3. SunA yellow ball in the dark blue skyRays of fire shine in every directionHot as a freshly baked pieStraight out of the ovenProviding a cozy blanket of light.
4. ResponseI used simile and the observation door. I wrotethis one about the sun when I was at the beach.It was easy since I had written 5 poems aboutthis. I also had some help from the green poembook that Mrs.Melhorn gave us.
5. NatureMother Earth’s childThe human supplierThe one thing we need for our survivalIf it’s that important why do we destroy it?
6. ResponseI used world issues door. I wrote this becausewanted to let people know the importance ofnature. This was hard for me because I was notvery sure what to write about.
7. SeaHuge waves crash upon the shoreThe sound like a thousand dictionaries Falling all at once. Sea gulls squawk over the sound of the waves Squawk Squawk Squawk Flying in the bright blanket of sunlight Children run in and out of the waves screaming. Don’t go into the water mom says. Why is she so protective?
8. ResponseI used the SIX door poem and a little bit ofrepetition. I wanted to do a happy memory andI really liked this time (besides the part when Iwas not allowed in the water). It was not toohard to write it since I find happy memorieseasier.
9. TreesAs tall as a giantAncientcovered by a blanket of leavesthey dance in the windthe tree branches reach for thesapphire sky dotted with vanilla colored clouds.
10. ResponseI used the metaphor, personification andObservation’s Door. This poem was easy becauseI just had to think of all the things I thoughtabout when I saw a tree. I made a list. (Coveredin leaves, Old, leaves flying, tall, branches,crumbling so on). I picked out the stuff I likedand highlighted it in yellow.
11. The Start of the DayThe bright sunlight fills the skyThe sun a giant lightbulbsFlicking on flicking offBrightness overcomes the blanket of darkness that was nightThe shiny darkness that was the moon is the sunthe golden stars are ice cream colored cloudsIt is the start of a new day.
12. ResponseI used metaphor and simile. This poem was hardto write because I did not have any idea what towrite about in this poem. I think that this tookthe longest to write.
13. Fish and SharkThe fish zooms through the dark murky waterA shark follows hard on its tailThe water parts to let it throughthe fish zooms up and downThe shark follows with out the slightest hesitationCHOMP!!
14. I used the observation door. I wrote this when Isaw a shark eating a tuna fish (it was alreadydead) at an aquarium. I did not want to watch asthe shark ripped it apart.
15. Ending ReﬂectionI chose this topic because all of my poems wereabout nature. I had 10 poems and 9/10 were allabout nature my other poem Light bulb was theonly one that I liked not about nature. You canfind it on my blog with two other poems Sea andRobin. I think I am a better poet than I thought.