1. Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012 www.employmentnews.gov.in 17 UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION EXAMINATION NOTICE NO.10/2012-CDS-II DATED : 02.06.2012 (LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS : 02.07.2012) COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION (II), 2012 [INCLUDING SSC WOMEN (NON-TECHNICAL) COURSE] (COMMISSIONS WEBSITE : www.upsc.gov.in) No. 8/1/2012-E.I(B)- A Combined Defence 110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice Services Examination will be conducted by candidates and Naval HQ DMPR, (IO&R the Union Public Service Commission on IMPORTANT Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena 16th September, 2012 for admission to the 1. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION: Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy undermentioned courses:- The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions first choice candidates and PO 3 (A)/Air for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be Name of the Course and Approximate No. Headquarters, J Block, Room No. 17, Opp. purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. of Vacancies. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her 1. Indian Military Academy, 250 candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first Dehradun 135th Course Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be taken up only choice candidates by 13th May, 2013. To commencing in July, 2013 after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test. be eligible to compete for reserved [including 32 vacancies 2. How to Apply vacancies the candidates should have reserved for NCC ‘C’ Candidates are required to apply online only, by using the website served for not less than two academic years Certificate (Army Wing) www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions are available on the abovementioned website. in the Senior Division Army Wing and three holders]. Brief instructions for filling up the Online Application Form have been given in the Appendix II. academic years in the Senior Division Air 3. LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: Wing/Naval Wing of National Cadet Corps 2. Indian Naval Academy, 40 The Online Applications can be filled upto 2nd July, 2012 till 11.59 PM after which the link will and should not have been discharged from Ezhimala-Course be disabled. the NCC for more than 24 months for IMA/ Commencing in July 4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks Indian Naval Academy/Air Force Academy 2013, Executive (Hydro/ before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will courses on the last date of receipt of General Service) (including be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by Application in the Commission’s Office. 06 vacancies reserved candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are NOTE 2 : In the event of sufficient number of required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up Online application qualified NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing/ for NCC C Certificate form as the commission may use electronic mode for contacting them. Senior Division Air Wing/Naval Wing) holders holders (Naval Wing). not becoming available on the results of the 5. PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS : 3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad 32 Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers examination to fill all the vacancies reserved (Pre-Flying) Training Course marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers. for them in the Indian Military Academy commencing in July, 2013 6. For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [Answer Sheet], candidates must Course/Air Force Academy Course/Indian i.e. No.194th F(P) Course. use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink Naval Academy Course, the unfilled pen. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the "Special Instructions" contained in reserved vacancies shall be treated as 4. Officers Training Academy, 175 Appendix-III of the Notice. unreserved and filled by general candidates. Chennai, 98th SSC Course (for 7. FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES : Men) commencing in October, Admission to the above courses will be In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. 2013. made on the results of the written candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or 5. Officers Training Academy, 15 over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between examination to be conducted by the 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs. Commission followed by intelligence and Chennai 12th SSC Women (Non- 8. MOBILE PHONES BANNED: personality test by the Services Selection Technical) Course commencing Board of candidates who qualify in the (a) Mobiles phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside in October, 2013. the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these written examination. The details regarding Note : The number of vacancies given instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations. the (a) Scheme, standard, syllabus of the above is tentative and may be changed at (b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items examination. (b) Instructions to candidates any stage by Services H.Q. including mobile phones/pagers or any valuable costly items to the venue of the for filling up the Online Application Form N.B. (I) (a) : A candidate is required to specify examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. (c) Special instructions to candidates for clearly in respective column of the Online objective type tests. (d) Guidelines with CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY ONLY THROUGH ONLINE MODE. Application the Services for which he/she NO OTHER MODE FOR SUBMISSIO OF APPLICATION IS ALLOWED. regard to physical standards for admission wishes to be considered in the order of his/ to the Academy and (e) Brief particulars of her preference. A male candidate is advised (d) : Candidates should note that, except as training even though they have not services etc. for candidates joining the to indicate as many preferences as he provided in N.B. (II) below, they will be expressed their preference for SSC will be Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval wishes to, subject to the condition given at considered for appointment to those placed in the order of Merit List after the Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ paras (b) and (c) below, so that having courses only for which they exercise their last candidate who had opted for this Training Academy are given in Appendices regard to his rank in the order of merit due preference and for no other course(s). Course, as these candidates will be getting I, II, III, IV and V respectively. consideration can be given to his (e) : No request for addition/alteration in the admission to the Course to which they are 2. CENTRES OF EXAMINATION : preferences when making appointment. preferences already indicated by a candidate not entitled according to the preference The Examination will be held at the Since women candidates are eligible for in his/her application will be entertained by expressed by them. following Centres : OTA only, they should give OTA as their the Commission. No change of choice once (iii) Candidates with Air Force as first and AGARTALA GANGTOK PANAJI (GOA) first and only preference. exercised will be allowed. Second choice only choice cannot be considered as left AHMEDABAD HYDERABAD PATNA (b) (i) : If a male candidate is competing for will come for consideration only when the over for grant of SSC (OTA) if they fail in the AIZWAL IMPHAL PORT BLAIR Short Service Commission (Army) only, he first choice is not offered to the candidate by Pilot Aptitude Battery Test. Such candidates, Services HQ. When first choice is offered and if they desire to be considered for SSC (OTA) ALLAHABAD ITANAGAR RAIPUR should indicate OTA as the one and only choice. However, a male candidate a candidate declines the same, his/her should exercise their option for OTA also. BANGALORE JAIPUR RANCHI competing for Short Service Commission candidature will be cancelled for all other NOTE 1 : NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing/ BAREILLY JAMMU SAMBALPUR Course at OTA as well as permanent choices for regular commission. Senior Division Air Wing/Naval Wing) BHOPAL JORHAT SHILLONG commission course at IMA, Indian Naval N.B. (II) : The left-over candidates of IMA/ holders may also compete for the vacancies CHANDIGARH KOCHI SHIMLA Academy and Air Force Academy should Indian Naval Academy/Air Force Academy in the Short Service Commission Course CHENNAI KOHIMA SRINAGAR indicate OTA as his last preference, courses viz, those who have been but since there is no reservation of CUTTACK KOLKATA THIRUVANAN- otherwise OTA will be deemed to be the last recommended by the Union Public Service vacancies for them in this course, they will choice even if it is given a higher preference Commission for grant of permanent be treated as general candidates for the DEHRADUN LUCKNOW THAPURAM by the candidate. commission on the basis of the final results purpose of filling up vacancies in this course. DELHI MADURAI TIRUPATI (b) (ii) : Women candidates are being of this Examination, but who could not be Candidates who have yet to pass NCC ‘C’ DHARWAD MUMBAI UDAIPUR considered only for Short Service inducted on these courses for any reason Certificate (Army Wing/Senior Division Air DISPUR NAGPUR VISHAKHA- Commission at OTA. They should indicate whatsoever may be considered for grant of Wing/Naval Wing) examination, but are PATNAM OTA as the only choice. SSC even if they have not indicated their otherwise eligible to compete for the The centres and the date of holding the (c) : Candidates who desire to join Air Force choice for this course in their applications, if reserved vacancies, may also apply but examination as mentioned above are liable they are subsequently willing to be they will be required to submit the proof of Academy must indicate AFA as first choice, to be changed at the discretion of the considered for this course subject to the passing the NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing/ as they have to be administered pilot Commission. While every effort will be following conditions : Senior Division Air Wing/Naval Wing) aptitude battery test at one of the AFSB and made to allot the candidates to the centre (i) There is a shortfall after detailing all the examination to reach the Army HQ/Rtg. AF Medical at Central Medical of their choice for examination, the Establishment/Institute of Aviation candidates who competed for the SSC CDSE Entry for SSC male candidates and Commission may, at their discretion allot a Medicines. Choice exercised for AFA as Course; and SSC women entry for female candidates different centre to a candidate, when second/third etc. will be treated as invalid. (ii) The candidates who are detailed for West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi- Continued... "Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply."
