The PPTs from one of the event of iWillStudy.com - a leading start-up in the education space in India. This PPT is being used at an event where they taught iPhone programming and applications
The PPTs from one of the event of iWillStudy.com - a leading start-up in the education space in India. This PPT is being used at an event where they taught iPhone programming and applications development.
1. SAY HELLO TO iPhone Introduction & iOS EcosystemiWillStudy.com - Gargi Das, iPhone Geek !
2. Mobile Operating Systems Copyright iOS Android Symbian Windows Samsung Bada BlackBerry
3. Mobile Domain: Ecosystem Copyright What are different OEMs? Top Smartphone Platforms 3 Month Avg. Ending Aug. 2010 vs. 3 Month Avg. Ending Nokia, Apple, Samsung, May 2010 Total U.S. Smartphone Subscribers Ages 13+ HTC, sRIM, LG, Micromax Source: comScore MobiLens etc…. Share (%) of Smartphone Subscribers Apple App Store, Android May-10 Aug-10 Point Market, Nokia OVI etc.. Change Market Share Total Smartphone 100.0% 100.0% N/A Subscribers Different Mobile OS. RIM 41.7% 37.6% -4.1 Apple 24.4% 24.2% -0.2 Google 13.0% 19.6% 6.6 Original Equipment Microsoft Palm 13.2% 4.8% 10.8% 4.6% -2.4 -0.2 Manufacturer
4. iPhone Features Copyright More Than Smartphone…!! Flying Visit To iPhone Features Unique User Interface Picker Switch Pinch-In & Pinch-Out e.g. Map Navigation & Tab And now… Retina Display in 4G Multi-Touch Facility
5. More Features Copyright Face-Time e.g. Video Calling Notifications Keeps You Up-to-date Ad Integration Third Party Ad Integration Integrated Locations Services Accelerometer Game Center e.g. Multiplayer game All on iOS Operating System…
6. iPhone Developer ? Copyright Success Stories- Angry Bird Example We are developing an application not a device
7. iPhone Development Statistics and MythsiWillStudy.com
8. iPhone Application Industry Copyright The mobile application marketplace will reach $25 billion by 2015 . And apples app store will be responsible for 25% growth in that total revenue
9. Need for iPhone Apps Copyright iPhone apps are now present on each and every action in life, but most important needs are: Internet Uses (Web Browsing, Emails, etc) Best way of Networking (Foursquare, Facebook, Twitter) Day to Day entertainment. (Games) Location Based Services
10. iPhone App-Store Copyright Total Apps Available For Download(Dec-2010): 332,230 Total Apps submitted per month(Dec-2010): 5,644 (627 per Day) Average Price of application at app-store: USD 2.5
13. What is iOS ? Copyright iOS (known as iPhone OS prior to June 2010) is Apples mobile operating system. Originally developed for the iPhone, it has since been extended to support other Apple devices such as the iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV.
19. iOS SDK Copyright iOS Frameworks & APIs Development Tools Xcode IDE Interface Builder Instruments API Documentation iOS Simulator
20. iOS Development Environment Copyright Only Works On Mac-based System Again…!! Requires iOS SDK Installed XCode InterfaceBuilder Instruments iOS Simulator Available Few Cross-Platform Tools…!! E.g. Appcelator
21. iOS Reference Library Copyright Everything at one place