1. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Department of Internal Medicine
Contributing Faculty Members
Prof. S George Carruthers Prof. Enyioma Obineche
Prof. Michael Ellis
Dr. Ibrahim Galadari Dr. Edward Adeyemi
Dr. Hussein Saadi Dr. Jose Joseph
Dr. Srdjan Denic
1. Carruthers George, Hoffman Brian, Melmon Kenneth, Nierenberg
David, (Editors): Melmon and Morelli’s Textbook of Clinical
Pharmacology. 4th edition, New York: McGraw-Hill, 2000.
Chapters in Books
1. Carruthers SG: Hypertension, Cardiovascular Disorders, Chapter 23 in
Therapeutic Choices. Third Edition, Jean Gray (Editor). Canadian
Pharmaceutical Association, Ottawa, Ontario, pp. 180-190, 2000.
MHS-125 Faculty Publications 98-02
2. Department of Internal Medicine
1. Adeyemi EO, Abdulle AM: A comparison of plasma leptin levels in
obese and lean individuals in the United Arab Emirates. Nutr Res,
20(2): 157-166, 2000.
2. Adeyemi EO, Abdul-Shakur A. Comparison of maternal and cord blood
polymorphonuclear leukocyte elastase levels. J Perinat Med, 26:89-93,
3. Adeyemi EO, Adeghate E. Nitric oxide synthase - positive cells are
detectable in gastroduodenal biopsies of patients with dyspepsia: A
preliminary report. Biogenic Amines, 16(4,5):311-326, 2001.
4. Adeyemi EO, Amirlak I, Uduman K. Removal of plasma
polymorphonuclear leucocyte elastase and α-tumour necrosis factor in a
child with cerebral malaria by means of peritoneal dialysis. A case
report. Peritoneal Dialysis Int, 19(3): 269-270, 1999.
5. Adeyemi EO, Benedict S, Abdulle A. A comparison of plasma
polymorphonuclear leucocyte elastase levels in obese and lean
individuals. J Int Med Res, 26(5): 252-256, 1998.
6. Adeyemi EO, Danial MF, Helal T, Benedict S, Abdulle AM. The
outcome of a two-week treatment of Helicobacter pylori-positive
duodenal ulcer with omeprazole-based antibiotic regimen in a region
with high metronidazole resistance rate. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol,
7. Adeyemi EO, Obineche EN, Abdulle A, Osman A. Evaluation of
plasma beta-2 microglobulin in patients with the nephrotic syndrome.
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transplant, 12(2):151-156, 2001.
8. Adeyemi EO. The performance profile of medical students in the mock
objective structured clinical examination. Saudi Medical J,
9. Adeyemi EOA, Desai KD, Towsey M, Ghista D. Characterization of
autonomic dysfunction in patients with irritable bowel syndrome by
means of heart rate variability studies. Am J Gastroenterol, 94:
Research Affairs MHS-126
3. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
10. Bener A, Al-Kaabi SM, Pugh RNH, Al-Shadli AM, Abuzeid MSO,
Micallef R, Obineche E, Sabri SM, Wong TW: Prevalence of migraine
and headache in United Arab Emirates. Journal of the Bahrain Medical
Society, 12(4):179-186, 2000.
11. Bener A, Lestringant G, Nyomba B, Frossard P, Saadi H: Association
of acanthosis nigricans, hyperinsulinemia, and risk factors for
cardiovascular disease. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, 6(2 &
12. Bener A, Uduman SA, Qassimi EMA, Khalaily G, Sztriha L,
Kilpelainen H, Obineche EN. Genetic and environmental factors
associated with migraine in school children. Headache, 30;
13. Bener A, Denic S, Al-Mazrouei M. Consanguinity and family history of
cancer in children with leukaemia and lymphomas. Cancer, 1;92(1):1-6,
14. Bener A, Denic S, Alwash R. Screening for cervical cancer among
Arab women. Int J Gynaecol Obstet, 74:305-307, 2001.
15. Bener A, Denic S, Galadari S. Longer breast-feeding and protection
against childhood leukaemia and lymphomas. Eur J Cancer,
16. Bener A, Galadari I, Al Mutawa JK, Al Maskari F, Das M, Abuzeid
MSO. Respiratory symptoms and lung function in garage workers and
taxi drivers. J R S Health, 6: 338-345, 1998.
