1. UNIVERSIDAD MODULAR ABIERTA FACULTAD DE CIENCIAS Y HUMANIDADES SUBJECT: ENGLISH INTENSIVE ADVANCED II TOPIC: “WONDER’S OF THE WORLD” TEACHER: LIC. ALFREDO SALVADOR GOMEZ STUDENTS: KATIA MARICELA CORTEZ JULIO CESAR RAMIREZ
2. OF THEWORLD
3. The seven wonders of the world, usually calledthe seven wonders of the ancient world were a setof architectural works that Greeks, especiallythose of the Hellenistic period, was consideredworthy of being visited, be they illustriousmonuments of creation and human ingenuity.Actually have the new seven wonders of theworld.
4. Hanging gardens of BabylonHere we describe and mention Mausoleum of Halicarnassusthe seven wonders of theancient world, of which onlythe pyramids of Giza in Egypt,still stand; the rest weredestroyed. Lighthouse of Alexandria
5. Pyramids of Giza in EgyptOf these only one, the greatpyramid, remains standing The Colossus of Rhodesdespite the intentions ofrebuilding some of them pastand present. Statue of Zeus at Olympia Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
6. Chichen Itza in Mexico Coliseum of Rome in The great wall of China ItalyMachu Pichu in Peru Statue of Christ the Redeemer in Brazil Petra in Jordan Taj Mahal in India
7. It is very difficult to determine and decide theseven new wonders of the world, he had to do avote with more than one hundred million voteswithout any restriction, however there is nodoubt that this election was left out to manyother wonders that could have been included andthat as the case of the pyramids of Giza, in Egypt,only gave him a title honorary.