Presentation by :
QR codes in the Classroom
What is a QR Code?
QR Codes also known as
Quick Response Codes
A series of black and white
squares embedded with
information much like a UPC
Any device with a camera
and internet access can read
a QR Code through an
How are QR Codes
Enter information into a QR
Code Generator online or
through an App.
Most sites will let you
choose to either download
the QR Code as a JPEG or
Embed into another program
Information able to be embedded into a QR Code:
Professional Contact information, Website URL’s, Video Links, Text, Google Maps.
QR codes are easier for the camera to read with less detail.
A long URL Address requires a more detailed QR code.
Online programs such as goo.gl can shorten any URL address to make
them more manageable.
Long URL Address
Original URL Address
Goo.gl also allows you to track your QR codes.
Simply type in a “+” symbol at the end of your condensed URL in the web address bar.
The students have the technology at their finger tips.
Why not let them use it wisely?
• Reduce Human Error
• URL’s written out can be incorrect when the
student tries to visit a site at a later time.
• A zero (0) could also be an upper case O.
• Extra support information
• Easy access to presentations and support
information when completing homework
Link to an ebook,
Direct to an
Connect to your
QR codes can be
integrated into images
thru websites such as
Digital Business card.
Once scanned the
information will be directly
added into phone as a
Edvard Munch, The Scream
Leonardo Da Vinci, The Mona Lisa
Claude Monet, Poplars
Web Quest Scavenger Hunt
• Attach QR codes to images of art around the classroom
• Each QR Code will direct the student to a piece of information
about the artist, historical context, or media used.
• A set of questions relating to each piece will be written on the board.
• Students will team up, and find the piece of art that corresponds to the
questions, using the QR Code information to assist in answering the
• The team with the most correct answers at the end of the allotted time
Scan the QR code above to download link to presentation.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.