- 983 views
High Level Takeaways: ...
High Level Takeaways:
* Understanding how designers think will help you understand your client better.
* It forces you to listen
* UI Improves your communication
* Forces clarity
* It's completely about getting people to understand something better, & facilitating their ability to complete the task you want them to do.
* Example: Billing.
* UI improves your trustworthiness
* Awesome video of trust fall.
* Simple and Clear Communication Builds Trust
* UI increases transparency, which builds trust. We are explanatory creatures. We are story-based. If we don't see a story for something, we will invent one.
* People feel less stupid when they understand something.
* Trust increases speed.
* Understanding Information Architecture will help you run a more efficient office.
* Understanding good UI will help you market more effectively.
* Website conventions
UI stands for User Interface design. So let's take a look at what UI is, because it's not what you might think it is. A lot of people think UI design is about pretty stuff. But that's only the tip of the iceberg.
So for example, UI is not just…
Design is about how things work. And User Interface design is about how to design a system so that humans can understand it.,
So, aside from the fact that we're enamored with beautiful technology here at MILOFest. Why should Lawyers learn a little bit about UI?
Because you're an advocate. You want to help your client. You need to persuade people - opposing counsel, judges, juries, your client.
Because it improves your communication. People understand things better when they're presented well. And that builds trust. it's going to build trust with your clients.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views