1. Quintessential Theory http://rohitnair.wordpress.com
2. Why has this song been in the news recently? 1.
3. The language is obviously not English. Just identify the speaker. 2.
4. 3. Importance?
5. 4. Identify the ET Entrepreneur of the year.
6. 5. Identify the instrument. Think big IT guys.
7. 6. Who is this guy?
8. 7. Who?
9. 8. Passed away recently. Who?
10. 9. <ul><li>Which place in Bangalore gets its name from the temple in which Shivaji was married? Incidentally it was built by Venkoji, Shivaji's step brother. </li></ul>
11. 10. <ul><li>His experience of oppression in Turkey and the suppression of the Kurdish language inspired his 1988 play Mountain Language. He opposed the U.S. invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq. He called George W Bush a mass murderer and Tony Blair a 'deluded idiot', and defends Slobodan Milosevic and Fidel Castro. He appears in "The Tailor of Panama" and was nominated twice for an Oscar. He was in the news recently, though for another reason. Who? </li></ul>
12. 11. <ul><li>Epee Fencing, pistol shooting, 200m free style swimming, a show jumping course and a cross country run. These are activities comprising what? </li></ul>
13. 12. <ul><li>I keep my exact age a secret, but I can say I am in my thirties and was born on February 14th. I had a privileged upbringing, never really knowing my mother, my father was a well respected archaeologist. Whilst at Gordonstown I excelled at athletics, later at a Swiss finishing school I developed a natural talent with firearms I followed in my father’s footsteps, coming to the world’s attention in 1996 when I was hired by Jacqueline Natla, head of Natla Industries, to recover a mysterious artefact rumoured to be in a Peru? </li></ul>
14. 13. <ul><li>What is the name of the daughter of Helen of Troy and King Menelaus of Sparta? </li></ul>
15. 14. <ul><li>AsiaInfo: China :: _______ : India . Fill in the blank. </li></ul>
16. 15. <ul><li>What path-breaking device was founded by Vijay Chandru, Prof Ramesh Hariharan, Prof. Swami Manohar and Prof.Vinay L.Deshpande? </li></ul>
17. 16. <ul><li>The Princeton University Statistician John W.Tukey coined the term 'Bit', an abbreviation of Binary Digit and another very famous word, which has become part of everyday usage. Identify the word. </li></ul>
18. 17. <ul><li>In possibly the only event of its kind in history, the entire telephone system of the US and Canada was switched off for a minute on August 4, 1922. What was the occasion? </li></ul>
19. 18. <ul><li>Was featured on the BBC at the age of nine due to his piano-playing histrionics, and is today the fastest piano player in the world. With albums like Abstract, Ecstasy, Raag Time, Live in Karachi and Sargam he is one of the most popular Pakistani artists. Who? </li></ul>
20. 19. <ul><li>TRITICUM VULGARE is its scientific name. What is its more common name? </li></ul>
21. 20. <ul><li>Jane Austen, in 1798 in 'Northanger Abbey', said about her protagonist Catherine. " It was not wonderful that Catherine, by nature had nothing heroic about her and should prefer cricket, __________, riding on horseback and running about the country at the age of 14". Fill in the blank. </li></ul>
22. 21. <ul><li>A company called HVM, incorporated in 1931, produced 12 brands, including Lotus, Butterfly and Tiger. By 1939, however, only one brand survived. The company is no longer a going concern, but the brand still exists and is doing well. Name the brand. </li></ul>
23. 22. <ul><li>The birth of this soap began with its originator, Andrew _______, who arrived in London in 1789 from his native Cornish Village of Mevagissey, where he had trained as a barber. He opened premises in Gerrard Street, Soho- then a fashionable residential area. The Gerrard Street shop was used for the manufacture and sale of rouges, powder, creams and other beauty products used extensively by the rich to cover up the damage caused by harsh soaps. This in turn led Andrew to recognize the power of a purer, gentler soap. After a hit and trial method, Andrew not only obtained a soap of high quality but it also possessed the great novelty value of being transparent. Which soap was the result of Andrew’s work? </li></ul>
24. 23. <ul><li>The Bangalore police nabbed K.N Srinivas Shastry from a seashore hideout in Vishakapatnam. The kingpin of the Rs 300 crore fraud case was brought to Bangalore along with his wife, two children and mother and produced before the Additional City Metropolitan Magistrate. Just name the foundation involved in the scam. (KN Srinivas Shastry is the director of this foundation) </li></ul>
25. 24. <ul><li>This 1975 Ford Escort has no radio, hub caps or air conditioning and still contains carved rosary beads, a box of matches and a tin of sweets and a dashboard medallion of a saint. Its new owner is millionaire John O’ Quinn who plans to put the car in a private museum. Now the question: who was the car’s earlier owner? </li></ul>
26. 25. <ul><li>Goldstar Company was established in the year 1958 in Korea, producing the country’s first ever radio in the following year. In the years that followed, Korea slowly managed to manufacture its own basic electronic appliances and become self sufficient thanks only to Goldstar. In 1995 the new corporate identity was launched, which subsequently changed its name to the group’s present name. At present the company embraces the philosophy: ‘Great Company, Great People’. Identify the well known company. (Clue: It’s in the question) </li></ul>