Organizational Performance Improvement
Companies typically implement “change” for the purpose of driving
improvements in organizational performance.
• Objectives typically include:
• Cheaper – Lower cost
• Better – Higher quality
• Faster – Less time
• Customer Satisfaction – Happier customers
• Quality of Work Life – Happier employees
The only way to accomplish these goals is to change the way people work.
• This means changing your business processes:
o What is done
o How it is done
o Who does it
o When it is done
• This always creates organizational disruption.
How Akili Defines OCM
• A conscious, deliberate, and collaborative effort to…
o proactively help people (individuals, groups, and departments)
understand and choose to embrace, as quickly as possible, the…
− procedural, and
o changes that will be introduced with the implementation of any change
o and to accomplish that objective with the least possible degree of
disruption to business operations.
Why? Because disruption is expensive.
OCM Pursues Balanced Solutions
The Iron Triangle of Success
Akili focuses on business needs as much as technical needs. Our projects are not
deemed complete or successful until the stated technical and human objectives
have been met.
Akili’s logo reflects our
commitment to the delivery
of balanced solutions.
OCM is about success and survival
• It’s not just about “soft stuff” or “touchy feely” – That notion is false!
• It’s about Organizational Agility
o The best adaptors survive
• It’s about achieving your technical and human objectives
o Success = Implementations are On-time and On-budget
Akili’s approach to CM is a best practice methodology focused
on that goal.
We achieve that by promoting…
• Strong Sponsorship
• High Collaboration
o (Leadership, End Users, IT & IT Partners)
• Vigilant Listening
• Leverage good tools to provide constant and timely delivery of Great
Quickly & Effectively = Competitive Advantage
Value Proposition – Adoption & Usage
Adoption Usage Benefits
Adoption Usage Benefits
Why does Change Management matter?
• We assert that it’s about Realized Benefits!
• The people dependent portion of Project ROI
• …because 75% to 100% of the benefits you expect to realize from change
initiatives depends directly upon employee adoption and usage!
Akili’s Engagement Methodology
Our Approach Incorporates Prosci’s ADKAR & 3-Phase Models
DA K A R
Managing Change Reinforcing
Strategy Plans Measures
Phase 1 Phase 2 Phase 3
Extended Engagement Zone Engagement Zone
Awareness Desire Knowledge Ability Awareness