2. 18 www.employmentnews.gov.in Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012circumstances so warrant. Candidates alternative certificates mentioned above. degree examination. Those candidates who then he/she must ensure that applicationadmitted to the examination will be Sometimes the Matriculation/Higher have yet to qualify in the final year Degree with the higher RID (Registration ID) isinformed of the time table and place or Secondary Examination Certificate does Examination and are allowed to appear in complete in all respects like applicants’places of examination. not show the date of birth, or only shows the UPSC Examination should note that this details, examination centre, phoograph,Candidates should note that no request the age by completed years or completed is only a special concession given to them. signature, fee etc. The applicants who arefor change of centre will be granted. years and months. In such cases a They are required to submit proof of passing submitting multiple applications should candidate must send in addition to the the Degree examination by the prescribed note that only the applications with higherNOTE : While filling in his/her online attested/certified copy of Matriculation/ date and no request for extending this date RID (Registration ID) shall be entertainedApplication Form, the candidates should Higher Secondary Examination Certificate will be entertained on the grounds of late by the Commission and fee paid againstcarefully decide about his/her choice for the an attested/certified copy of a certificate conduct of basic qualifying University one RID shall not be adjusted against anycentre for the examination. from the Headmaster/Principal of the Examination, delay in declaration of results other RID.If any candidate appears at a Centre/ or any other ground whatsoever. Institution from where he/she passsed the All candidates whether already inPaper other than the one indicated by Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examina- NOTE 2 : Candidates who are debarred Government Service including candidatesthe Commission in his/her Admission tion showing the date of his/her birth or by the Ministry of Defence from holding any serving in the Armed Forces, GovernmentCertificate, the papers of such a exact age as recorded in the Admission type of commission in the Defence Services owned industrial undertakings or othercandidate will not be valued and his/her Register of the Institution. shall not be eligible for admision to the similar organizations or in privatecandidature will be liable to cancellation. NOTE 1 : Candidates should note that only examination and if admitted, their employment should submit their3. CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY : candidature will be cancelled. applications online direct to the the Date of Birth as recorded in the(a) Nationality : A candidate must either be : Matriculation/Higher Secondary Exami- NOTE 3 : In the event of Air Force candidates Commission.(i) a Citizen of India, or nation Certificate or an equivalent certificate being suspended from Flying Training for N.B.I Persons already in Government(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or on the date of submission of applications failure to learn flying, they would be service, whether in permanent or will be accepted by the Commission and no absorbed in the Navigation/Administration/ temporary capacity or as work charged(iii) a subject of Nepal, or subsequent request for its change will be Logistic Branch of the IAF. This will be subject employees other than casual or daily rated(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India considered or granted. to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the employees or those serving under thebefore the 1st January, 1962 with the NOTE 2 : Candidates should also note that laid down qualitative requirements Public Enterprises are, however, requiredintention of permanently settling in India, or once a Date of Birth has been claimed by (including 60% in graduation). to inform their Head of Office/Department(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated them and entered in the records of the (d) Physical Standards : in writing that they have applied for thefrom Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East Commission for the purpose of admission Examination. Candidates must be physically fit accordingAfrican Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the to an Examination, no change will be to physical standards for admission to N.B.II Candidates serving in the ArmedUnited Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, allowed subsequently or at a subsequent Combined Defence Services Forces are required to inform theirMalawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with examination on any ground whatsoever. Examination (II), 2012 as per guidelines Commanding Officer in writing that theythe intention of permanently settling in India. NOTE 3 : The candidates should exercise given in Appendix-IV. have applied for this examination. They areProvided that a candidate belonging to due care while entering their date of birth. also required to submit NOC in this regard 4. FEE :categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall If on verification at any subsequent stage at the time of SSB interview.be a person in whose favour a certificate of Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST any variation is found in their date of birth Candidates should note that in case aeligibility has been issued by the candidates who are exempted from from the one entered in their Matriculation communication is received from theirGovernment of India. payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of or equivalent examination certificate, employer by the Commission withholding Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only)Certificate of eligibility will, however, not disciplinary action will be taken against permission to the candidates applying for/ either by depositing the money in anybe necessary in the case of candidates who them by the Commission under the Rules. appearing at the examination, their Branch of SBI by cash, or by using netare Gorkha subjects of Nepal. (c) Educational Qualifications : applications will be liable to be rejected/ banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.A candidate in whose case a certificate of (i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/Stateeligibility is necessary, may be admitted to Academy-Degree of a recognised Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State NOTE : APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THEthe examination provisionally subject to the University or equivalent. Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSIONnecessary certificate being given to him/ Credit/Debit Card. OF FEE IS CLAIMED AS IN PARA 4 ABOVE) (ii) For Indian Naval Academy : Degree inher by the Govt. before declaration of result OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS SHALL Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Note: 1. Candidates should note thatby UPSC. BE SUMMARILY REJECTED. Engineering or B.Sc. (with Physics or payment of examination fee can be made(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Mathematics) for NCC entry. only through the modes prescribed above. No representation or correspondence Payment of fee through any other mode is regarding such rejection shall be entertained(i) For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born (iii) For Air Force Academy : Degree of a neither valid nor acceptable. Applications under any circumstances. Candidates arenot earlier than 2nd July, 1989 and not later recognised University (with Physics and submitted without the prescribed fee/mode not required to submit alongwith theirthan 1st July, 1994 only are eligible. Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of (unless remission of fee is claimed) shall applications any certificate in support of their(ii) For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried Engineering. be summarily rejected. claims regarding age, educationalmale candidates born not earlier than 2nd Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/ qualifications, Scheduled Caste/ScheduledJuly, 1991 (2nd July, 1989 in case of NCC Air Force are to submit proof of graduation Note: 2. Fee once paid shall not be Tribe/OBC and fee remission etc.Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not provisional certificates on the date of refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other The candidates applying for thelater than 1st July, 1994 only are eligible. commencement of the SSB Interview at the examination or selection. examination should ensure that they fulfil(iii) For Air Force Academy-Unmarried SSB. all the eligibility conditions for admissionmale candidates born not earlier than 2nd Candidates who are studying in the final Note: 3. For the applicants in whose case to the examination.July, 1990 and not later than 1st July, 1994 year Degree course and have yet to pass payments detials have not been received from the bank they will be treated as Their Admission at all the stages ofonly are eligible. the final year degree examination can also fictitious payment cases and a list of all examination for which they are admitted(iv) For Officers Training Academy- (SSC apply but they will be required to submit such applicants shall be made available by the Commission viz. writtenCourse for Men) : Male candidates proof of passing the degree examination to on the Commission website within two examination and Interview Test will be(married or unmarried) born not earlier than reach the Army HQ/Rtg. CDSE Entry, West weeks after the last day of sumission of purely provisional, subject to their2nd July, 1988 and not later than 1st July, Block III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in online application. These applicants shall satisfying the prescribed eligibility1994 only are eligible. case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and also be intimated through e-mail to submit conditions. If on verification at any time Naval HQ “DMPR”, (OI & R Section) Room(v) For Officers Training Academy - (SSC copy of proof of their payment to the before or after the written examination or No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, NewWomen Non-Technical Course) Commission at the address mentioned in Interview Test, it is found that they do not Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choiceUnmarried Women, issueless widows who the e-mail. The applicant shall be required fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters,have not remarried and issueless to submit the proof within 10 days from the candidature for the examination will be ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan,divorcees (in possession of divorce date of such communication either by hand cancelled by the Commission. Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110011 indocuments) who have not remarried are case of Air Force first choice candidates by or by speed post to the Commission. In Candidates are advised to keep ready theeligible. They should have been born not the following dates failing which their case, no response is received from the following documents in original along withearlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not later candidature will stand cancelled : applicant their application shall be their attested copies soon after thethan 1st July, 1994. (i) For admission to IMA, Indian Naval summarily rejected and no further declaration of the result of the written partThe date of birth accepted by the Academy and Air Force Academy on or correspondence shall be entertained in of the examination which is likely to beCommission is that entered in the before 13th May, 2013. this regard. declared in the month of December, 2012Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving ALL FEMALE CANDIDATES AND for submission to the Army HQ/Naval HQ/ (ii) For admission to Officer’s TrainingCertificate or in a certificate recognised by CANDIDATES BELONGING TO Air HQ as the case may be : Academy, Chennai on or before 1stan Indian University as equivalent to August, 2013. SCHEDULED CASTES/SCHEDULED (1) Matric/Higher Secondary SchoolMatriculation or in an extract from a Register TRIBES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY ANY Certificate or its equivalent showing date Candidates possessing professional andof Matriculates maintained by a University FEE. NO FEE EXEMPTION IS, HOWEVER, of birth. (2) Degree/Provisional degree technical qualifications which are recognisedwhich must be certified by the proper AVAILABLE TO OBC CANDIDATES AND certificate/marks sheet showing clearly by government as equivalent to professionalauthority of the University or in the Higher THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PAY THE FULL having passed degree examination and and technical degrees would also be eligibleSecondary or an equivalent examination PRESCRIBED FEE. eligible for award of degree. for admission to the examination.certificate. These certificates are required to 5. HOW TO APPLY: In the first instance all qualified candidatesbe submitted only after the declaration of In exceptional cases the Commission may Candidates are required to apply On-line eligible for SSB interview will carry theirthe result of the written part of the treat a candidate, who does not possess any using the link www.upsconline.nic.in original Matric/Higher Secondary Schoolexamination. No other document relating to of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as Detailed instructions for filling up Online certificate as also their Degree/provisionalage like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts educationally qualified provided that he/she Applications are available on the above Degree certificate/marks sheet with themfrom Municipal Corporation, service records possesses qualifications, the standard of mentioned website. while going to the Services Selectionand the like will be accepted. which in the opinion of the Commission, Centres for SSB interview. Candidates who justifies his/her admission to the examination. The applicants are advised to submitThe expression Matriculation/Higher have not yet qualified the final year Degree NOTE 1 : Candidates, who have yet to pass only single application; however if due to examination must carry with them aSecondary Examination Certificate in this their degree examination will be eligible any unavoidable situation, if he/she certificate in original from the Principal ofpart of the instruction includes the only if they are studying in the final year of submits another/multiple applications,
3. Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012 www.employmentnews.gov.in 19 the College/Institution stating that the 7. CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE N.B. (ii) If a letter/communication is 8. ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE RESULTS candidate has appeared/is appearing at the COMMISSION/ARMY/NAVAL/AIR HEAD received from a candidate after an OF THE WRITTEN EXAMINATION, final year Degree examination. Candidates QUARTERS. examination has been held and it does not INTERVIEW OF QUALIFIED CANDIDA- who do not carry the above certificates with The Commission will not enter into any give his/her full name and Roll number, it TES, ANNOUNCEMENT OF FINAL them while going to the Services Selection correspondence with the candidates about will be ignored and no action will be taken RESULTS AND ADMISSION TO THE Centres shall not be allowed to appear for their candidature except in the following thereon. TRAINING COURSES OF THE FINALLY the SSB interview. No relaxation for non- cases: N.B. (iii) Candidates recommended by the QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. submission of the above certificates in (i) The eligible candidates shall be Commission for interview by the Services The Union Public Service Commission shall original at the selection centre is allowed, issued an e-Admission Certificate Selection Board who have changed their prepare a list of candidates who obtain the and candidates who do not carry with them three weeks before the addresses subsequent to the submission minimum qualifying marks in the written any of these certificates in original will not commencement of the examination. of their application for the examination examination as fixed by the Commission in be permitted to appear for their SSB test The e-Admission Certificate will be should immediately after announcement and interview and they will be sent back their discretion. Candidates who are made available in the UPSC website of the result of the written part of the home at their own expense. declared successful in the written exam will [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading examination notify the changed address, be detailed for intelligence and personality If any of their claims is found to be incorrect/ by candidates. No Admission along with an unstamped self addressed test at the Service Selection Board based false/fraud/fabricated they may render Certificate will be sent by post. envelope, also to Army Headquarters, on their preference, by the respective service themselves liable to disciplinary action by (ii) If a candidate does not receive his/ A.G’s Branch, Rtg. CDSE Entry Section for HQ. Results of the test conducted by Service the Commission in terms of the following her e-Admission Certificate or any males and SSC Women Entry Section for Selection Board will hold good for all the provisions : other communication regarding his/ women candidates, West Block-III, Ground Floor, Wing 1, Ramakrishnapuram, New courses (i.e. Indian Military Academy (DE) A candidate who is or has been declared her candidature for the examination Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first Course, Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy, by the Commission to be guilty of: three weeks before the choice candidates and Naval HQ (R&R Ezhimala Course, Air Force Academy (Pre- (i) obtaining support for his/her commencement of the examination, Flying) Course, Hyderabad and SSC (NT) candidature by any means, or he/she should at once contact the Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Course at OTA, Chennai) for which the (ii) impersonating, or Commission. Information in this candidate has qualified in the written exam, regard can also be obtained from the Navy first choice candidates, and PO 3 (iii) procuring impersonation by any (A)Air HQS. ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. irrespective of the service HQ conducting it. person, or Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Two-stage selection procedure based on (iv) submitting fabricated documents or Delhi-110011 in case of Air Force first Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence or over phone Nos. 011-23381125/ documents which have been choice candidates. Failure to comply with Test has been introduced at Service Selection 011-23385271/011-23098543. In tampered with, or this instruction will deprive the candidate Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage case no communication is received (v) making statements which are in the Commission’s Office from the of any claim to consideration in the event one test on first day of reporting at Selection incorrect or false or suppressing candidate regarding non-receipt of of his/her not receiving the summon letter Centres. Only those candidates who qualify material information, or his/ her e-admission certificate at for interview by the Services Selection at stage one will be admitted to the second (vi) resorting to any other irregular or least 3 weeks before the Board. For all queries regarding allotment stage/remaining tests and all those who fail improper means in connection with his/ examination, he/she himself/herself of centres, date of SSB interview, merit list, to pass stage one, will be returned. Only her candidature for the examination, or will be solely responsible for non- Joining Instructions, and any other relevant those candidates who qualify at stage two receipt of his/her e-admission information regarding selection process, will be required to submit photocopy each (vii) using unfair means during the Certificate. please visit website www.joinindianarmy. of:- (i) Matriculation pass certificate or examination, or nic.in or contact Recruiting Directorate on equivalent in support of date of birth. (ii) (viii) writing irrelevant matter, including No candidate will ordinarily be allowed Tele No.: (011) - 26173215 and Fax No.: obscene languages or pornographic to take the examination unless he/she Bachelors Degree/Provisional Degree 011-26196205 between 1400h to 1700h matter, in the script (s), or holds an e-admission certificate for the alongwith mark sheets of all the years/ on all working days in case of candidates (ix) misbehaving in any other manner in examination. On receipt of Admission semesters in support of educational having IMA or OTA as their first choice and the examination hall, or Certificate, check it carefully and bring qualification. PO3 (A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room discrepancies/errors, if any, to the Candidates will appear before the Services (x) harassing or doing bodily harm to the No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru notice of UPSC immediately. Selection Board and undergo the test there Staff employed by the Commission for Marg, New Delhi-110011 in the case of the conduct of their examination, or The courses to which the candidates candidates having Air Force as first choice at their own risk and will not be entitled to are admitted will be according to their and Naval HQ (R&R Section), Room No. claim any compensation or other relief from (xi) being in possession of or using mobile eligibility as per age and educational 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi- Government in respect of any injury which phone, pager or any electronic qualifications for different courses 110011 in the case of candidates having they may sustain in the course of or as a equipment or device or any other and the preferences given by the Navy as first choice. result of any of the tests given to them at the equipment capable of being used as candidates. Services Selection Board whether due to a communication device during the Candidates are requested to report for SSB examination, or The candidates should note that interview on the date intimated to them in the negligence of any person or otherwise. their admission to the examination the call up letter for interview. Requests for Candidates will be required to sign a (xii) violating any of the instructions will be purely provisional based on postponing interview will only be considered certificate to this effect on the form issued to candidates along with their the information given by them in the in very genuine circumstances and that too appended to the application. Admission Certificates permitting Application Form. This will be if it is administratively convenient for which them to take the examination, or To be acceptable, candidates should secure subject to verification of all the Army Headquarters/Air Headquarters/Naval (xiii) attempting to commit or as the case the minimum qualifying marks separately in eligibility conditions. HQ will be the sole deciding authority. Such may be abetting the commission of (i) written examination and (ii) SSB test as fixed (iii) If a candidate receives an e- requests should be sent to Selection Centre/ by the Commission and Service Selection all or any of the acts specified in the admission certificate in respect of SSB from where the call for SSB interview foregoing clauses, Board respectively in their discretion. The some other candidate on account of has been received. may in addition to rendering himself/ candidates will be placed in the order of merit handling error, the same should be Navy candidates can download their call herself liable to criminal prosecution on the basis of the total marks secured by them immediately brought to the notice of letters from the naval website be liable in the written examination and in the S.S.B. the Commission with a request to www.nausena-bharti.nic.in three weeks (a) to be disqualified by the tests. The form and manner of communication issue the correct e-admission after publication of results. Commission from the examination of the result of the examination to individual certificate. Candidates may note that for which he/she is a candidate N.B. In case a candidate does not get the candidates shall be decided by the they will not be allowed to take the and/or interview call for SSB interview for IMA by Commission in their discretion and the examination on the strength of an e- 4th week of February, 2013 and by 4th Commission will not enter into correspondence (b) to be debarred either permanently admission certificate issued in week of April, 2013 for OTA, he/she should with them regarding the result. or for a specified period respect of another candidate. write to Army Headquarters/Rtg. CDSE (i) by the Commission from any (iv) The decision of the Commission as Success at the examination confers no right Entry/ SSC Women Entry for Officers examination or selection held to the acceptance of the application of admission to the Indian Military Academy, Training Academy, 175, West Block-III, by them; of a candidate and his/her eligibility Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy Ramakrishnapuram, New Delhi-110066 or (ii) by the Central Government or otherwise for admission to the or the Officers’ Training Academy as the contact on telephone No. 26176028 from any employment under Examination shall be final. regarding non-receipt of the call-up letter. case may be. The final selection will be them; and (v) Candidates should note that the name made in order of merit subject to medical For similar query by the Navy/Air Force in the e-admission certificate in some fitness and suitability in all other respects (c) if he/she is already in service candidates, having first choice as given ibid, under Government to disciplinary cases, may be abbreviated due to and number of vacancies available. should write to Naval Hqrs. or Air Hqrs. as action under the appropriate rules. technical reasons. mentioned in N.B. III (in case of non-receipt NOTE: Every candidate for the Air Force Provided that no penalty under this rule (vi) Candidates must ensure that their of call by 4th week of February, 2013). and Naval Aviation is given Pilot Aptitude shall be imposed except after, e-mail IDs given in their applications (vii) Original certificates submission of– Test only once. The Grade secured by (i) giving the candidate an opportunity of are valid and active. Those candidates who qualify in the SSB him at the first test will therefore hold making such representation, in writing IMPORTANT : All communications to the interview will be required to submit their good for every subsequent interview at as he/she may wish to make in that Commission/Army Headquarters should original certificates alongwith two attested the Air Force Selection Board. Those who behalf; and invariably contain the following particulars. copies thereof in support of educational have failed Indian Navy Selection Board/ 1. Name and year of the examination. qualification at Services Selection Centre Pilot Aptitude Battery Test earlier and (ii) taking the representation, if any, after SSB interview. Those appearing for those who habitually wear spectacles are submitted by the candidate within the 2. Registration ID (RID) period allowed to him/her into Degree Examination will be required to not eligible for Air Force. 3. Roll Number (if received) consideration. submit their certificates by 13th May, 2013, TEST/INTERVIEW AT AIR FORCE 4. Name of candidate (in full and in block (1st August, 2013 in the case of SSC only). 6. LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF SELECTION BOARDS FOR THOSE letters) Instructions for the same will be given at APPLICATIONS : CANDIDATES WHO APPLY FOR AIR FORCE 5. Complete postal Address as given in the SSB. Original certificates will be returned THROUGH MORE THAN ONE SOURCE:- The Online Applications can be filled upto application with telephone number, if any. after verification. Certified true copies or 2nd July, 2012 till 11.59 PM after which There are three modes of entry into F (P) N.B. (i) Communications not containing the photostat copies of the certificates will not course viz. CDSE/NCC/Airmen. Candidates the link will be disabled. above particulars may not be attended to. be accepted in any case. who apply for the Air Force through more
