3. The Moon<br /><ul><li>The Moon is our closest neighbour in space.
4. It is a rocky, airless world that orbits Earth.
5. The Moon is Earth's only natural satellite.
6. Most of the other planets in our solar system also have moons</li></li></ul><li>The phases of the moon<br />://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXseTWTZlks<br />
7. Fivefacts about our moon<br />The distance between the moon and the earth is about 384 000 kilometres<br />To drive to the moon by car at 70 km/hour would take 135 days!<br />The Moon’s gravity pulls on the Earth’s oceans<br />
8. Fivefacts about our moon<br />The four major moon phases are:<br />New<br />First quarter<br />Full<br />Last quarter<br />Man landed on the moon in 1969. <br />
9. Astronauts’ footprint on the Moon<br />There is no air on the moon so this footprint should last for many millions of years. <br />
10. Moon Facts Activity<br />Work in groups of three<br />Find 10 more interesting facts about the Moon and make a list<br />Use the books and websites provided<br />
11. Moon Phases Diary<br /><ul><li> Handout – Moon Phases Diary sheet</li></ul>You are going to create a Moon Phases Diary<br />Every second night at 7pm you are to look at the moon<br />Record the shape you see into the circles on your handout<br />