3. but…<br />…of the 133 million blogs tracked by Technorati…<br />…only 7.4 million have been updated in previous 120 days…<br />…meaning 95 percent of blogs are dormant….<br />…it is estimated that 50-100k generate most traffic…<br />…although hits aren’t everything…<br />…and there are still 7-10 million active blogs<br />
5. Is Blogging Dead?<br />No<br />
6. instead…<br />blogging has evolved<br /><ul><li>micro-blogging
9. TechChruch sold for R176,000,000.00<br />
10. <ul><li>1997: Jorn Barger introduced we-blog term
11. 1999: Peter Merholz converted weblog into we-blog. The term blog was born!
12. First blogging services started
13. Bradley Fitzpatrick started Livejournal in 1999
14. Evan Williams and Meg Hourihan (Pyra Labs) made ‘Blogger’ in August ’99. (Now Google owns Blogger)
15. 2001: Popular blogs came into being, blogging started becoming a craze.
16. 2002: Politicians, movie stars, everyone started embracing blogs.
17. 2004: Tsunamis- Bloggers unite, making blogs a social movement!</li></li></ul><li>What is a Blog?<br /><ul><li>A website where entries (or posts) are written in chronological order and commonly displayed in reverse chronological order
18. Accessible to any internet user
19. It is a web application which contains periodic time-stamped posts on a common webpage
20. A blog is often published through a content management system or CMS.</li></li></ul><li>What Is A Blog?<br />www.kingross.co.za<br />
21. What Is A Blog?<br />www.rlabs.org<br />
22. What Is A Blog?<br />www.marlonparker.co.za<br />
23. Top Reasons People Blog<br /> The most popular reason that people blog is to keep friends and family updated. <br /> Bloggers also blog to get published or featured in traditional media, to speak their minds, to connect with people, to share expertise.<br /> To enhance their resumes, attract clients and to make money.<br />
24. Words To KnowaBlog<br />A typical blog combines text, images, video’s and links to other blogs<br />A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web, Published frequently <br />
25. Words To Know Blogger<br /> someone who keeps a blog is a “blogger<br />A contributor to a blog or online journal<br />
26. Words To KnowBlogging<br /> The process of updating a blog is “blogging”<br />
27. Blogging TipsDo’s<br />Write as though you are talking to someone<br />Be interesting<br />Include links to other blogs and websites<br />Keep a list of ideas for future posts<br />Post comments on other blogs<br />
28. Blogging TipsDont’s<br />Make the articles too long<br />Forget to edit your article before posting it<br />Use inappropriate or highly technical words<br />personal information or company secrets on your blog <br />