7. Improve negotiating/closing skills - Anticipate objections, rehearse, learn scripts, close, close, close. - Earning potential is directly related to your closing ability. - Some were born to negotiate, others learn how. 14
• Firmness, with passion and most of all with confidence. • Read the seller, especially their nonverbal signs. • You have to be able to listen and hear their reaction. • Always, always, always, acknowledge what their objections are. 15
• “I can appreciate that…I agree…I understand…That’s a valid concern.” • Caution about using the word “but.” • Once you have said “I agree” or “I understand,” you can use the word ‘and’ as a segues. • If you can get them to tell you specifically what causes them to feel that way, what causes them to believe that. 16
• “Has there ever been a time that you felt like this?” • Ultimately gaining trust, respect, and confidence is critical for someone to regularly do lots of business. • You are the expert - you have to give them the confidence that you have the answers and that they should trust you. 17
- Close, Close, Close (more scripts) 1. Where do you want to start? Do you want to start with the paperwork? (Always be closing.) 2. 100% of the time where the seller took my advice, I was able to sell their property. 18
At 212 degrees water turns to steam and steam powers a locomotive.
The results of one degree more of effort over a year or a career can lead so extraordinary results.
11. Master your listing presentation a. You need to be able to deliver on demand. 23
You need to articulate: b. What a seller can control: - Price. - Condition. - Commission being offered. - Who markets their property. 24
c. What a seller can not control: - Economy. - Real Estate market. - Other properties prices. - Location. 25
MASTER YOUR RE/MAX VALUE PROPOSITIONS Explain your unfair advantage. 26
Master your value propositions - It could be your expertise. - List to sale/price ratio. - Transaction count compared to an average agent. 27
- Market share. - Specific type of property market share. - Enthusiasm. - Internet marketing expertise. 28
Master your firms value proposition - Transaction count per agent. - Sales volume per agent. - Market share. 29
On demand in 60 seconds or less, you need to be able to tell the seller why you are the realtor for them. Why Should A Seller List With You? Mr. and Mrs. Seller there are 6 important points I want to leave with you: 1. I have been able to successfully sell 100% of the listings I have taken in this market where the seller has followed my total and complete advice. 2. I have developed a comprehensive marketing plan that takes into account the power of the internet to help create maximum exposure for your home. 30
3. I know the market and what the competition is. 4. I am part of RE/MAX, the largest real estate company in the world with offices in 83 countries and part of RE/MAX Masters, one of the area’s leading firms. 5. My negotiating skills have allowed me to put deals together where others have not been able to in this market. 6. I want to represent you and I will do everything in my power to gain and maintain your trust and to sell your property for the maximum price the market will allow. 31
He refers to the dates on her tomb stone from the beginning to the end.
He said what mattered most of all was the dash between those years. For that dash represents all the time that she spent alive on earth and now only those who loved her know what that little line is worth.
For it matters not, how much we own, the cars, the house, the cash, what matters is how we live and love and how we spend our dash.
When you believe and think “I can,” you activate your motivation, commitment, confidence, concentration and excitement – all of which relate directly to achievement. ~ Dr. Jerry Lynch 49
21. Determine your actions/next steps based on…
What one single change in your career , business, lifestyle would boost you to the next level?
Visualize how your life would change as a result of accomplishing this goal. What would you be doing, seeing and feeling?
Focus on always taking your next action based on what is important now and you will have a great chance of winning the majority of the days, weeks and months so you end up with a great next 12 months.
What is Important Now 50
Procrastination is opportunity’s natural assassin. ~ Victor Kiam 51
Adversity causes some people to break; others to break records. ~ William A. Ward 52
You can have total success when you balance your physical, mental and spiritual, as well as your personal, family and business life. ~ ZigZiglar 53
You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. ~ Joe Sabah 54
TAKE ACTION You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. 55
Take A Shot You’ll always miss 100% of the shots You don’t take. 56
PERSEVERANCE Go over, Go under, Go around, Or go through, But never give up. 57
EXCELLENCE Excellence is not an act. It’s a habit. ~Aristotle 58