1. Associations monitoring retail business at National & State level SESSION 14 LEGAL ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS
2. acts as unified voice of Indian retailers support the growth of the modern retail industry encourages, develops, facilitates, and supports retailers to become modern and adopt best practicesThe three main goals of rai are: Retail Development, Facilitation, and Propagation
3. Retailers Association of India (rai) 111/112 Ascot Centre, Next to Hotel Le Royal Meridien Sahar Road, Andheri (East) Mumbai 400 099 INDIA Tel: +91-22-28269533 Fax: +91-22-28269536 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.rai.net.in
4. CII works towards the growth of industry in India,partnering industry and government alike throughadvisory and consultative processes.It is a non-govt., not-for-profit, industry led andindustry managed organisationEstd. over 116 years agoIndias premier business associationdirect membership - 8100 organisations (pvt. +public sectors, including SMEs and MNCsindirect membership – 90k firms
5. works closely with govt. on policy issues,enhancing efficiency, competitiveness andexpanding business opportunities throughspecialised services and global linkagesprovides a platform for sectoral consensusbuilding and networking64 offices and 7 Centres of Excellence in India7 overseas offices in Australia, China, France,Singapore, South Africa, UK, and USAinstitutional partnerships with 223 counterpartorganisations in 90 countriesCII serves as a reference point for Indian industryand the international business community.
6. Confederation of Indian IndustryThe Mantosh Sondhi Centre23, Institutional Area, Lodi Road, New Delhi -110003T: 91-11-24629994-7; F: 91-11-24626149E: email@example.com; W: www.cii.in
7. Established in 1927, FICCI is the largest and oldest apex business organisation in India. Its history is closely interwoven with Indias struggle for independence and its subsequent emergence as one of the most rapidly growing economies globally. FICCI plays a leading role in policy debates that are at the forefront of social, economic and political change. Through its 400 professionals, FICCI is active in 39 sectors of the economy. FICCIs stand on policy issues is sought out by think tanks, governments and academia. Its publications are widely read for their in-depth research and policy prescriptions. FICCI has joint business councils with 79 countries around the world. A non-government, not-for-profit organisation, FICCI is the voice of Indias business and industry. FICCI has direct membership from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 83,000 companies from regional chambers of commerce. FICCI works closely with the government on policy issues, enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and expanding business opportunities for industry through a range of specialised services and global linkages. It also provides a platform for sector specific consensus building and networking. Partnerships with countries across the world carry forward our initiatives in inclusive development, which encompass health, education, livelihood, governance, skill development, etc. FICCI serves as the first port of call for Indian industry and the international business community.
8. Surveys by FICCI FICCI Survey on Exports - Jul 2011 FICCI Economic Outlook Survey, May 2011 Manufacturing Survey Report Jan-Mar 2011 FICCIs Business Confidence Survey, Q3 2010-11 FICCI Economic Outlook Survey, January 2011
9. SURVEY : FICCI QUARTERLY SURVEY ON INDIAN MANUFACTURING SECTOR
10. Publication by FICCI
11. Facts about SCAI The Shopping Centres Association of India (SCAI) - non-profit organisation - engages in, and encourages the development of shopping centre industry by equipping it with the requisite knowledge base and operational skills SCAI plays an anchors role in the evolution of the Indian shopping centre industry and to consolidate the entity of the individual shopping centre, helping it merge into the larger society as an institution of importance.
12. Focus of SCAI Building up – and inspiring – a body of focused research into the architecture, aesthetic and design aspects of shopping centres; Being a knowledge resource centre that collects, analyses and disseminates information on techniques of profitable operation; Delving into macro economic, legislative and marketing factors with a bearing on the shopping centre industry; and
13. Research / Reports by SCAIhttp://www.scai.in/ResearchNreport/ResearchNreport.aspx?LID=MA%3d%3d-dXogLedY0zo%3d Case Studies • Market View India Retail • The Retail Development Pipeline • International Design Concepts - A Case Study Reading Material • How business interact with government • Survival and growth in the real estate industry (SECURED) • Structure of Indian economy Reports • Research onpoint appd 2010 Q4 Asia Pacific Jones Lang Lasalle • Colliers International Budget Analysis 2011 • November 2010 E & R @ Glance
16. About IIFL….. The IIFL (India Infoline) group, comprising the holding company, India Infoline Ltd (NSE: INDIAINFO, BSE: 532636) and its subsidiaries, is one of the leading players in the Indian financial services space. IIFL offers advice and execution platform for the entire range of financial services covering products ranging from Equities and derivatives, Commodities, Wealth management, Asset management, Insurance, Fixed deposits, Loans, Investment Banking, GoI bonds and other small savings instruments.