17. Bener A, Obineche EN, Gillett M, Pasha MAH, Bishawi B. Association
between blood levels of lead, blood pressure and risk of diabetes and
heart disease in workers. Int Arch Occup Environ Health, 74:375-378,
18. Carruthers SG. Management of hypertension in the elderly.
Pharmaceutical News, 8:13-22, 2001.
19. Curnock AI, Dwaik RA, Higgins B, Alejandro C, Saadi HF, Arroliga.
High prevalence of hypothyroidism in patients with primary pulmonary
hypertension. Am J Med Sciences, 318(5):289-292, 1999.
MHS-127 Faculty Publications 98-02
4. Department of Internal Medicine
20. Denic S, Bener A. Consanguinity decreases risk of breast cancer -
cervical cancer unaffected. Br J Cancer, 85;1675-1679, 2001.
21. Denic S. Preoperative treatment of advanced skin carcinoma with
cisplatin and belomycin. Am J Clin Oncol, 22(1): 32-34, 1999.
22. Dresser GK, Bailey DG, Carruthers SG: Grapefruit juice - felodipine
interaction in the elderly. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics,
23. Ellis M, Richardson M, de Pauw B: Epidemiology of invasive fungal
infections. Hospital Medicine, 61:605-609, 2000.
24. Ellis M, Richardson M: Management of invasive fungal infections.
Hospital Medicine, 61:615-619, 2000.
25. Ellis M: Amphotericin B preparations: a maximum tolerated dose in
severe invasive fungal infections? Transplant Infectious Disease, 2:
26. Ellis ME, Al-Abdely H, Sandridge A, Greer W, Ventura W. Fungal
endocarditis: evidence in the world literature 1965-1995. Clin Infect
Dis, 32:50-62, 2001.
27. Ellis ME, Rezeig M, Zwann F, Sheth K, Fox A, Borrow R. Antibody
responses in adult patients with chronic liver disease vaccinated with
hepatitis B pneumococcal, Haemophilus B and miningococcal vaccines
- a pilot prospective study. Emirates Med J, 19:43-49, 2001.
28. Ellis ME, Shamoon A, Gorka W, Zwann F, al-Ramadi B. Severe
hepatic injury associated with lipid formulations of amphotericin B.
Clin Infect Dis, 32:E87-E89, 2001.
29. Frossard PM, Bokhari AM, Lestringent GG, John A, Hill SH, Abdulle
AM, Obineche EN. Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion or
deletion dimorphism in pre-disposition to cardiovascular diseases
amongst United Arab Emirates’ Nationals. Saudi Med J,19(6):447-453,
30. Frossard PM, Hill S, Obineche EN, Bokhari AM, Lestringent GG, John
A, Abdulle AM. Association of angiotensinogen gene mutations with
hypertension and myocardial infarction in a Gulf population. Clin
Genet, 54: 285-293, 1998.
Research Affairs MHS-128
5. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
31. Frossard PM, Lestringent GG, Elshahat YI, John A, Obineche EN. An
MboI two-allele polymorphism may implicate the human renin gene in
primary hypertension. Hypertens Res, 21(3):221-225, 1998.
32. Frossard PM, Lestringent GG, Obineche EN, Hill SH. The angiotensin-
converting enzyme (ACE) gene insertion/deletion dimorphism tracks
with higher serum ACE activities in both younger and older subjects.
Ann Saudi Med, 18(5):389-392, 1998.
33. Frossard PM, Obineche EN, Elshahat YI, Lestringent GG, John A,
Parvez SH. Association study of G-75-A in the promoter of the human
apolipoprotein A1 gene - and essential hypertension. Biogenic Amines,
34. Frossard PM, Obineche EN, Lestringent GG. Association of an
apolipoprotein B gene marker with essential hypertension.
Hypertension, 33:1052-1056, 1999.
35. Galadari I, Galadari H. (2001). Endemic syphilis. eMedicine Journal
2(11), 1 November.
36. Galadari I, Hadi S. Reiter’s disease (Case Report). Gulf J Derm,
37. Galadari I, Rigel E, Lebwohl M. Cost of psoriasis treatments. Journal
of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
38. Galadari I. Pityriasis versicolor: Is it infectious or not? Gulf J Derm,
39. Gillett MPT, Obineche E, Lakhani MS, Abdulle AM, El Rokaimi M, El
Huda Suleiman MN. Levels of cholesteryl esters and other lipids in the
plasma of patients with end stage renal failure. Annals of Saudi
Medicine, 21(5-6), 283-286, 2001.
