• Machine Vision
Solutions for OEMs /
Machine vision (MV) is the application of computer vision
to industry and manufacturing. Whereas computer vision is
the general discipline of making computers see (understand
what is perceived visually), machine vision, being an
engineering discipline, is interested in digital input/output
devices and computer networks to control other
manufacturing equipment such as robotic arms and
equipment to eject defective products. Machine Vision is a
subfield of engineering that is related to computer science,
optics, mechanical engineering, and industrial automation.
One of the most common applications of Machine Vision is the inspection of manufactured
goods such as semiconductor chips, automobiles, food and pharmaceuticals. Just as human
inspectors working on assembly lines visually inspect parts to judge the quality of
workmanship, so machine vision systems use digital cameras, smart cameras and image
processing software to perform similar inspections.
Customers & Industries
Food & beverage
Health & beauty
Types of Vision Systems
Processing and Image
capture done on the
Cost-effective compared to
PC based system
Not as flexible in terms of
available resolutions and
In built I/O
Highly customizable based
on requirements (ex: high
resolution cameras, line
scan systems, etc.)
Requires More engineering
time to integrate the
Requires separate I/O
Hybrid of the two
Offers an embedded
controller (PC) typically of
Plug n Play with compatible
More powerful than smart
Can be interfaced with
multiple cameras, etc.
In built I/O
• BOA - A fully integrated vision system in a
small, industrial proof enclosure with
embedded software .
• Choice of 3 Models : BOA Express, BOA IDR
& BOA PRO.
• Resolution from 640 x 480 to 1600 x 1200.
• IP67 rated & 360° direct mounting.
• Capable of Image/data logging + runtime
• Factory protocol (Modbus, Ethernet/IP,
• Supports HMI, iDisplay for PC’s .
• Option for IO expansion.
• Combines the benefit of PC based
& smart camera system.
• Supports Multiple, Mono/Color
area scan & line scan cameras.
• Options to select
Firewire, Camera link & GigE
• iNspect ( basic ) & Sherlock
( advance) software selection.
• VGA to user defined sensor
• Allows long distances between
controller & inspection point.
Digital Cameras – Basler
A wide range of USB, Firewire, GigE,
Cameralink & Line scan cameras
from Basler at a great price
Vision Inspection Software
• iNspect – Easy for novice users, flexible
• Sherlock – Power & Flexibility for
for advanced applications
Supported by analog (via Vision
Appliance), Firewire or GigE camera
Direct support for PLCs and factory
Inline and background scripting
Full featured Emulator for offline editing
Administration control and data logging
experienced vision integrators.
Comprehensive suite of image
preprocessors, vision tools and
Supports camera choice to best suite
the application, including line scan
Supports mixing of camera types
Allows customers to develop their
own operator interface
Machine Vision Lighting
• Back Lights - For transparent
objects and dimensioning
• Line lights for lines can
• DOAL lights for surface texture
• Diffuse lights – to suppress
reflections from shiny objects
• Collimated – for improved
• Structured light for 3D
• Colored light - for contrast
Collimated Back light for
Line light for web inspection
Machine Vision Lenses
• C / CS mount lenses for area scan
• F mount lens for line scan
• Custom lenses depends on the
field depth & magnification &
• Varifocal & Monofocal lenses.
• Manual & motorized zoom lenses
• Telecentric / Pericentric lenses.
• Polyview / Boroscopic / Hole
• Lens extenders.