17. • A retail intelligence organisation with publications, research, education, events, awards and retail support services, the IMAGES Multimedia Group (established in 1992) has played a vital role in organising fashion and retail businesses in India and has successfully set up an information exchange via media, which equips the trade with the knowledge that drives the fashion and retail businesses across the globe. Establishing a continuous flow of information through its activities facilitating networking amongst investors, retailers, realtors and brand leaders, IMAGES has emerged as the most vibrant link between the marketers and the market-place. IMAGES fora are known worldwide, where the retail, franchise and shopping centre fraternities converge to explore India - a market that is highly likely to emerge as one of the largest retail destinations in the world by the end of this decade. IMAGES straddles the two emerging segments in India - Fashion and Retail. Established in 1992, IMAGES has played a crucial role in the development of these two industries by helping organize them, giving them an industry status, providing global benchmarks and facilitating networking amongst retailers, fashion houses, designers, investors and brand leaders.
18. About www.indiaretailing.com• An initiative of Images Group, indiaretailing.com is a path-breaking retail information interface portal. Addressed and directed towards the retailing community across the world, the portal provides a wide-angle view and analysis of the business of retail in India. Alongside interactive features that includes interviews, feedbacks and business development tools, it also contains exclusive and investigative editorial content that no other media possibly has access to. It is a platform to connect various verticals of the retailing community across India and the world, networking through retail brands, individual retailers, retail chain formats, real estate developers and retail professionals at all levels. Beside retail news feeds, indiaretailing.com boasts an exclusive database of retail brands and retailers, retail investors and consultants, retail real estate developers, retail technology and system firms, finance outfits, store design, and shop-fit professionals., Exclusive video interviews and live coverage of retail events make it all a truly converging affair. With the retail contours in India still in an extremely fluid stage, indiaretailing.com will surely continue to be a dynamic medium for stakeholders in the business.
19. AC Nielsenhttp://in.nielsen.com/site/index.shtml
20. AC Nielsen Nielsen offers an integrated suite of market information gathered from a wide range of sources, advanced information management tools, sophisticated analytical systems and methodologies, and dedicated professional client service to help the clients find the best paths to growth.
21. AC NielsenServices offered to the clients: Measure their market performance Analyse market dynamics Diagnose and solve marketing and sales problems, and Identify and capture growth opportunities
23. About technopak….We build and enhance business capabilities for leading Indian and international companies Estd. 1991 - Management Consultancy Based in Gurgaon (NCR Delhi, India) clients across the world - 20 countries – 5 continents Founded on the principle of “concept to commissioning” team comprises of professionals from leading International and Indian engineering and management institutes
24. About technopak…. rich experience, strong industry relationships and an in depth knowledge of the Indian market.Technopak covers following industries and sectors Retail Fashion (Textile and Apparel) Consumer Products Healthcare / Hospitality & Leisure Food & Agriculture Education / Entertainment Real Estate
25. About technopak….Services Offered Business Strategy Performance Enhancement Consumer Insights Start-Up Assistance Capital Advisory
26. A.T. Kearneyhttp://www.atkearney.com/
27. About A.T.Kearney…..• A.T. Kearney is a global team of innovative, insightful and collaborative experts who deliver creative, meaningful and, above all, sustainable results.• Were a team of management consultants that generates powerful strategic insights to address practical, real-world needs — and we see each project through to completion. By daring to challenge conventional thinking, we create customized approaches, rightly suited to our clients challenges, which help them achieve both immediate and long-term business objectives. With deep expertise across a wide range of global industries, and a proud legacy of collaboration, we pride ourselves on delivering great outcomes for every one of our clients.• We believe, above all else, that by doing good, we will do well for our clients, ourselves and our community. We do this with passion for people, ideas and the world in which we live.
29. About McKinsey• We work with leading organizations across the private, public and social sectors. Our scale, scope, and knowledge allow us to address problems that no one else can. We have deep functional and industry expertise as well as breadth of geographical reach. We are passionate about taking on immense challenges that matter to our clients and, often, to the world.• We work with our clients as we do with our colleagues. We build their capabilities and leadership skills at every level and every opportunity. We do this to help build internal support, get to real issues, and reach practical recommendations. We bring out the capabilities of clients to fully participate in the process and lead the ongoing work.