Mongol, War Tactics, Weapons,
By: Bryan Robison
• The Mongols originated on the steppe of
Mongols War Tactics
• Due to their nomadic origin on the steppe of
Central Asia the Mongol preferred the Horse
• The Mongols would often travel 100 hundred
miles a day.
• Mongols would often feign retreats to lure
opposing armies into traps.
• After weakening enemy troops with their
horse archers, Mongols would attack with
• To conquer cities, Mongols would bombard
city wall with dozens of siege
• Mongols would also launched plague victims
at the city wall to infect the defenders.
• The favorite weapon for the Mongols was the
• It could hit targets from
hundreds of yards away.
• In 1206, Genghis Khan (great khan) defeated
his rivals and unified the Mongol clans.
• Mongol soldiers under Genghis Khan attacked
and defeated the Jurchens and Western Xia in
China, and the Khwarizmi Empire in Central
• Mongols under later Khans attacked and ruled
The Middle East, Russia, Persia, Central Asia,
• In 1264, the Mongol empire divided; Yuan
Dynasty in China, Golden Horde in Russia, and
Ilkhanate in Persia.
• Civil War between various Mongol groups led
to anarchy and rebellion such as the Ming
Rebellion in China in 1368.
First Ming Emperor, Zhu