4. 20 www.employmentnews.gov.in Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012than one source will be tested/interviewed Candidates for the Indian Military Academy The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal forat the Air Force Selection Boards only once Course or Indian Naval Academy Course each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviewsfor Air Force. Common candidates who fail or Air Force Academy Course or Women will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indianin INSB/PAB tests as an NCC or Airmen candidates joining Officers Training Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.candidate will be called again for OLQ Academy must undertake not to marry until 3. The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. Thetesting for Army/Navy/OTS only if it is found they complete their full training. A candidate question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematicsthat they have applied through CDS Exam. who marries subsequent to the date of his/ will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.Candidates who qualify in the written her application though successful at this or 4. In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system ofexamination for IMA (D.E) Course and/or any subsequent examination will not be Weights and Measures only will be set.Navy (S.E) Course and/or Air Force selected for training. A candidate who 5. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they beAcademy course irrespective of whether marries during training shall be discharged allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.they have also qualified for SSC Course or and will be liable to refund all expenditure 6. The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of thenot will be detailed for SSB test in February incurred on him/her by the government. examination.to March, 2013 and candidates who qualify No male candidate for the Short Service 7. The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective typefor SSC Course only will be detailed for Commission Course (a) who has entered papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examina-SSB tests in April to May, 2013. into or contracted a marriage with a person tion Hall.9. DISQUALIFICATION FOR ADMISSION having a spouse living or (b) who having a B. STANDARD AND SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATIONTO THE TRAINING COURSE : spouse living has entered into or contracted STANDARDCandidates who were admitted to an earlier a marriage with any person shall be eligible for admission to the Officers’ Traning The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.course at the National Defence Academy, Academy/grant of Short Service The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as may be expectedIndian Military Academy, Air Force Commission. Provided that the Central of a graduate of an Indian University.Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers’Training Academy, Chennai but were Government may, if satisfied that such SYLLABUSremoved therefrom on disciplinary ground marriage is permissible under the personal ENGLISH (CODE No. 01)will not be considered for admission to the law applicable to such persons and the The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of EnglishIndian Military Academy, Indian Naval other party to the marriage and there are and workmanlike use of words.Academy, Air Force Academy or for grant of other grounds for doing so exempt any GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Code No. 02)Short Service Commission in the Army. person from the operation of this rule. General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters ofCandidates who were previously withdrawn 11. OTHER RESTRICTIONS DURING everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected offrom the Indian Military Academy for lack of TRAINING IN THE INDIAN MILITARY an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. Theofficer-like qualities will not be admitted to ACADEMY OR IN THE INDIAN NAVAL paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature whichthe Indian Military Academy. ACADEMY OR IN THE AIR FORCE candidate should be able to answer without special study.Candidates who were previously selected ACADEMY : ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (Code No. 03)as Special Entry Naval Cadets but were After admission to the Indian Military ARITHMETICwithdrawn from the National Defence Academy or the Indian Naval Academy or Number System-Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. FundamentalAcademy or from Naval Training the Air Force Academy, candidates will not operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal, fractions.Establishments for lack of Officer-like be considered for any other commission. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simplequalities will not be eligible for admission to They will also not be permitted to appear and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.the Indian Navy. for any interview or examination after they Elementary Number Theory- Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests ofCandidates who were withdrawn from have been finally selected for training in divisibility by 2,3,4,5,9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M.Indian Military Academy, Officers’ Training the Indian Military Academy or the Indian Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.Academy, NCC and Graduate course for Naval Academy or the Air Force Academy. ALGEBRAlack of Officer-like qualities will not be 12. NO REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomi-considered for grant of Short Service CANDIDATURE RECEIVED FROM A als, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only realCommission in the Army. CANDIDATE AFTER HE/SHE HAS roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and SUBMITTED HIS/HER APPLICATION graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions.Candidates who were previously withdrawn WILL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in twofrom the NCC and Graduates’ course for lack CIRCUMSTANCES. variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and setof Officer-like qualities will not be admitted notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.to the Indian Military Academy. TRIGONOMETRY10. RESTRICTIONS ON MARRIAGE (KULDEEP KUMAR SAHARAWAT) Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 00 < x < 900 Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x =DURING TRAINING IN THE INDIAN Deputy Secretary 00 , 300, 450, 600 and 900MILITARY ACADEMY OR IN THE INDIAN Union Public Service Commission Simple trigonometric identities.NAVAL ACADEMY OR IN THE AIR Use of trigonometric tables.FORCE ACADEMY : simple cases of heights and distances. GEOMETRY Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a APPENDIX I point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, The scheme, standard and syllabus of the examination (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties ofA. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and1. The Competitive examination comprises: its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.(a) Written examination as shown in para 2 below. MENSURATION(b) Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres. can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids,2. The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area andallotted to each subject will be as follows: volume of spheres.(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. STATISTICSSubject Duration Maximum Marks Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation, frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.1. English 2 Hours 100 INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST2. General Knowledge 2 Hours 100 In addition to the interview the candidates will be put to Intelligence Tests both verbal3. Elementary Mathematics 2 Hours 100 and non-verbal, designed to assess their basic intelligence. They will also be put to(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy Group Tests such as group discussions, group planning, outdoor group tasks, and asked to give brief lectures on specified subjects. All these tests are intended to judgeSubject Duration Maximum Marks the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only1. English 2 Hrs. 100 his/her intellectual qualities but also his/her social traits and interests in current affairs.2. General Knowledge 2 Hrs. 100 APPENDIX-II INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIATES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATIONSCandidates are required to apply Online using the Website www.upsconline.nic.in The Online applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 2nd June 2012 to 2nd JulySalient Features of the system of Online Application Form are given hereunder : 2012 till 11.59 p.m., after which link will be disabled. Detailed instructions for filling up Online applications are available on the above Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any mentioned website. unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple applications then he/ Candidates will be required to complete the Online application form containing two she must ensure that the applications with higher RID is complete in all respects. stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be enter- website through drop down menus. tained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) against any other RID. [excepting SC/ST/Female candidates who are exempted from payment of fee] either by remitting the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility The applicants must ensure that while filling their application form, they are provid- of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State ing their valid and active e-mail Ids as the Commission may use electronic mode of Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/ communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process Master Credit/Debit Card. The applicants are advised to check their emails at regular intervals and ensure that Before start filling up Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should the SPAM folder or any other folder. not exceed 40 KB each and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for and 1 KB for the signature. the last date for submission of Onlline Applications.
5. Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012 www.employmentnews.gov.in 21 APPENDIX III Special instructions to candidates for objective-type tests 1. Articles permitted inside Examination Hall 13. Please read and abide by the instructions on the cover of Test Booklet. If any candidate Clip board or hard board (on which nothing is written), a good quality black ball pen indulges in disorderly or improper conduct, he/she will render himself/herself liable for for making responses on the Answer Sheet. Answer Sheet will be supplied by the disciplinary action and/or imposition of a penality as the Commission may deem fit. Invigilator. 2. Articles not permitted inside Examination Hall ANNEXURE Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article other than those specified above, e.g., books, notes, loose sheets, electronic or any other type of calculators, math- How to fill in the Answer Sheet of objective-type tests in the Examination Hall ematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Test Booklets and rough sheets pertaining to earlier session(s), etc. Please follow these instructions very carefully. You may note that since the answer Mobiles phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed sheets are to be evaluated on machine, any violation of these instructions may result in inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement reduction of your score for which you would yourself be responsible. of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations. Before you mark your responoses on the Answer Sheet, you will have to fill in various Candiates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items particulars in it. including mobile phones/pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safekeeping cannot be assured. As soon as the candidates receives the Answer Sheet, he/she should check that it is Candidates are advised not to bring any valuable/costly items to the Examination numbered at the bottom. If it is found un-numbered he/she should at once get it replaced Halls, as safekeeping of the same cannot be assured. Commission will not be by a numbered one. responsible for any loss in this regard. 3. Penalty for wrong Answers You will see from the Answer Sheet that you will have to fill in the top line, which reads THERE WILL BE PENALTY (NEGATIVE MARKING) FOR WRONG AN- thus : SWERS MARKED BY A CANDIDATE IN THE OBJECTIVE-TYPE QUES- TION PAPERS. (i) There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each ques- tion for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one third dsUnz fo"k; fo"k; dksM vuqØekad (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. (ii) If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong Centre Subject S. Code Roll Number answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will If you are, say, appearing for the examination in Delhi Centre for the English Paper* and be same penalty as above for that question. your Roll No. is 081276 and your test booklet series is `A, you should fill in thus, using (iii) If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will black ball pen. be no penalty for that question. 4. Unfair means strictly prohibited No candidates shall copy from the papers of any other candidate nor permit his/ her dsUnz fo"k; fo"k; dksM vuqØekad 0 8 1 2 7 6 0 1 papers to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description. Centre Delhi Subject English S. Code Roll Number 5. Conduct in Examination Hall (A) No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct You should write in black ball pen the name of the centre and subject in English or Hindi. of the examination. Any such misconduct will be severely penalised. 6. Answer Sheet particulars The test Booklet Series is indicated by Alphabets A, B, C or D at the top right hand corner (i) Write in black ball pen your Centre and subject followed by test booklet series, of the Booklet. subject code and roll number at the appropriate space provided on the answer sheet at the top. Also encode your booklet series (A, B, C or D, as the case may be), Write your Roll Numbers exactly as it is in your Admission Certificate in ink in the boxes subject code and roll number in the circles provided for the purpose in the answer provided for this purpose. Do not omit any zero(s) which may be there. sheet. The guidelines for writing the above particulars and for encoding the above particulars are given in Annexure. In case the booklet series is not printed on the The next step is to find out the approriate subject code from the Time Table. Now encode test booklet or answer sheet is un-numbered, please report immediately to the the Test Booklet Series, Subject Code and the Roll Number in the circles provided for Invigilator and get the test booklet/answer sheet replaced. this purpose. Do the encoding with black ball pen. The name of the Centre need not be (ii) All corrections and changes in writing the roll number must be initialed by the encoded. candidates as well as by the Invigilator and countersigned by the Supervisor. (iii) Immediately after commencement of the examination please check that the test Writing and encoding of Test Booklet Series is to be done after receiving the Test Booklet booklet supplied to you does not have any unprinted or torn or missing pages or items and confirming the Booklet Series from the same. etc. If so, get it replaced by a complete test booklet of the same series and subject. 