40. Gillett MPT, Obineche EN, El-Rokhaimi M, Lakhani MS, Abdulle A,
Sulaiman M. Lecithin:cholesterol acyltransfer, dyslipoproteinaemia and
membrane lipids in uraemia. J Nephrology, 14(6), 472-480, 2001.
41. Joseph J: Ibn’sina rounds: A young lady with pneumothorax. Emirates
Medical Journal, 18:246-247, 2000.
MHS-129 Faculty Publications 98-02
6. Department of Internal Medicine
42. Joseph J, Badrinath P, Sahn SA, Basran GS. .Is pleural fluid transudate
or exudates? A revisit of the diagnostic criteria. Thorax, 56:867-870,
43. Lestringent G, Kuster W, Galadari I, Frossard P. Congenital icthyosis,
follicular atrophoderma, hypotrichosis and hypohidosis. A new
genodermatosis? Dermatology. Gulf J Dermatol, 2:100-104, 1998.
44. Moussa N, Osman A, Yahya TM. Acute hyponatremic encephalopathy
after a cerebrovascular accident. Am J Med Sci, 316(1):56-59, 1998.
45. Obineche EN, Frossard PM, Bokhari AM. An association study of five
genetic loci and left ventricular hypertrophy amongst Gulf Arabs.
Hypertension Research, 24:635-639, 2001.
46. Obineche EN, Mensah-Brown E, Chandranath SI, Ahmed I, Nasser O,
Adem A. Morphological changes in the rat kidney following long-term
diabetes. Archives Physiol Bioch 109(3); 241-245, 2001.
47. Obineche EN, Mensah-Brown E, Chandranath SI, Arafat K, Adem A.
Loss of kidney IGF-1 receptors in experimental long-term diabetic rats.
Endocr Res, 27(3):293-302, 2001.
48. Reed RL, Revel A, Carter A, Saadi H, Dunn EV. A clinical trial of
chronic care diabetic clinics in general practice in the United Arab
Emirates: A preliminary analysis. Archives of Physiology and
49. Richardson M, Ellis M: Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of invasive
fungal infections. Hospital Medicine, 61:610-614, 2000.
50. Richardson M, Ellis M: Fungi, mycological disease and pathogenic
determinants. Hospital Medicine, 61:600-604, 2000.
51. Saadi H, Lestringant G, Nyomba B, Bener A: Association of acanthosis
nigricans with risk of diabetes and insulin resistance. Annals of Saudi
Medicine, 20(1):69-71, 2000.
52. Saadi H, Kleidermacher P, Esselstyn C. Conservative management of
patients with intrathyroidal well differentiated follicular thyroid
carcinoma. Surgery, 130:30-35, 2001.
Research Affairs MHS-130
7. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
53. Saadi H, Litaker D, Mills W, Kippes A, Richmond B. Practice variation
in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis - A case for more
effective physician education in primary care. Journal of Women's
Health and Gender-Based Medicine, 8(6): 767-771, 1999.
54. Saadi HF, Kurlander D, Erkins J, Hoogwerf B. Severe
hypertriglyceridaemia and acute pancreatitis during pregnancy:
treatment with gemfibrozil. Endocrine Pract, 5: 33-36, 1999.
55. Saadi HF. Detecting and managing subclinical hyperthyroidism.
Cleveland Clinic J Med, 65:65-66, 1998.
56. Uduman SA, Adeyemi E, El-Khadir A, Jose K, Benedict S, Bener A:
Haemophilus influenzae Type b still remains a leading cause of
meningitis among unvaccinated children - A prospective CSF analysis
study. J Trop Paed, 46:331-4, 2000.
57. Yahya TM, Moussa NA, Awad MO. Pernicious anemia and
neurophysiologic studies in Arabs. Int J Clin Pract, 54(3): 152-154,
58. Yahya TM, Pingle A, Boobes Y, Pingle S. Analysis of 490 kidney
biopsies: Data from the United Arab Emirates Renal Diseases Registry.
J Nephrol, 11(3):148-150, 1998.
59. Yahya TM. Diabetic nephropathy: An emerging challenge in the
Arabian Gulf countries. Int J Diabetes, 6:34-42, 1998.
