest saying: "A Cray is so fast it can execute an infinite loop in under
• James Ferguson was born in Wakenda,
Missouri and attended the University of
Missouri. After graduating, he formed and led
the first industrial research group to research
and attain patents in what invention?
• Located near an ancient dam from the 8th
century, it is an artificial lake built in the
backdrop of the Aravalli Hills with an
amphitheatre shaped embankment
constructed in a semicircular form.
• What is this place and what is the claim to
fame of this place?
• The crown prince of Dubai has already
pledged to give ex-F1 racer Michael
Schumacher his own man-made island called
"The World", so what other man-made gift
can top that as a retirement present!
• The Ferrari Clienti, a group of folks who buy
and race classic and late model Ferrari
competition cars, doesn't count any crown
princes among its members, but it did manage
to scrape up enough coin to commission for
Schumacher his very own custom built Harley
• I would sneak in at night from the Apple department, doing level
design. Around that time, “A” had come up with a method of
scrolling the EGA screen (back when computer graphics had 16
colors) smoothly… I looked over at the Nintendo we had in the
corner, which had Super Mario Bros 3 on it. I said to “A”, "What if
we did the first level of Super Mario...tonight?!?" “A” smiled, and
said, "Let's do it!" I was busy copying the graphics, converting them
into tiles, entering data to give certain tiles solidity and so on, and
entering the map, tile for tile into the TED editor. At 5:30am, we
finished, slapped the demo on a disk, and put in on “B’s” desk as a
surprise. We went home and crashed. When we got back, “B” said
he couldn't work for three hours. He said his first thought was "This
is it! We are SO out of here."
• What is this a description of?
• Tom Hall talking about the events leading up to the
founding of Id Software.
• “A” was John Carmack and “B” was John Romero
• A joint venture between Future Group and
Hidesign, Holii is aimed at the masses.
• What begins with this with a quote from
Kepler’s ‘The Anatomy of Melancholy’ -
• “But who shall dwell in these worlds if they
be inhabited? . . . Are we or they Lords of
the World? . . . And how are all things
made for man?
• Why is a product named after the Latin word
for 'before' in the news?
• The Latin word for 'before' or 'prior' is Prius.
• A Toyota spokesperson stated that "Toyota chose this name
because the Prius vehicle is the predecessor of cars to come."
• Its been in the news for the recall of the third generation cars.
• It is a measurement of income inequality across a
geographic area and is derived from the Lorenz curve.
• Mathematically for Lorenz curve is L(x) = max(x – L(x))
• This means that the index is derived by finding the largest
vertical line, which can be drawn between a Lorenz curve
for perfectly even distribution (e.g. of incomes) and the
measured Lorenz curve.
• Theoretically the height of the rectangle surrounding the
Lorenz curve is the greatest possible maximum.
• Therefore dividing the found line by the height of the
rectangle yields a metric between 0% and 100%.
• What is this called?
• It is one of the top five mortgage lenders in the
United Kingdom in terms of gross lending and
based at Regent Centre in Newcastle upon Tyne,
• In 2006 the bank had moved into sub-prime
lending via a deal with Lehman Brothers.
Although the mortgages were sold under it's
brand through intermediaries, the risk was being
underwritten by Lehman Brothers. It went under
public ownership from 2008.
• Id the Bank.
• Burberry Group is a British luxury fashion house,
manufacturing clothing, fragrance, and fashion
accessories. Its distinctive tartan pattern has
become one of its most widely copied
• Swiss couple, Antoine Dorsaz, 20, and 16-year-
old Anais Morand, in the ice skating pairs event
in Vancouver Winter Olympics took to the ice for
their long programme wearing what can only be
described as 'chav-tastic' Burberry-themed
• Anais sported very short shorts in the English
firm's classic check, while her partner wore
regular long trousers with the same design.
• MTV Networks has reported that 2.5 million
songs have been downloaded by users within
two months. Activision said it has sold more
than 5 million new songs. It took wireless
operator Sprint four months to sell 1 million
songs on its over-the-air full-song download
service. Metallica's "Ride the Lightning,"
"Blackened" and "And Justice for All" is the
best-selling download. What is the cause for
such rampant downloading by users?
• The games 'Guitar Hero' and 'Rock Band' after
their creators added the feature of the users
being able to add downloadable songs for the
• Nawab Asaf-ud-Daulah of Awadh served Dum Pukht to
the workers to build the Bara Imambara during the
famine of 1784
• Dum Pukht or slow oven has become one of the most
refined forms of cooking in India and Pakistan.
• Slow oven means cooking on very low flame, mostly in
sealed containers, allowing the meats to cook, as much
as possible, in their own juices and bone-marrow. The
cuisine of Awadh is the original cuisine which introduced
Dum Pukht to the world. Now it is also commonly used in
other cuisines like Mughlai, Punjabi and Hyderabadi.
• In his words, "I just had to take the hypertext
idea and connect it to the TCP and DNS ideas
and — ta-da! — the ______ _______ ____ "
Who about what?
• Sir Timothy "Tim" John Berners-Lee, World