7. Do not write your name or anything other than the specific items of information For English paper of ‘A’ Test Booklet Series you have to encode the subject code, which asked for, on the answer sheet/test booklet. is 01. Do it thus. 8. Do not fold or mutilate or damage or put any extraneous marking in the Answer Sheet. Do not write anything on the reverse of the answer sheet. iqfLrdk Øe ¼,½ fo"k; 0 1 9. Since the answer sheets will be evaluated on computerised machines, candidates Booklet Series (A) Subject should exercise due care in handling and filling up the answer sheets. They should ● ● use black ball pen only to darken the circles. For writing in boxes also, they B ➀ ● should use black ball pen. Since the entries made by the candidates by darken- C ➁ ➁ ing the circles will be taken into account while evaluating the answer sheets on D ➂ ➂ computerised machines, they should make these entries very carefully and accurately. ➃ ➃ 10. Method of marking answers ➄ ➄ In the "OBJECTIVE TYPE" examination, you do not write the answers. For each ques- ➅ ➅ tion (hereinafter referred to as "Item") several suggested answers (hereinafter referred ➆ ➆ to as "Responses") are given. You have to choose one response to each item. ➇ ➇ The question paper will be in the Form of TEST BOOKLET. The booklet will contain ➈ ➈ item bearing numbers 1, 2, 3 ............ etc. Under each item, Responses marked (a), ● ● (b), (c), (d) will be given. Your task will be to choose the correct response. If you think there is more than one correct response, then choose what you consider the best response. All that is required is to blacken completely the circle In any case, for each item you are to select only one response. If you select more marked `A below the Booklet Series and below the sub- than one response, your response will be considered wrong. In the Answer Sheet, Serial Nos. from 1 to 160 are printed. Against each number, there ject code blacken completely the Circles for ‘‘0’’ (in the first are circles marked (a), (b), (c) and (d). After you have read each item in the Test Booklet vertical column) and ‘‘1’’ (in the second vertical column). and decided which one of the given responses is correct or the best, you have to mark You should then encode the Roll No. 081276. Do it thus your response by completely blackening with black ball pen to indicate your re- similarly : sponse. vuqØekad For example, if the correct answer to item 1 is (b), then the circle containing the Roll Numbers letter (b) is to be completely blackened with black ball pen as shown below :- 0 8 1 2 7 6 Example : (a) ● (c) (d) Important : Please ensure that you have carefully en- 11. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they coded your subject, Test Booklet series and Roll Num- ● be allowed the help of a scribe. ber. ➀ ➀ ● ➀ ➀ ➀ 12. Entries in Scannable Attendance List ➁ ➁ ➁ ● ➁ ➁ Candidates are required to fill in the relevant particulars with black ball pen only ➂ ➂ ➂ ➂ ➂ ➂ against their columns in the Scannable Attendance List, as given below:- ➃ ➃ ➃ ➃ ➃ ➃ i) Blacken the circle [P] under the column [Present/Absent] ➄ ➄ ➄ ➄ ➄ ➄ ➅ ➅ ➅ ➅ ➅ ● ii) Blacken the relevant circle for Test Booklet Series ➆ ➆ ➆ ➆ ● ➆ iii) Write Test Booklet Serial No. *This is just illustrative and may not be relevant to ➇ ● ➇ ➇ ➇ ➇ (iv) Write the Answer Sheet Serial No. and also blacken the corresponding circles your Examination. ➈ ➈ ➈ ➈ ➈ ➈ below. v) Append signature in the relevant column
6. 22 www.employmentnews.gov.in Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012 APPENDIX IV Height in Weight in Kgs. (m) Urine examination will be done and present, the total dental points are 22. AGuidelines with regard to Physical any abnormality, if detected will be a candidate should not be suffering from CentimetresStandards for Candidates for Combined cause for rejection. severe pyorrhoea. (WithoutDefence Services Examination. shoes) 18 20 (n) Any disease of the skin which is likely (s) X-Ray examination of the chest will 22NOTE : CANDIDATES MUST BE years years to cause disability or disfigurement will include the lower part of cervical spine for yearsPHYSICALLY FIT ACCORDING TO THE also be a cause for rejection. 160 .................. 48 50 51 presence of cervical ribs. X-Ray examinationPRESCRIBED PHYSICAL STANDARDS.THE STANDARDS OF MEDICAL FITNESS 162 .................. 50 52 52 (o) A male candidate should be able to of other parts of spine will be taken if the 165 .................. 52 53 55 SMB considers it necessary.AND THE GUIDELINES FOR THE SAME read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each 168 .................. 53 55 57 eye with or without glasses (For Air Force (t) Carrying angle of elbow should notARE GIVEN BELOW. 170 .................. 55 57 58 0 0 without glasses only). Myopia should not be more than 15 and 18 among malesA NUMBER OF QUALIFIED CANDIDATES 173 .................. 57 59 60ARE REJECTED SUBSEQUENTLY ON be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia and females respectively. 175 .................. 59 61 62MEDICAL GROUNDS. CANDIDATES ARE not more than 3.5D including 2. In addition to the above, the following 178 .................. 60 62 63THEREFORE ADVISED IN THEIR OWN Astigmatism. For women candidates the medical standards will be applicable in 180 .................. 63 64 65INTEREST TO GET THEMSELVES 183 .................. 65 67 67 minimum acceptable visual acuity are respect of Air Force candidates only :MEDICALLY EXAMINED BEFORE Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, (a) Anthropometric measurements 185 .................. 67 69 70SUBMITTING THEIR APPLICATIONS TO worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus acceptable for Air Force are as follows: 188 .................. 70 71 72AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT AT THE FINAL 5.5 including Astogination. Internal Height 162.5 cms 190 .................. 72 73 74STAGE. examination of the eye will be done by 193 .................. 74 76 77 Leg Length Min. 99 cms. &1. A Candidate recommended by the 195 .................. 77 78 78 means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any Max. 120 cms.Services Selection Board will undergo a disease of the eye. A candidate mustmedical examination by a Board of Service *45 for Navy @ 47 for Navy Thigh Length Max. 64 cms. have good binocular vision. The colourMedical Officers. Women candidates will A + 10% (for Navy) departure from the Sitting Height Min. 81.5 cms. & vision standard will be CP-III for Army. Aundergo Medical Examination by a Medical average weight given in the Table above Max 96 cms. candidate should be able to recognise redBoard comprising male/female doctors/ is to be considered within normal limit. and green colours. (b) X-Ray of Chest is compulsory.specialists/Gynaecologist. There will be a However, in individuals with heavyLady Medical Officer as member of Board. bones and broad built as well as (p) Visual Standards for Navy (c) VisionOnly those candidates will be admitted to individuals with thin built but otherwise (a) Uncorrected without glass 6/12 (i) Distant Vision 6/6, in one eye and 6/9the Academy who are declared fit by the healthy this may be relaxed to some Correctable to 6/6, Near Vision N-5 each (b) Corrected with glass 6/6Medical Board. However, the candidates extent on merit. eye, Colour Vision CP-1 (MLT)declared unfit will be intimated by the (c) Limits of Myopia -1.5 The acceptable weight for Air Force (ii) Manifest Hypermetropia must notPresident of the Medical Board and candidates will be + 10% of the average (d) Limits of Hypermetropia +1.5 exceed +2.00 DCYL Myopia-NIL & +0.75procedure for request for an Appeal weight given above. (e) Binocular vision III DCYL.Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated Height and Weight Standards (Females) (f) Limits of Colour Perception I (d) Ocular Muscle Balanceto the candidate.Candidates who are unfit may apply for Height in Weight in Kgs. (q) For women candidates if pregnancy is Hetrophoria with the Maddox Rod TestAppeal Medical Board (AMB) to be Centimetres detected at any stage after selection at SSB must not exceed :completed within 42 days of SMB and may (Without or during training will debar the candidates (i) at 6 metres Exophoria 6 prismrequest for Review Medical Board (RMB) shoes) 20 25 30 from grant of commission and cost dioptres; Esophoria 6within one day of completion of Appeal years years years recovered from the date of joining OTA till prism dioptres Hypo-Medical Board. 148 .................. 39 41 43 the date of debar on confirmation of phoria/Hyperphoria 1Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be 150 .................. 40 42 43.5 pregancy from Military Hospital Authrorities. Prism Dioptres.intimated by the President AMB about 153 .................. 42 43.5 45 RADIAL KERATOTOMY AND LASER (ii) at 33 cm Exophoria 16 prismprocedure of challenging the findings of AMB. 155 .................. 43 44 46 SURGERY : Candidates who have dioptresThe candidates will also be intimated that 158 .................. 45 46 48 undergone or have the evidence of having Esophoria 6 prismholding Review Medical Board (RMB) will 160 .................. 46 47 49be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS undergone Radial Keratotomy, to improve dioptres; Hypophoria/ 163 .................. 47 49 51based on the merit of the case and that RMB the visual acuity, will be permanently Hyperphoria 1 prism 165 .................. 49 51 53is not a matter of right. The candidate should rejected for all the three services. Dioptres. 168 .................. 50 52 54address the request for RMB if he/she so In order to detect PRK/LASIK all the Binocular Vision-Must possess gooddesires to ADG Rtg. (CDSE) Army HQ, West (d) In your own interest you are advised candidates at SMB will be subjected to the binocular vision (fusion and stereposisBlock-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 and to undergo a preliminary medical check measurement of Axial length by A-Scan with good amplitude and depth)AFCME/IAM/DGMS (Air), Air HQ, R.K. up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes, biometer. (e) Hearing StandardsPuram in case of AF candidates and a copy fungal infection of skin etc. beforeof the same is handed over to the President reporting for the SSB interview. Candidates who have undergone LASER (i) Speech test : Whisperedof AMB. The O/o the DGAFMS will inform the Surgery for correction of refractive error will hearing 610 cms. (e) Chest should be well developed. Thedate and place (Delhi and Pune only) where be considered for commission in Army if each ear. minimum range of expansion after fullthe candidate will appear for a RMB. The they fulfil following criteria :- (ii) Audiometric Test : Audiometric loss inspiration should be 5 cms. Thecandidate must be physically fit according measurement will be taken with a tape (i) Age more than 20 years. should notto the prescribed physical standards which so adjusted that its lower edge should (ii) Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer exceed + 20 dbare summarized below : touch the nipple in front and the upper in frequencies(a) The candidate must be in good physical (PRK) laser procedure done for Myopia part of the tape should touch the lower between 250 Hzand mental health and free from any or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction angle of the shoulder blades behind. X- and 4000 Hz.disease/disability which is likely to interfere for a period of six months after the Ray of the chest is compulsory and will (f) Routine ECG and EEG should bewith the efficient performance of duties. procedure. be taken to rule out any disease of the within normal limits.(b) There should be no evidence of weak chest. (iii) A healthy retina. 3. The following conditions detected onconstitution, bodily defects or over weight. (f) There should be no disease of bones (iv) Corrected vision should be 6/6 in X-ray examination will be disqualifying(c) The minimum acceptable height for male and joints of the body. better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with for entry to Armed Forces.candidates is 157.5 cms. (157 cms for Navy maximum residual refraction of + 1.50 in (a) Granulomatous disease of spine.and 162.5 cms for Air Force). For Women (g) A candidate should have no pastcandidates minimum acceptable height is history of mental breakdown or fits. any meridian for myopia or (b) Arthritis/spondylosis152 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals hypermetropia. (c) Scoliosis more than 15 degree as (h) The hearing should be normal. A measured by Cobbs Method (10belonging to hills of North Eastern region (v) Axial length within permissible limits. candidate should be able to hear a forcedof India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the degree for Army). whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 NOTES : The candidates will be asked toMinimum acceptable height will be 5 cms (d) More than mild Kyphosis/Lordosis. cms. in a quiet room. There should be no declare at the time of medicalless. In case of candidates from evidence of present or past disease of the examination that he/she has undergone (e) Spondylolisthesis/Spondylosis.Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable (f) Herniated nucleus pulposes. ear, nose and throat. LASER procedure as above. He/she willheight can be reduced by 2 cms.These concessions are not applicable for (i) There should be no sign of functional be subjected to a thorough corneal and (g) Compression fracture of Vertebra. (h) Sacaralisation DiseaseNavy and Air Force. Height and weight or organic disease of the heart and blood retinal evaluation by the ophthalmologist.standards are given below. Interpolation vessel. Blood pressure should be normal However, he/she will be declared unfit at (j) Cervical ribs with demonstrable and candidates be free from AIDS. the SMB and those found to be within neurological or Circulatory deficit.for weights against height not mentionedmay be done. (j) The muscles of abdomen should be well the acceptable limits for approval as (k) Presence of Schmorls node at more than one level. Height and Weight Standards (Males) developed and there should be no above will be advised to undergo an (l) Atlanto-occipital and atlanto-axial enlargement of liver or spleen. Any Appeal Med. Board. During AMB he/she anomalies. Height in Weight in Kgs. evidence of disease of internal organs of will be subjected to a thorough corneal Centimetres the abdomen will be a cause for rejection. and retinal evaluation as also scrutiny of (m) Incomplete Sacaralisation Unilateral or (Without the records by a Senior Adviser in Bilateral. (k) Un-operated hernias will make a (n) Spinabifida other than SV 1 and LV 5. shoes) 18 20 22 Ophthalmology. candidate unfit. If operated, this should have years years years (o) Any other abnormality, if so considered been done at least 1 year prior to the present (r) The candidates should have 152 .................. 44* 46 47 by specialist. examination and healing is completed. sufficient number of natural and sound 155 .................. 46 48@ 49 teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will 4. The Medical standards for 157 .................. 47 49 50 (l) There should be no hydrocele, candidates of Naval Aviation Branch be acceptable. When 32 teeth are varicocele or piles.
7. Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012 www.employmentnews.gov.in 23 will be the same as for flying duties (b) Maj to Col Rs. 14,000/- borne by Government, candidates will be On being granted a commission article of Air Force. (c) Capt and equivalent Rs. 11,000/- expected to meet their pocket expenses of clothing and necessaries purchased 5. Detection of any disability in the (d) Lt and equivalent Rs. 9,000/- themselves. The minimum expenses at from the allowance shall become the course of a special test carried out Other Allowances : the Indian Military Academy are not likely personal property of the cadet. Such prescribed for one service, may (a) Dearness Allowances are admissible to exceed Rs. 200.00 per month. If a articles will, however be withdrawn from render the candidate unfit for any at the same rates and under the same cadets parent or guardian is unable to a cadet who resigns while under training other service(s), if so considered as conditions as are applicable to the Civilian meet wholly or partly even this or who is removed or withdrawn prior to disqualifying by Medical Board. Gazetted Officers from time to time. expenditure, financial assistance may be commissioning. The article withdrawn granted by the Government. Gentlemen/ will be disposed of to the best advantage 6. Physical Conditioning : Prospective (b) A kit maintainance allowances of Rs. Lady Cadets undergoing training at of the State. candidates are advised to keep 500/- p.m. Indian Military Academy, Officers Training 7. No candidate will normally be themselves in good physical (c) Depending upon rank and area of Academy and corresponding training permitted to resign whilst under training. condition by following the under posting, Officers posted to Field Areas will establishments in Navy and Air Force, in However, Gentlemen Cadet resigning mentioned routine :- be eligible for compensatory Highly active whose cases the income of Parents/ after the commencement of training may (a) Running : 2 to 4 Km. in 15 Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. guardians does not exceed Rs. 1500/- 6,780/- to Rs. 8,400/- p.m., Compensatory be allowed to proceed home pending minutes (under revision) per month are eligible Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. acceptance of their resignation by Army (b) Skipping for financial assistance. In case of HQ. Cost of training, messing and allied (c) Pushups & : Minimum 20 each 4,200/- to Rs. 5,200/- p.m. and parents/guardians whose income services, will be recovered from them Sit-ups Compensatory Modified Field Area exceeds Rs. 1500/- (under revision) per before their departure. They and their Allowance at the rate of Rs. 1,600/- to Rs. (d) Chin ups : Minimum 08 month but does not exceed Rs. 2000/- parents/guardians will be required to 2,000/- p.m. (e) Rope Climbing: 3 to 4 meters. (under revision) per month, the same execute a bond to this effect before the (d) In addition to the Compensatory Field financial assistance will be given in candidates are allowed to join Indian Area Allowance, officers posted to areas respect of all the sons/wards if there are APPENDIX V Military Academy. A Gentlemen Cadet situated at a height of 9,000 ft and above more than one son/ward simultaneously who is not considered suitable to (Brief Particulars of service etc.) are entitled for High Altitude Allowance in undergoing training in one or more than complete the full course of training may Pay Scale of Army Officers and equivalent the range of Rs. 1,060 p.m. to Rs. 11,200 one of the above institutions irrespective with permission of the Government, be ranks in Air Force and Navy pm depending upon rank of the officer and of the fact whether the institutions are discharged. Service candidates under place of posting. under the same service or not. The (i) Pay these circumstances will be reverted (e) Siachen Allowance at the rate of Rs. immovable property and other assets (a) Rank Pay Band (Rs.) back to their parent Unit. 14,000/- per month will be admissible in and income from all sources are also Lt. to Major 15,600-39,100 (PB-3) 8. Commission will be granted only on addition to Compensatory Field Area taken into account for determining the Lt. Col to Maj 37,400-67,000 (PB-4) successful completion of training. The Allowance to officers of all ranks. This eligibility for financial assistance. Gen date of commission will be that following Lt. Gen HAG 67,000/-(annual incre- allowance is, however, not admissible in The parent/guardian of a candidate the date of successful completion of Scale ment @ 3%)-79,000 conjunction with High Altitude/ desirous of having any financial training. Commission will be permanent. HAG + Scale* 75,500/-(annual incre- Uncongenial climate allowance. assistance, should, immediately after his (f) Uniform allowance : Initial allowance for 9. Pay and allowances, pensions, leave ment @ 3%)-80,000 son/ward has been finally selected for a one time kit @ Rs. 14,000/- and Rs. 3,000/- and other conditions of service after the (*Admissible training at the Indian Military Academy, for every three years. grant of commission will be identified with to 1/3rd of total submit an application through the District (g) Free rations are provided to all those applicable from time to time to strength of Lt. Gens) Magistrate of his District who will with officers. regular officers of the army. VCOAS/Army 80,000 (fixed) his recommendation forward the (h) Transport allowance : Transport application to the Commandant, Indian 10. Training : At the Indian Military Cdr/Lt Gen allowance @ Rs. 3,200/- + DA thereon p.m. Military Academy, Dehradun. Academy Army Cadets, known as (NFSG) in A-1/A class cities and Rs. 1,600/- + DA Gentlemen Cadets, are given strenuous COAS 90,000 (fixed) 4. Candidate finally selected for training Military training for a period of 18 months (b) In addition to pay, Grade pay will also thereon p.m. at other places shall be at the Indian Military Academy will be admissible to officers. aimed at turning out, officers capable of be given as under : required to deposit the following amount (i) Children Education Allowance. leading infantry subunits. On successful Lt. Rs. 5,400/- with the Commandant on arrival : completion of training Gentlemen Cadets Capt. Rs. 6,100/- (j) In the case of allowances specific to (a) Pocket allowance for Rs. 1000.00 are granted Permanent Commission in Maj. Rs. 6,600/- Defence Forces, the rates of these five months @ Rs. 200.00 the rank of Lt. subject to being medically Lt. Col Rs. 8,000/- allowances have been further enhanced per month. fit, in S.H.A.P.E. Col. Rs. 8,700/- by 25% as Dearness Allowance has gone (b) For item of clothing Rs. 2750.00 11. Insurance : The Gentleman/ Lady Brig. Rs. 8,900/- up by 50%. and equipment Cadets of IMA/OTA when in receipt of Maj. Gen Rs. 10,000/- (A) FOR CANDIDATES JOINING THE Total Rs. 3750.00 stipend are insured for Rs. 40 lac wef 01 INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY, Due to restructuring of the officers cadre Out of the amount mentioned above the Apr. 2011. Those who get medically DEHRADUN : on recommendations of AVS committee, following is refundable to the cadets in boarded out of Academy on account of promotion period has been reduced and 1. Before the Candidate joins the Indian the event of financial assistance being disability, the disability cover provided for Time Scale promotion has been increased Military Academy. sanctioned to them. 100 percent disability will be Rs. 20 lac upto the rank of Col (equivalent) and rank (a) He will be required to sign a certificate Pocket allowance of five Rs. 1000.00 which is proportionately reduced upto Rs of Lt Col (TS) has been abolished. Col (TS) to the effect that he fully understands that months @ Rs. 200.00 per 4 lac for 20 per cent disability. However, or (equivalent) is entitled to Grade pay of Rs. he or his legal heirs shall not be entitled less than 20 per cent disability, no disability month 8700/- p.m. to claim any compensation or other relief benefits is eligible but an Ex-Gratia Grant 5. T he following Scholarships are (c) A fixed sum of Rs. 6,000/- p.m. is also of Rs 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due from the Government in respect of any tenable at the Indian Military Academy : payable as Military Service Pay (MSP) to to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to injury which he may sustain. In the course (i) PARSHURAM BHAU PATWARDAN the officers from the rank of Lt. to Brig. the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will of or as a result of the training or where SCHOLARSHIP- This scholarship is (d) Stipend during training at Service not qualify for disability benefit and Ex- bodily infirmity or death results in the awarded to cadets from M A H A- Academies : Fixed Stipend Rs. 21,000/- Gratia Grant. In addition, Gentleman/Lady course of or as a result of a surgical RASHTRA AND KARNATAKA. The pm. (Rs. 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Cadet withdrawn on disciplinary grounds operation performed upon or value of one scholarship is upto a or as undesirable or voluntarily leaves the Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-) for the entire maximum of Rs. 500.00 per annum for anaesthesia administrated to him for the Academy will also not be eligible for duration of training. the duration of a cadets stay at the Indian treatment of any injury received as disability benefits and Ex-Gratia Grant. (ii) Qualification Pay and Grant. Military Academy subject to the cadets aforesaid or otherwise. Subscription at the rate of Rs 4,000/ - will Officers possessing certain prescribed making satisfactory progress. The cadets have to be paid in advance on monthly (b) Hi s parent or guardian will be qualifications are entitled to lumpsum who are granted this scholarship will not basis by the Gentleman/Lady Cadets who required to sign a bond to the effect that Qualification Grant of Rs. 6,000/-, be entitled to any other financial are in receipt of stipend and will become if for any reason considered within his assistance from the Government. 9,000/-, 15,000/- or Rs. 20,000/- based on members of the main Army Group control, the candidate wishes to withdraw ( ii) C O L O N E L K E N D A L F R A N K Insurance Scheme as applicable to the qualification held by them. before the completion of the course or MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP. T h i s Regular Army Officers. The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in Army fails to accept a commission if offered; scholarship is of the value of Rs. 360.00 12. Terms and Conditions of Service Aviation Corps are entitled to the he will be liable to refund the whole or per annum and is awarded to an eligible (i) POSTING Qualification Pay, based on the Qualification such portion of the cost of tuition, food, Maratha cadet who should be a son of Army officers are liable to serve any held by them as under :- ex-serviceman. The Scholarship is in clothing and pay & allowances, received where in India and abroad. (i) Master Aviation Instructor - Rs. 500/- p.m. addition to any financial assistance from as may be decided upon by Government. (ii) PROMOTION (ii) Senior Aviation Instructor Class I-Rs. the Government. 400/- p.m. 2. Candidates finally selected will (a) Substantive promotions 6. An outfit allowance at the rate and (iii) Senior Aviation Instructor Class II-Rs. undergo a course of training for about under the general conditions applicable The following are the service limits for 280/- p.m. 18 months. Candidates will be enrolled the grant of the substantive promotion to at the time for each cadet belonging to (iv) Aviators holding Master Green Card- under the Army Act as gentlemen cadets. higher ranks. the Indian Military Academy will be Rs. 400/- p.m. Gentlemen cadets will be dealt with the placed at disposal of the commandant of By time scale : (v) Aviators holding Green Card-Rs. 280/- ordinary disciplinary purposes under the the Academy. The unexpended portion Lt. (on Completion of training) p.m. rules and regulations of the Indian of the allowance will be- Capt. 2 years of reckonable The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in the Military Academy, Dehradun. (a) handed over to the cadet on his being commissioned service Army Aviation Corps are entitled to flying 3. While, the cost of training including granted a commission or Major 6 years of reckonable allowance as under : accommodations, books, uniforms, (b) if he is not granted a commission commissioned service (a) Brig & above Rs. 10,500/- boarding and medical treatment will be refunded to the State. Lt. Col. 13 years of reckonable
