- For each of the following sets of variables, what is the proper axis?
- City – x; average rain fall – y
- Max. upload speed & type of modem
- Type of modem – x; max upload speed – y
- Relate densities of matter.
- Apply density to other measurements.
- How closely packed together the atoms and molecules of a substance are.
- Amount of mass per unit of volume.
- Measured in grams per milliliter or grams per cubic centimeter. (Which one depends on how the volume was measured.)
- Particles are far apart with lots of space between them.
- A large volume has a small mass.
- Particles are close together with little space in between them.
- A small volume has a lot of mass.
- Less dense objects float.
- Water has a density of 1.0 g/mL.
- Draw a density column containing water, alcohol (0.74 g/mL) and oil (0.88 g/mL).
- Where would a block, with a density of 0.95 g/mL rest if it were placed in the column?