2. Todays Message● Entering the robotics field is easy!● Knowing how to enter the field
3. Todays Message● Entering the robotics field is easy!● Knowing how to enter the field
5. What is a Robot anyway? Input Processing OutputTaken from environment not from Usually includes making a keyboard! physical action Position (Gyro, Accelerometer) Rotating a motor Distance (Ultrasonic sensor) Making a sound
6. What prevents software developers from building Robots?
7. Problem 1: IOInterfacing with external devicesYou cant debug wires!
8. Solution for problem 1: IOInterfacing with external devices – still exists,but no longer includes:
9. Problem 2: ProcessingBasic micro-controllers● Low level programming● Physical constraints● Lack of utilities
17. Other approaches 1/2Phone + Micro-controller● Android + Arduino – ADB: Android Debug Bridge – ADK: Accessory Development Toolkit – SPP/Bluetooth: Serial Port Profile input Micro devices Smart phone controller output devices
18. Other approaches 2/2Computer on chip1Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, Ubuntu/ICS● RaspberryPI● BeagleBone● PcDuino input devices Computer on chip output sensors screen devices
19. Where to find components?Hacks● DVD writers – Bushless motor + Stepper motor + Laser !!● Old toys & Mechano● Car window motor, windscreen wipersRC shops● HobbyKing.com● Electronics shops in city center
20. Get Involved!● Collaboration and technical support● Sponsoring amazing graduation projects● Facebook: Robotics25● Twitter: @Robotics25
21. Thank you : ) FB: Robotics25khaled.firstname.lastname@example.org