2. There are problems and ﬁxes….. When you have the commercial equivalent of a knitting needle impaled in youreye, your interest revolves around just one thing: stopping the pain – John O’HaraPROBLEM If you can see the problem you can ﬁx it
3. So here’s a picture of the problem we seeThat’s right. You can’t see it.The reason you can’t see it, is purely a matter of viewpoint
4. PROBLEM Some problems are really BIG!
5. In fact; some problems are so big and the soluFon seems so far away, that they simply become accepted. PR
6. When we talk about this problem,no-one seems to recognize it
7. You can run, but you can’t hide!It’s going to catch up eventually.Rush to on-‐line 2004 Rush to mobile 2011 What’s going to happen here?
8. What will happen when media migrates to mobile?Mobile ad revenues are Fny Google “owns” mobile adverFsing Mobile ads aren’t performing Mobile ads are trending poorly “… advertising rates are ‘terrible’“… rates on web sites are up to 20 times higher”“… a yawning chasm”- MaT Murphy, of Kleiner Perkins, Mobile Start Up fund. 4321
9. Remember that question again?
10. If you are in mediaAnd generate revenue from advertisingAnd if your audience is migrating to mobileYou may be in serious trouble!
11. • There is no silver bullet• There is no single fix• But there is a world of opportunity• This presentation exists because wehave a solution to some parts ofthis problemTo learn more contact Roger Griceroger@lateralnz.com