1. Adem A, Obineche EN, Mensah Brown E, Chandranath S, Arafat K.
Morphological features of renal damage in STZ-induced diabetes
mellitus. 8th Annual Workshop on Diabetes Mellitus (Diabetes
Research Group), Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, 29 March 2001.
2. Adem A, Obineche EN, Mensah Brown E, Chandranath SI, Arafat K.
Effect of long-term diabetes on rat kidney IGF-1 receptors. 8th Annual
Workshop on Diabetes Mellitus (Diabetes Research Group), Al Ain,
United Arab Emirates, 29 March 2001.
MHS-131 Faculty Publications 98-02
8. Department of Internal Medicine
3. Adem A, Obineche EN, Mensah-Brown E, Chandranath SI, Arafat K.
Loss of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptors in experimental long-term
diabetic rats. 2nd Annual Research Conference, UAE University, Al
Ain, United Arab Emirates, 17-18 April 2001.
4. Adeyemi EO, Abdulle AM. In obesity, glucose load does not alter
leptin secretion. UAE Diabetes Society Meeting, Al Ain, United Arab
Emirates, 1 April 1998.
5. Adeyemi EO, Abdulle M, Thanaa H, Danial M, Samar A, Jones A.
Assessment of the diagnostic accuracy of four commonly used methods
of H. pylori detection in patients with dyspepsia. American College of
Gastroenterology Meeting, Boston, United States of America, 12-14
6. Adeyemi EO, Desai KD, Towsey M, Ghista D. Characterisation of
autonomic dysfunction in patients with irritable bowel syndrome by
means of heart rate variability studies. American College of
Gastroenterology Meeting, Boston, United States of America, 12-14
7. Al Maini MH, Al Mohri HA, Richens ER, Elajeb EM, Al Riyami BM,
Zhou T, Mountz JD, Svenson KLG. Soluble FAS levels - A potential
marker of organ damage in SLE? American College of Rheumatology
(ACR), 62 Annual Scientific Meeting, San Diego, California, United
States of America, 8-12 November 1998.
8. Alfurayh O, Chabaan, Pall A, Ellis M: Interferon alpha for chronic
hepatitis C in hemodialysis patients - a randomized prospective
controlled study. American Society of Nephrology. October 2000.
9. Brian Hoffman and Carruthers SG: Hypertension. Chapter 1 in Melmon
and Morelli’s Textbook of Clinical Pharmacology, Carruthers George,
Hoffman Brian, Melmon Kenneth, Nierenberg David (Editors). 4th
edition New York: McGraw-Hill, 2000.
10. Carruthers SG. The diabetic hypertensive (or hypertensive diabetic) – A
compelling need to optimize blood pressure. In Advances in
Experimental Medicine and Biology. Vol 498. Diabetes and
Cardiovascular Disease: Etiology, Treatment, and Outcomes edited by
Aubie Angel, Naranjan Dhalla, Grant Pierce and Pawan Singal. Kluwer
Research Affairs MHS-132
9. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Academic / Plenum Publishers New York, Boston, Dordrecht, London,
Moscow, 2001 pp 119-125..
11. Denic S, Saadi H, Joseph J: Treatment of oscillating chronic
myelogenous leukemia (CML) with hydroxyurea (HU): A model of
periodically inhibited oscillator with treatment and prognostic
implications. The Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical
Oncology. May 2000.
12. Denic S: Thirty-sixth Annual Meeting, American Society of Clinical
Oncology, New Orleans, LA, USA. 19-23 May, 2000.
13. Denic S, Bener A. Consanguinity decreases risk of breast cancer -
cervical cancer unaffected. 11th International Congress on Anti-Cancer
Treatment, Paris, France, 6-9 February 2001.
14. Denic S, Bener A. Longer breast-feeding and protection against
childhood leukaemia and lymphomas. 2nd Annual Research
Conference at UAE University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, 17-18
15. Editorial Advisory Committee including Carruthers SG: Herbs
Everyday Reference for Health Professionals. Frank Chandler (Editor).
Canadian Pharmacists Association, Canadian Medical Association,
16. Ellis M, Abdely H, Sandridge A. A review of fungal endocarditis in the
world literature over 30 years. 1st International Congress on Infectious
and Tropical Diseases, Muscat, Oman. April 2000.
17. Ellis M: Emerging fungal infections in the immunocompromised host:
implications for therapy. Conference on Challenges of Emerging
Infections. Kuwait University, April 2000.
