1. Washington DC Clague Middle School 8th grade trip Nov. 2-6, 2011
2. ItineraryLeave Wednesday EveningThursday, arrive in DC for breakfast and sightseeingCheck into Hotel Thursday EveningA"er breakfast Friday morning, more sightseeingSaturday, breakfast a fu# day of sightseeing and thenhome we come, arriving Sunday morning
3. What will we see?Capital BuildingSmithsonianvarious monumentsLibrary of Congressnight sight-seeing tourArlington National Cemetery
4. What is included:BusHotelA# mealsA# entrance fees and sightseeing toursSouvenir t-shirt
5. What is not covered:Additional Clague shirts and sweatshirts (students mustwear green shirts entire trip)Snacks while in DCSnacks or meals when on the bus, to and *om DCDC souvenirs
6. Spending Moneysu+ested amount: $50-75
7. Students4 to a room in hotelStudents wi# su+est possible roommates one person *om list wi# be chosen Please trust the school - do not succumb to tears. It always works out not revealed until we arrive at hotels
8. Chaperones8-10 Clague Staﬀ, including principalChaperone to student ratio 1:10A# Chaperones have to have a security check2 Corporate Travel Guides who stay with us a# trip
9. Cost$469.00 per student, cance#ation insurance must bepurchased at ﬁrst deposit $30 - medical only $45 - any reasonFirst payment due by March 18, 2011, $1004/15 $150, 5/20 $150, 6/17 $69
11. Parent helpMake a timely commitment and paymentsMake a donation so everyone can attendVolunteer to chaperone email@example.comVolunteer to be parent point personSend in water, snacks, etc. in November
12. Trip Point PersonsBe emergency contactHelp organize recordsContact and point person for fund-raisers
13. ChaperonesPay 1/2 of student costParticipate in a# activitiesAs a chaperone you are there for the safety,organization, and enjoyment of a# studentsYour participation is greatly appreciated, we can’t dowith without you!
14. If you are interested...email Mrs. Leaman: firstname.lastname@example.orgKathy Moran: email@example.comIf you are a doctor or nurse, please indicate this in youremail.
15. ScholarshipsConﬁdential contact with counselor, Mrs. Moran orPrincipal Mrs. LeamanFamilies must contribute 50% through payments or fund-raisers
16. ParticipationTo make this trip a go, we need to have at least 60%participation.Please ﬁle registration, and make initial payment.If you feel the need for scholarship, contact must be madeby March 15, 2011.