1. All about getting yourBumsOnTheSaddleGo-by-bike Logo from the awesome 1-world-2-wheels initiative
3. Does this apply to you ?Maybe Not ! Think again.
4. The World isGETTING FAT
5. TrafficCONGESTIONIn 2003, traffic congestion delayedpeople 7 billion hours worldwideand wasted Five Billion gallons of fuel.
6. ENVIRONMENTVehicles contribute to an estimated60-70% of urban air pollution.60% of the pollution created by caremissions happens in the first fewminutes of operation.
7. Congestion Trap
8. What solution willaddress these problems?The bicycle is a simple solution to some of the world’s most complicated problems
9. HOW THE BICYCLESOLVES THE PROBLEMHealth IssuesBicycling Burns 500-700 calories per hour.Driving a car burns 5-20.Environmental IssuesCars produce 60-70% of urban air pollution.Bicycles produce 0%.Congestion Issues50% of car trips taken are less than 2 miles long.
10. A bicycle ride to thisVenue (~15km)• Saved about 150 bucks• 15-20 minutes faster• I did not pollute• 1 hr of cardio ~500 calories• Enjoyed it too !
12. How fast, how far ?• Ravi 21km in 55mins• Rohan 11km in 25mins• Pramod 6km in 12mins• Siva 4km in 15minsActual NumbersThe Bicycle is consistently the fastest means of transport
13. Safe?Stats show that cycling is safer thanwalking! Do you think its safe?
15. Weekend RidesMonthly Races
18. It’s time to get involved.HERE’S HOW…1. Join a local bicycling club2. Get on a good bicycle3. Give short distances a shot4. Try riding to work over a weekend5. Get a riding buddy
19. Weigh less. Wait LessLess Waste. Less WaistSupport Global Cooling Cool slogans whacked from 1-world-2-wheels initiativeGet YourBumsOnTheSaddle