18. Ellis M: Invasive aspergillosis. European Organisation for Research and
Treatment of Cancer - International Antimicrobial Trials Group, Genoa,
Italy. December 2000.
19. Ellis M. Aspergillus Endocarditis. The Aspergillus website. http//
MHS-133 Faculty Publications 98-02
10. Department of Internal Medicine
20. Ellis M. Chronic invasive rhinocerebral aspergillosis in a clinically
immunocompetent patient. IFOS World ENT Conference, Cairo, Egypt,
21. Ellis M. Management of antibiotic resistant neutropenic fever and
invasive aspergillosis. Beirut, Lebanon, 2001.
22. Ellis M. Moving targets, evolving therapeutics, failures and aspirations
- where are we going in cancer infection. 4th International Cancer
Conference, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 2001.
23. Frossard P, Obineche EN, Lestringant G. Association of apolipoprotein
β gene with essential hypertension. XVth International Congress of
Nephrology. Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2-6 May 1999.
24. Galadari I: Lasers in dermatology. Third Plast 2000 Conference,
Dubai, UAE. April 2000.
25. Galadari I: The truth in cosmetic surgery. Dubai, UAE. August 2000.
26. Galadari I: Different methods for hair removal. Fifth Pan Arab League
of Dermatology, Tunisia. October 2000.
27. Galadari I. Different types of hair removal laser. AAD Meeting,
Washington, USA. March 2001.
28. Galadari I. Side effects of hair removal laser. 6th GCC Dermatology
Conference, Dubai, UAE. November 2001.
29. Galadari I. Sweat gland tumours. 6th GCC Dermatology Conference,
Dubai, UAE. November 2001.
30. Galadari I. 5th GCC Dermatology. Muscat, Oman, 3rd December 1999.
31. Gillet MPT, Obineche EN, Lakhani MS, Abdulle AM, El Huda
Sulaiman MN, Al-Rokhaimi M, Amirlack I. Acquired CAT deficiency
in uraemia-membrane lipid changes and the effects of haemodialysis.
European Dialysis and Transplant Association Meeting, Rimini, Italy,
6-9 June, 1998.
32. Gillett MPT, Obineche EN, Abdulle AM, Al-Rukhaimi M, Sulaiman M.
Plasma non-esterified fatty acid levels and lipid risk factors in peritoneal
dialysis and haemodialysis patients in the United Arab Emirates. IX
Research Affairs MHS-134
11. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Congress of the International Society for Peritoneal Dialysis, Montreal,
Quebec, Canada, 26-29 June 2001.
33. Hussain R, Shahin A, Gohar H, Benedict S, Yahya T, Lukic ML. T-cell
subsets, HCV IgM and autoantibody production in responders and non-
responders to interferon-α therapy. British Society of Immunology
Congress, Harrogate, UK, 30 November-3 December 1999.
34. Joseph J, Badrinath P, Basran GS, Sahn SA: A comparison of pleural
effusion classification criteria using ROC analysis in 200 patients. A
36720, Chest. October 2000.
35. Joseph J, Badrinath P, Basran GS, Sahn SA: A comparison of pleural
effusion classification criteria using ROC analysis in 200 patients.
American College of Chest Physicians, 66th Annual International
Scientific Assembly, San Francisco, USA. 22 October 2000.
36. National Kidney Foundation (NKF), Orlando, Florida, USA, 17-22
37. Neuroscientists of Africa Conference (SONA), Nairobi, Kenya, 23-27
38. Obineche EN, Adeyemi EO, Abdulle AM, Abdul-Rahman O:
Evaluation of β2- microglobulin in health and patients with the
nephrotic syndrome. 9th Annual National Kidney Foundation Clinical
Nephrology Meeting. 13-16 April, 2000.
39. Obineche EN, Frossard PM, Lestringent GG. Correlation between
human renin RFLPs and essential hypertension. Am Jr Kidney
Diseases. 7th Annual Spring Clinical Nephrology Meetings of the
National Kidney Foundation (NKF), Nashville, Tennessee, United
States of America, 26-29 March 1998.
40. Obineche EN, Gillett MPT, Lakhani MS, Abdulle AM, Amirlak I, El
Huda Sulaiman MN, El Rokhaimi M. Lipid status of patients with end
stage renal failure. 1st GCC Organ Transplantation Congress, Abu
Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 11 February 1998.
