2. Addressable VoiceMarketing Media Evolution Mobile Email SMS Mobile Email SMS + MMS IM IM IM IM Email Email Email Email Direct Mail Direct Mail Direct Mail Direct Mail Direct Mail Telephone Telephone Telephone Telephone Telephone TV TV TV TV TV Radio Radio Radio Radio Radio Print Print Print Print Print Display Display Display Display Display Website Website Website Website Search Search Search Search Online Display Online Display Online Display Online Display Paid Search Paid Search Paid Search Landing Pages Landing Pages Landing Pages Microsites Microsites Microsites Online Video Online Video Online Video Affiliate Marketing Webinars Affiliate Marketing Webinars Affiliate Marketing Webinars Blogs Blogs RSS RSS Podcasts Podcasts Wikis Wikis Social Networks Social Networks Mobile Web Behavioral Mobile Web Social Media & Ads Virtual Worlds Widgets Twitter
3. Marketing hasshifted from aone-waybroadcast to atwo-wayconversation.
4. Customers are Demanding They expect informa1on, oﬀers and invita1ons that are: Personal Relevant Timely
5. Word of Mouth Search Engine Sponsored Marketing Events Webinars Direct Mail PublicRelations Website Trade Shows Online PrintAdvertising Advertising Corporate Broadcast Blogs Advertising Social Networks
6. Email: The Backbone of Customer Engagement The Customer Life Cycle Website Product Product Product Repurchase/ Brand Visit Evaluation Purchase Usage Renewal Loyalty Business GeBng Business Keeping
7. BEST BUY STAYSCONNECTED AFTER THE SALE
8. SEND “CO-BRANDED”EMAIL TO HELP DEALERS DRIVE LEADS• Genworth Financial sends co-‐branded email campaigns to agents “on-‐behalf” of the Broker General Agent (BGA) • These emails strengthen the BGA’s rela1onship with agents and aPract new business.
9. As of 11/10
10. 75% of social media users say email isthe best way for companies tocommunicate with them. MarketingSherpa, 2010
11. The Power of Video Since Milwaukee Tools began including links to video showing its tools in ac1on, website traﬃc has increased 36%!
12. Milwaukee Tools Launched METToolTV on YouTube in November 2008 • 62 Videos Uploaded • 217, 412 Videos Viewed
13. DREAMFIELD’S INVITES CUSTOMERS TO SPREAD THE WORD!
14. Whole Foods Leverages TwiPer • 1,804,829 Followers • Tweets respond to customer ques1ons, and invite customers to opt-‐in to Whole Foods’ email newslePer
15. Regarding TwiPer . . . Whole Foods Chicago Uses TwiPer Too! • 56% of ollowers 1or @WholeFoodsCHI 6,473 F Fortune f00 companies engage customers via TwiPer • Tweets highlight in-‐store events, promote • TwiPer ﬀers, and answer customer engage special o users are 2X more likely to with brands ques1ons than users of other social networks
16. EMAIL DOMINATES MOBILE WEB TIME34% of all US mobile subscribers used email on their phone in May 2010. Source: Pew Research Center, 2010
17. EMAIL + MOBILE RETAIL SALES ACCELERATO RRedemp1on rates for mobile coupons are between 5-‐20 %. Source: Cellﬁre, 2010
18. PIER 1 USES SMS TO ADD NEW EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS
19. Belk Uses Facebook and Email toInvite Sign-up for Mobile Alerts
20. Ally Bank InvitesCustomers to Text for Latest Rates 35
21. Facts • Started in Spring 2000 • Subscribers: 1,500,000+ ScoPs Uses Lawn Care Update. . . • To Educate Consumers • To Drive Traﬃc to Channel Partners • To Create Brand Advocates Content is Personalized based on: • Consumer’s Grass Type • Consumer’s Zip Code (Climate Zone) • Weed and Insect Problems www. EXACTTARGETinA CTION .com
22. The Anatomy of Lawn Care Update • 355 total unique lawn/region combos • 165 regions the US • 8 grass types or blends • Regionalized Vps, advice, special oﬀers • Links to arVcles, blog, videos, and “Sco[s Insider” discussion groups www. EXACTTARGETinA CTION .com
23. Blogs at ScoPs.com • Wri[en by Ashton Ritchie and other industry experts • Reinforces recommendaVons made in Lawn Care Update
24. Forums at ScoPs.com • Most popular (despite decreasing popularity within the US Internet PopulaVon) • Enables interacVon with Sco[s consumer service www. lawn consultants EXACTTARGETinA CTION .com
25. Thx 4 ur interest in ScottsLawn Care Updatemonthly email. Reply BAT[space] ur email address(ex:BAT firstname.lastname@example.org) 2complete sign-up. H helpStd rates apply
26. LAWN CARE UPDATE PRODUCES RESULTSLawn Care Update Subscribers . . . Apply 16% more ScoPs fer1lizer per year than those who don’t subscribe. Are twice as likely to apply the recommended ScoPs product.