8. 24 www.employmentnews.gov.in Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012 commissioned service treatment of the cadets of the Indian flying training for which membership vacancies in authorized establishment areCol (TS) 26 years of reckonable Naval Academy will be borne by the would be compulsory. allowed, while proceeding on leave once commissioned service Government. Parents or guardians of Conditions governing Financial every year on warrant a free rail journey in cadets will, however, be required to meet Assistance: the appropriate class upto a total distanceBy Selection their pocket and other private expenses of 1600 Kms. for the forward and returnCol. 15 years of reckonable while they are cadets. When a cadets (i) While the cost of training including journeys both inclusive. commissioned service parent or guardian has an Income less accommodations, books, uniforms, boarding and medical treatment will be Officers when travelling on leave at theirBrigadier 23 years of reckonable than Rs. 1500/- per mensem and is own expenses are entitled to travel by unable to meet wholly or partly the borne by Government, candidates will commissioned service be expected to meet their pocket entitled class or lower class on payment pocket expenses of the cadet financial of 60 percent of the fare for self, wife andMajor Gen. 25 years of reckonable assistance upto Rs. 140/- per mensem expenses themselves. The minimum commissioned service expenses at the Air Force Academy are children from unit to any place within may be granted by the Government. A India on 6 one way journey Form D in aLt. Gen. 28 years of reckonable candidate desirous of securing financial not likely to exceed Rs. 14,000 (under revision) per mensem. If a cadet’s parent calender year; Two of these Form D may commissioned service assistance may immediately after his be availed of for the entire family. In selection, submit an application through or guardian is unable to meet wholly/General - No restrictions partly even this expenditure, financial addition to wife and children family the District Magistrate of his District, who includes parents, sisters and minor(b) Acting promotion will with his recommendations, forward assistance may be granted by the Government. No cadet whose parent or brothers residing with and whollyOfficers are eligible for acting promotion the application to the Director of dependent upon the officers.to higher ranks on completion of the Manpower Planning & Recruitment, guardian has an income of Rs. 750/- orfollowing minimum Service limits subject Naval Headquarters, New Delhi- above per month would be eligible for 6. Pensionary Benefits :to availability of vacancies : 110011. the grant of the financial assistance. The Retiring Pension : The minimum period immovable property and other assets of qualifying service required for retiringCaptain 3 years NOTE : Further information, if desired, and income from all sources are also may be obtained from the Director of pension is 20 years (without weightage).Major 6 years taken into account for determining the Retiring pension shall be calculated at Manpower, Planning & Recruitment, eligibility for financial assistance. TheLt. Colonel 6 1/2 years Naval Headquarters, New 50% of the average of emoluments parent/guardian of a candidate desirous reckonable for pension (i.e. pay, rank payColonel 8 1/2 years Delhi-110011 of having any financial assistance, and non-practicing allowance, if any)Brigadier 12 years (C) FOR CANDIDATES JOINING THE should immediately, after his son/ward drawn by the officer during the last 10Major General 20 years AIR FORCE ACADEMY : has been finally selected for training at months of his service or 50% of last pay 1. There are three modes of entry into the Air Force Academy, submit an drawn whichever is more beneficial. TheLt. Gen. 25 years. application through the District F(P) Course viz. CDSE/NCC/Airmen. retiring pension in no case shall be less(B) FOR CANDIDATES JOINING THE Candidates who apply for Air Force Magistrate of his district who will, with than Rs. 3500/- per month.INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY, EZHIMALA, through more than one source will be his recommendations, forward theKERALA: application to the Commandant, Pre 7. Retiring Gratuity : tested/Interviewed at Air Force Selection(i) Candidates, finally selected for Boards only once for Air Force as well Flying Training Courses, Begumpet. Retiring Gratuity : The minimum periodtraining at the Academy will be as other arms of services. Common (ii) Candidates finally selected for of qualifying service for earning retiringappointed as cadets in the Executive candidate who fail in INS-B/PAB test as training at the Air Force Academy will gratuity is 10 years (without weightage).Branch of the Navy. A sum of Rs. 35,000/- an NCC or Airman candidate will be be required to deposit the following The retiring gratuity shall be admissibleshould be brought by them and deposited called again for OLQ testing for Army/ amount (under revision) with the at a uniform rate of half monthsin the bank account, which they would be Navy/OTA only, if it is found that he has Commandant on arrival. emoluments for each completed sixopening at the State Bank of India, Ezhimala applied through CDS Exam. also. monthly period of qualifying service. The (a) Pocket allowance for - Rs. 840/-branch, on arrival. Since it is a large amount, emoluments for this purpose shall be 2. Detailing for Training : six months @ Rs. 140/-it is advised that they carry a demand draft pay, rank pay, dearness pay and nonpayable to self. The deposit money would per month Candidates recommended by the AFSBs practicing, if any, stagnation/incrementbe used to meet the following and found medically fit by appropriate (b) For item of clothing and -Rs. 1500/- and DA.expenditures:- medical establishment are detailed for equipment 8. Death-cum-Retirement Gratuity:(a) Pocket/Personal Rs. 5000/- training strictly on the basis of merit and Total -Rs. 2340/- expenses. @ Rs. 1000/- availability of vacancies. Separate merit In addition to pension or gratuity a Death Out of the amount mentioned above the Gratuity, equal to 1/4th of emoluments per month list are prepared for Direct entry(b) Expenses on Laundry, Rs. 4250/- following amount is refundable to the for each completed six monthly period of candidates through UPSC and for NCC Civilian - bearer, @ Rs. 850/- cadets in the event of financial qualifying service plus a weightage of 5 candidates. The merit list for Direct Entry Cinema, hair cutting per month assistance being sanctioned. years subject to maximum of 16½ times Flying (pilot) candidates is based on the and other sundry combined marks secured by the Pocket allowance for Rs. 840/- of the emoluments not exceeding Rs. services. candidates in the tests conducted by the six months @ Rs. 140/- 10.0 lakhs is admissible.(c) Expenses on stitching/ Rs. 20,000 UPSC and at the Air Force Selection per month purchase of Academy 9. In case of death while in service the Boards. The merit list for NCC candidates 4. Career Prospects : amount of gratuity will be as follows :- Blazer, Academy tie, is prepared on the basis of marks Academy Mufti, Academy secured by them at AFSBs. After successful completion of training, (a) two months pay, if death occurs in Sportswear, Jogging shoes, the candidates pass out in the rank of the first year of service. Jungle boots, Swimming 3. Training : Flying Officer will be entitled to the (b) six months pay, if death occurs after Trunk/suits and Satchels. The approximate duration of training for pay and allowances of the rank. Time(d) Travelling expenses for Rs. 2,000 the first year but before completion Flying Branch (Pilots) at the Air Force scale promotions to the rank of Flight proceeding to next duty of five years. Academy will be 74 weeks. Lieutenant, Squadron Leader, Wing station/home station on (c) minimum of 12 months pay, if death leave on completion of Insurance cover during Flying Training - Commader and Group Captain are granted occurs after five years but before Naval Orientation (Rates are under revision) on completion of 2 years, 6 years, 13 years completion of 20 years. Course on return Journey Air Force Group Insurance Society and 26 years of succussful service at the end of the term. respectively. Grant of Group Captain (d) If death occurs after 20 years or more, would pay Rs. 1,00,000/- for a monthly contribution of Rs. 800/- pm. as ex-gratia (select) and higher ranks is only by one month pay for each year of service(e) Insurance : A sum of Rs. 780/- non-refundable premium for a cover of Rs. 8 award to the next-of-kin of a flight cadet selections. Promising officers have a fair to a minimum 12 months pay andLakhs is required to be paid by the drawn from Civil life and undergoing chance of getting higher promotions to air maximum 33 months pay. Furthercandidate on reporting to the Naval flying training in an unfortunate ranks - Air Commodore, Air Vice Marshal subject to the condition that the amountAcademy during the six months of training. eventuality. In case, flight cadet of Death-cum-retirement gratuity shall and Air Marshal.An additional premium of Rs. 780/- would undergoing flying training is medically in no case exceed Rs. 10.0 lakhs.be payable for each relegated term. 5. Leave and Leave Travel Concession: invalidated boarded out, he would be Disability pension and Special Family(ii) Selected candidates will be appointed paid Rs. 20,000/- as ex gratia award for Annual Leave - 60 days a year Pensionary awards including awards toas cadets and undergo training in Naval 100% disability and this reduces children and dependents (parents, Casual Leave - 20 days a year.ships and establishment as under :- proportionately upto 20%. brothers and sisters), are also payable(aa) Naval Orientation 44 weeks Officers are authorised encashment of in accordance with the prescribed rules. Cadets are authorised stipend Course at Naval amounting to Rs. 21000/- per month (Rs. Annual Leave upto 10 days alongwith 10. Other Privileges : Academy, Ezhimala. 15600/- pay in the pay band and Rs. 5400/- LTC to the extent of a total 60 days in a The officers and their families are(bb) Cadets training -06 months as grade pay) d u r i n g t r a i n i n g . " O n career span to cover incidental expenses entitled to free medical aid,(cc) Midshipment (afloat - 06 months successful completion of training the on travel. accommodation on concessional rent, training) stipend admitted will be converted as Officers when proceeding on annual/ group insurance scheme, group housing(dd) Sub-Lieutenant -32 weeks pay for all purposes. However, the period casual leave, irrespective of its duration, scheme, family assistance scheme, (Technical course) of training shall not be treated as is entitled for free conveyance from place canteen facilities etc.(iii) On completion of the above training commissioned service." of duty (unit) to home town and back once (D) FOR CANDIDATES JOINING THEthe officers will be appointed on board Once flight cadets are granted pay and in the second year of his service for the OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY,Indian Naval ships for obtaining Naval allowances by government, the death first time and thereafter every alternate CHENNAIWatch Keeping certificate for which a cover would be Rs. 50,000/- and the year to any place in India in lieu of home 1. Before the candidate join the Officersminimum period of six months is disability cover would be Rs. 25,000/- for town or selected place of residence without Training Academy Chennai.essential. 100% disability. This cover would be any distance restriction.(iv) The cost of training including provided by AFGIS on payment of (a) He/she will be required to sign aaccommodation and allied services, In addition officers of Flying branch certificate to the effect that he/she fully monthly non-refundable contribution ofbooks, uniform, messing and medical employed on regular Flying Duties in understands that he/she or his/her legal Rs. 76/- by each flight cadet undergoing
