2. Instagram is a fast, beautiful way to share photosAvailable on iOS and Android devices around the worldHow it works:•  Easily take photos on your phone•  Transform the look of them with an Instagram ﬁlter•  Share them online via Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr•  Access photo Pages on mobile or new website•  Follow friends and brands
3. Instagram by the numbers 100 Million registered users   •  44% more time spent in app than Twitter •  50 million app downloads 5 Billion   photos on the site on GooglePlay, averaging 250,000 per day •  Of Interbrand’s Top 100 5 Million   photos generated per day brands, 40 have Instagram accountsThe Next Web, ComScore, SImplyMeasured
4. Instagram’s engagement surpasses Twitter despiteexisting for less than a third of the time 91,502 53,210 8:55 4:31 30,646 21,814 2:27 12,948 7,632 7,214 2,433 1:26 Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Total Unique Visitors Average Daily Visitors Average time spent
5. How does it complement mymarketing strategy?
6. Businesses on InstagramBuild buzz around your business, product or event How it works: Encourage customers •  Create a brand presence – Create an account & start to take photos of your posting photos that help tell your business story business, product or •  Build a community and engage with them - Find event and share them ways to connect with your followers and give them via social media sites opportunities to engage with and talk about your on Instagram brand. •  Monitor your activity - Use the Instagram API to access your own content and/or user generated content based on username, hashtag or location
7. Step 1: Create a brand presence1.  Create an Instagram account via the app – a business account is the same as a user account2.  Update your proﬁle information. Be sure to include a name, proﬁle photo, bio and a link to your brand website.3.  Start posting photos relevant to your brand4.  Connect accounts. Link your account to Twitter, Facebook and any other social media channel that your brand uses. For instructions, visit help.instagram.com
8. Step 2: Build a community and engage with them1.  Get followers by including a “follow me” button on your other properties and linking users to your Instagram web proﬁle. Connecting your Instagram account to your Facebook Page and Twitter account will alert your followers that you’ve joined Instagram.2.  Use hashtags to create collections of photos for speciﬁc events or campaigns. Invite users to participate by tagging their own photos. Here are some tips for using hashtags.3.  Reply to comments on your photos by checking the photos in your account and your news feed notiﬁcations4.  Use @ mentions to reference a speciﬁc user. The @mention will link to the user’s Instagram proﬁle and the user will get a notiﬁcation in their news feed.5.  Extend conversation into your Facebook and Twitter communities by sharing the content you post on Instagram to your Facebook page and Twitter feed.
9. Step 3: Monitor your activityUse the photos to gain insights about yourusers. Understand how and where peopleare engaging with your brand.1.  Monitor and respond to the comments on your photos2.  Search hashtag and location pages for your brand/business.3.  Use the Instagram API to pull in content by hashtag, location tag or username.
10. 5 tips for leveraging Instagram
11. Tip #1: Bring your brand to life through photos1.  Use photos that tell your brand story and showcase your product2.  Utilize photos people can’t see anywhere else: sneak peaks of upcoming events, behind the scenes shots, archived/historical photos, current marketing assets3.  Stay authentic to your brand, just like you should on Facebook
12. Tip #2: Extend Instagram conversations on Facebook1.  Make sure you post to Facebook and Twitter as well when you post to Instagram2.  When you post from Instagram to Facebook, your photos show up in your fans news feed just like other posts on Facebook3.  Start conversations with your fans on Facebook with your Instagram photos4.  Extend the reach of your Instagram photos through promoted posts and Page post ads
13. Tip #3: Experiment and learn about your audience1.  Use different types of photos and post at varying frequencies2.  Listen to feedback from your users and adjust3.  Post consistently, but spread your thoughts out so you don’t over-post to your followers4.  Change perspective – sign up for a personal account so you get a sense for the user experience and the images that are most interesting
14. Tip #4: Bring the Instagram experience intoyour own platforms1.  Use the Instagram API to showcase your Instagram presence on your website, Facebook page or other online properties2.  Use this to bring emotion and rich visuals to your brand
15. Tip #5: Leverage Facebook and Instagram to get themost out of your campaigns (GE?)1.  Incorporate Instagram into upcoming events or campaigns by publishing an engaging series of photos with hashtags or geotags2.  Promote your campaigns and the hashtags3.  Allow people to engage with the photos in other channels like Facebook4.  Monitor engagement and respond to your followers
16. Additional resourcesWe’ve put together some tips and resources to help you get started usingInstagram for your brand or organization•  Getting Started with Instagram. This is a quick guide for how to set up and start using your Instagram account•  Instagram for Business Help Center. The Help Center provides resources and answers to frequently asked questions•  Business Blog. The blog highlights great brand accounts, community engagement, unique API examples and general tips for how to manage a brand account.•  API Developer Page. The site provides detailed information for developers using the Instagram API