Analyse “Unknown” Trailer.
• What elements of a typical thriller does it
• How is it constructed? Why will it appeal to an
A man awakens from a coma, only to
discover that someone has taken on his
identity and that no one, (not even his
wife), believes him. With the help of a young
woman, he sets out to prove who he is.
Oliver Butcher (screenplay), Stephen Cornwell
(screenplay), and 1 more credit »
• Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger and January Jones
Key scenes of tension
• Film has essential characteristic of a good
thriller - moments of high tension.
• EG. The hospital scene reaching for scissors
leading to murder.
1. Soundtrack effective – disorientating sounds
2. Use of close up.
3. Fast editing leading up to the escape.
The Club Scene.
• Scene effective because:
• Loud booming soundtrack – disorientating
• Screen dark – only shadows – indistinct – the
viewer shares the main character’s confusion.
Well worth a watch.
• Watch and add to your blog.
• Anything you can analyse / comment on?
• Prince Shalla – world food!
• This provides the basis of the story but the
viewer is only interested in Liam Neeson’s
The car chase
The link above will take you to the IMDB. Scroll
down – clip 2.
• Watch the scene a few times. Analyse how it
has been filmed and why it is effective. Look
for editing speed, sound, lighting, camera
angle etc. Put detailed analysis on your blog.
Liam Neeson Interview
• Anything of interest to add to your blog?