9. Employment News 2 - 8 June 2012 www.employmentnews.gov.in 25 heirs shall not be entitled to claim any 6. No candidate will normally be Those SSC officers who are not be carried out at the time of grant of first compensation or other relief from the permitted to resign whilst under selected for grant of PC but are substantive rank of Captain. The revised Government in respect of any injury training. However, Gentlemen/Lady otherwise considered fit and suitable, seniority will have no effect on the pay which he/she may sustain in the course C a d ets resigning after the will be given options to continue as and allowances granted in the rank of of or as a result of the training or where commencement of training may be SSCOs for a total period of 14 years Capt., Major and Lt. Col. bodily infirmity or death results in the allowed to proceed home pending (including the initial tenure of 10 years) course of or as a result of a surgical i) Reckonable Commissioned acceptance of their resignation by Army on expiry of which they will be operation performed upon or Service: HQ. Cost of training, messing and allied released from the Army. Women anaesthesia administered to him/her for the treatment of any injury received as services will be recovered from them officers are not eligible for permanent Subject to provisions of Para 10 (h) aforesaid or other-wise. before their departure. They and their commission. However, they can opt for above, reckonable commissioned parents/guardians will be required to extention of upto 14 years of service. service for the purpose of these orders (b) His/her parent or guardian will be execute a bond to this effect before the d) Special Provision for Release for SSC will count from the date of grant of Short required to sign a bond to the effect that if for any reason considered within his/ candidates are allowed to join Officers on completion of 5th Year of Service : Service Commission to an officer. The her control, the candidate wishes to Training Academy. period of service forfeited by sentence SSC (Non-Tech) Male & Female withdraw before the completion of the, 7. On joining OTA, candidates will not of Court Martial or by summary award Officers, other than those who course or fails to accept a commission be permitted to appear for any under the Army Act and the period of if offered or marries while under training undergone or are undergoing Degree examination/interview, for any other absence without leave will not be at the Officers Training Academy, he/ Engineering Course or any other type of commission/entry in the Army, reckonable. The period during which she will be liable to refund the whole or specialized course of such nature, who Navy and Air Force or any other are desirous of leaving the service after furlough rates of pay are drawn and the such portion of the cost of tuition, food, employment without resigning from the completion of five years service may, period of captivity at POWs rates of pay, clothing and pay & allowances, received as may be decided upon by Academy and paying the cost of training. during the fifth year of service, apply to will be reckonable. The period of service Government. However, no cost of training including the Army HQs. for release. Army HQ will for promotion lost by an officer in messing charges will be recovered from consider the applications of such consequence of her having been 2. Candidates finally selected will these Gentlemen cadets, who may officers on merits and the decision of granted leave without pay will also be undergo a course of training at the officers Training Academy, for an resign from the Officers Training the Army HQ will be final and reckonable. Such an officer will, approximate period of 11 months. Academy, Chennai to undergo pre- irrevocable. On approval of such officers however, become entitled to the pay and Candidates will be enrolled under the commission training at the Indian will be released from service on allowances of the higher substantive Army Act as Gentlemen/Lady Cadets. Military Academy, Dehradun or completion of 5th year of service. Those rank granted by the inclusion of this Gentlemen/Lady Cadets will be dealt corresponding cadet training SSC (Non-Tech) Male & Female period only from the date on which she with the ordinary disciplinary purposes establishment in Navy and Air Force, if Officers who have undergone or are would have qualified by service if this under the rules and regulations of the so selected. undergoing Degree Engineering period had not been so reckoned and Officers Training Academy. 8. A Gentleman/Lady cadet who is not Course or any other specialised course not with effect from the date of grant of 3. While, the cost of training including considered suitable to complete the full of such nature, will not be released substantive rank. accommodations, books, uniforms, course of training may, with permission before expiry of full tenure of 14 years boarding and medical treatment will be (j) Leave: of Government, be discharged after unless the cost of training of such borne by the government, candidates paying cost of training laid down by the specialized course as prescribed is For leave, these officers will be will be expected to meet their pocket Government of India. An Army candidate recovered from them. They will be governed by rules applicable to Short expenses themselves. under these circumstances will be required to execute a bond to this effect Service Commission Officers as given The minimum expenses during the pre- reverted to his Regiment or Corps. on being nominated for undertaking in Chapter IV of the Leave Rules for commission training are not likely to exceed Rs. 200/- per month but if the 9. Training : Degree Engineering Course/Special the service Vol. 1-Army. They will also cadets pursue, any hobbies such as Course of such nature. be entitled to leave on passing out of Selected candidates will be enrolled as photography, shikar, hiking etc. they may e) Special Provisions during Extended the Officers Training Academy and Gentlemen/Lady Cadets and will require additional money . In case Tenure: before assumption of duties under the undergo a course of training at the however, the cadet is unable to meet provision of the Rules 69 ibid. SSC wholly or partly even the minimum Officers Academy for an approximate During extended tenure, they will be women Officers will also be eligible for expenditure, financial assistance at period of 49 weeks. On successful permitted to seek release from the Army Maternity Leave as per SAL I/S/92-S. rates which are subject to change from completion of training Gentlemen/Lady on the following grounds :- time to time, may be given provided the Cadets are granted Short Service (i) Taking up civil Job. (k) Termination of Commission : cadet and his/her parent/guardian, Commission in the rank of Lt. from the (ii) Pursuing higher education An officer granted Short Service have an income below Rs. 1500 per date of successful completion of Commission will be liable for five years (iii) Starting own business/joining month. A candidate desirous of having training. University of Madras will award family business. but his/her Commission may be financial assistance should "Post Graduate Diploma in Defence terminated at any time by the immediately after being finally selected Management and Strategic Studies" to all f) Substantive Promotion : for training submit an application on the Government of India :- cadets who successfully complete Pre- SSCOs male and female granted Short prescribed form through the District commissioning training at Officers Training (i) for misconduct or if services are Service Commission under these rules Magistrate of his/her district who will Academy, Chennai. found to be unsatisfactory; or will be eligible for substantive forward the application to the Commandant, Officers Training 10. Terms and conditions of Services: promotion as under :- (ii) on account of medical unfitness; or Academy, Chennai alongwith his/her (i) To the rank on completion of (a) Period of probation : (iii) if his/her services are no longer Verification report. of Capt 2 years reckonable An officer will be on probation for a required; or 4. Candidates finally selected for commissioned training, at the Officers Training period of 6 months from the date he/ (iv) if he/she fails to qualify in any service. Academy, will be required to deposit the she receives his/her commission. If he/ prescribed test or course. (ii) To the rank of on completion following amount with the she is reported on within the Major of 6 years An officer may on giving 3 months notice Commandant on arrival : probationary period as unsuitable to reckonable commi- be permitted to resign his/her (a) Pocket allowance Rs. 3000/- retain his/her commission, he/she may ssioned service. commission on compassionate grounds be terminated any time whether before for three month (iii) To the rank of on completion of which the Government of India will or after the expiry of the probationary @ Rs. 1000 per month Lt. Col. of 13 years be the sole judge. An officer who is period. Candidates withdrawn from (b) For items of clothing Rs.5000/- reckonable permitted to resign his/her commission Officers Training Academy on disciplinary and equipment grounds are not eligible to apply. commissioned on compassionate grounds will not be service. eligible for terminal gratuity. (c) Group Insurance Rs. 2000/- (b) Posting : Coverage for 02 months g) Mandatory Conditions : (l) Terminal Gratuity : Personnel granted Short Service (AGIF) Commission are liable to serve Mandatory conditions for grant of above SSCO recruited from civil side are anywhere in India and abroad on substanti ve ranks laid down for entitled to terminal gratuity @ 1/2 Total Rs. 10000/- selected appointments as decided by IHQ, Permanent Commissioned officers as months emoluments for each Out of the amount mentioned above the MOD (Army) from time to time. completed six monthly period of well as the eligibility, time limit and amount mentioned in (b) above is service. (c) Tenure of Appointment : penalties for promotion exam Part B refundable to the Cadets in the event of financial assistance being sanctioned and D as applicable to permanent (m) Reserve Liability : Short Service Commission to Officers to them. (Male and Female) in the regular Army commission officers also be similarly On being released on the expiry of five will be granted for 14 years i.e. for an applicable to SSCOs male and female. years Short Service Commission or 5. Outfit allowance will be admissible under order as may be issued from time initial period of 10 years extendable by h) Adjustment of Seniority: extension thereof they will carry a reserve to time. On being granted a commission, a further period of 04 years. Male liability for a period of five years or upto To make adjustment for shorter training articles of clothing and necessaries officers who are willing to continue to the age of 40 years whichever is earlier. serve in the Army after the expiry of of SSC male and female vis-a-vis PC purchased from this allowance shall (n) Miscellaneous: p e r i o d o f ten y e a r s S h o r t S e r v i c e officers, the seniority of SSC male and become the personal property of the Commission may, if eligible and suitable female officers will be depressed by the All other terms and conditions of service cadet. Such articles, will however be withdrawn from a cadet who resigns in all respects, be considered for the period corresponding to the difference where not at variance with the above while under training or who is removed grant of permanent Commission in the in training period between the SSC provisions will be the same as for or withdrawn prior to commissioning. 10th year of their Short Service course under consideration and the regular officers. The article withdrawn will be disposed Commission in accordance with the training period of its equivalent PC davp 55104/14/0012/1213 of to the best advantage of the State. relevant rules. Course. This adjustment of seniority will EN 9/1