27. Monthly Email for End-‐Users
28. The Monthly eMail NewslePer delivers latest news on Volvo products and services to 85,000 customers. 1. Dynamic Content – Volvo designed the email template to allow for dynamic content. Through integraVon with Microsoc CRM, Volvo changes arVcles and product news arVcles based on user interests. 2. Interac1ve Func1onality – Adding video links has allowed Volvo to gather immediate feedback on product interest. 3. Analy1cs – The analyVcs from this eMail are used for to capture customer insight and interests and aid re-‐ design. 4. Performance Metrics – Average 12% Open Rate – Average a 7% Click Through Rate
29. Used Equipment Volvo RemarkeVng Services Weekly Inventory List
30. The Remarke1ng Email is for select customers who request used equipment alerts. 1. Naviga1on – In its new design, Volvo added a Table of Contents secVon with links to arVcles and product news updates. These links have increased website traﬃc 30%. 2. Content Syndica1on – Volvo dynamically displays used equipment based on subscriber preferences. Content syndicaVon has reduced eMail build Vme by approximately 30-‐40% by automaVcally capturing content from websites. 3. Response Metrics – – Average 21% Open Rate – Average a 11% Click Through Rate
31. Volvo Construc1on Marke1ng Technology • All email planned and executed through integra1on of email and CRM • Leads get to Volvo sales reps www.volvoce.com more quickly Landing Pages, Registra1on Pages • Eliminates manual lead entry Product Microsites, Webcasts / Podcasts Total Integra1on • Ability to measure Campaign Tracking & Lead Scoring of Customer Data campaign eﬀecVveness Email and Social Media Communica1ons Marke1ng Database
32. CustomerVCE maintains all Informationcustomer data in one Analytics Sales (New/ Used)central database. • Enables “one view” of the customer. Lead Score Warranty Data• Allows faster communicaVon with 360° Viewcustomers • Provides be[er Social Media Credit Statusmeasurement of campaign ROI MarCom Surveys History eCommerce
33. Volvo CE leads Data cleansingExternal leadsCustomer dataMarketing data Auto-generated salesman reports Dynamic eMail
34. * Does Not Include Used Machine or Parts/Service Sales, and/or Leases.
35. 10 Tips for Effective DigitalMarketing
36. 10 Tips for Effective Digital Marketing1. Design your websites(s) to engage visitors. Provide multiple opportunities on site to subscribe to email.2. Use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to attract prospective email subscribers to your website.3. Use direct response text (SMS) at events to make it easy for customers to opt-in to your email program.4. Send a Welcome Email to each new subscriber. Thank them for subscribing. (Optional: Invite new subscribers to download coupon for purchase.)5. Create a Subscriber Preference Center. Use it to identify customer needs and interests.
37. 10 Tips for Effective Digital Marketing6. Develop email programs that deliver information, offers and invitations that “serve” the customer.7. Pre-Sale. Use email to provide information that aids the customer’s decision-making process.8. Post-Sale. Use email to enhance the product usage experience. Invite customers to share their knowledge and experience (Testimonials, Video).9. Leverage social media (YouTube, Blog, Twitter). This creates more awareness of your product and attracts website visitors.10. Automate email communications by integrating email technology with CRM and e-commerce systems.
38. How 1,500 adults use Email, Facebook & Twitter.How to get the 6 part report: • Text the word “research” followed by your email address to 38767 • Go to www.ExactTarget.com/SFF
39. Whether you’re a savvy designer, a marketer, or an execu1ve, our new Design Toolkit has everything you need to improve your interac1ve design. In this three-‐part kit, we’ll help you master three important facets of interacVve design: 1. Design Philosophy. Seven Design Principles That Will Drive Customer Engagement 2. Taking Design Beyond Email. 5 Easy Ways to Improve Conversions Across All Interac=ve Channels 3. Designing for Today. Eight Tips on Designing for Outlook 2007 and 2010 Go to the RESOURCES sec1on of www.exacParget.com or hPps://3sixty.exacParget.com
40. ExactTarget’s New Digital Marke1ng Resource Guide Stay Current!! • Websites and Blogs • eNewslePers • Books and Whitepapers • Industry Organiza1ons / Associa1ons • Conferences