1. Finding a Technical Co-FounderRob Forman | Technology Architectrob@robforman.com
2. “How do I ﬁnd an attractive spouse wholoves Nascar and ﬂy ﬁshing?”
3. “How do I ﬁnd a smart engineer who knowsLinux and Objective-C?”
4. Are you sure you need one?
5. Forces at work Against For• Compelling opportunities • Can bounce back from failure• Have own ideas • Looking for other big ideas• Currently building something • Building a business is hard• Know how to code • Don’t want it to go to waste
6. Finding versus Attracting
7. A Practical Guide Attracting Engineers Bring your A-game.
18. Just keep building. Get creative.• Local resources (students, part-time)• Outsourced development (oDesk.com)• Get involved in incubators (ATDC, FlashPoint)• Development partnerships (godsofPROTOTYPING.com)
19. Questions? Rob Formanemail: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter: @rob4manhere