41. Obineche EN, Gillett MTP, Abdulle AM, Al Rukhaimi M, Suleiman
MN. Increase in plasma cholesteryl esters following haemodialysis.
MHS-135 Faculty Publications 98-02
12. Department of Internal Medicine
ASN/ISN World Congress of Nephrology, San Francisco, USA, 13-17
42. Obineche EN, Gillett MTP, Lakhani MS, Abdulle AM, El-Huda
Sulaiman MN, El Rokhaimi M. Routine effective monitoring of lipid
status of uraemic patients; single plasma cholestryl ester percentage
determination versus a batch of lipid, lipoprotein and enzyme
measurements. XVth International Congress of Nephrology. Buenos
Aires, Argentina. 2-6 May 1999.
43. Obineche EN, Mensah-Brown E, Adem A. Kidney insulin-like growth
factor-1 (IGF-1) receptor changes in experimental diabetic rats.
ASN/ISN World Congress of Nephrology, San Francisco, California,
USA, 13-17 October 2001.
44. Punnose J, Osman AR, Mugamer I, Yahya TM. Emphysematous
pyelonephritis in type II diabetes - Al Ain experience. 5 Annual
Workshop on diabetes mellitus, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, 2 April
45. Reed R, Revel A, Carter A, Saadi H, Dunn EV. A clinical trial of
chronic care diabetic clinics in general practice in the United Arab
Emirates: A preliminary analysis. Al Ain Diabetic Research Group
Meeting, Budapest, Hungary,1 July 2001.
46. Saadi H, Reed R, Carter A, Qazak H, Al-Suhaili A: Bone density
measurements using ultrasound technology and assessment of risk
factors for osteoporosis in healthy young UAE National women. The
1st Pan Arab Osteoporosis Meeting. October 2000.
47. Saadi H: Diabetes mellitus and its complications. The First Annual
Meeting for Clinical Dieticians in the UAE, Al Ain, UAE. 23-24 April
48. Saadi H: Medical problems of the climacteric. International Journal of
Diabetes Continuing Medical Education Program, Al Ain, UAE. 1 June
49. Saadi H: Osteoporosis in the United Arab Emirates. The Bone Club, Al
Ain, UAE. March 2000.
Research Affairs MHS-136
13. Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
50. Saadi H, Kleidermacher S, Vanderburg M, Esselsty6n C. Lobectomy or
subtotal thyroidectomy is adequate treatment for follicular thyroid
carcinoma in selected patients. 72nd Annual Meeting of the American
Thyroid Association. Palm Beach Florida, USA, September 1999.
51. Saadi H, Lestringant G, Nyomba B, Bener A. Association of acanthosis
nigricans with diabetes mellitus insulin resistance and atherosclerosis in
subjects from the Arabian Peninsula. 59th American Diabetes
Association Meeting, San Diego, USA, 12-15 June 1999. Diabetes,
48(1): A394, 1999.
52. Saadi H, Reed R, Carter A, Dunn E, Al-Suhaili A. Determinants of bone
density in a population-based sample of Arabian women. The
proceedings of the 83rd Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society,
Denver, Colorado, USA, 20-23 June 2001.
53. Saadi H, Reed R, Carter A, Dunn E, Qazak H, Al-Suhaili A.
Determinants of bone density in a population-based sample of Arabian
women. Presented at the 2nd UAE University Research Conference in
Al Ain, UAE, 18 April 2001.
54. Saadi HF. The Bone Program, Middle East Medical Assembly,
American University of Beirut, May 7-9,1999.
55. Yahya T, Benedict S: Chloroquine (CQ) enhances neutrophil surface
expression and extracellular release of cathepsin G (CG). American
Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, San Diego, USA. 3
56. Yahya TM. A common serum electrolyte abnormality. Medical Grand
Rounds, Al Ain Hospital. Al Ain, United Arab Emirates. 7 February
57. Yahya TM. Benedict S, Shaheen A. Effect of chloroquine on neutrophil
surface expression of CD18. XVth International Congress of
Nephrology, Buenos Aires, Argentina, May 2-6, 1999.
58. Yahya TM. Clinical Clerkships in Internal Medicine at the Faculty of
Medicine & Health Sciences, UAE University. Symposium: Feedback
on Teaching of Internal Medicine at the College of Medicine, Sultan
Qaboos University, Oman, 8 April 1999
MHS-137 Faculty Publications 98-02
14. Department of Internal Medicine
59. Yahya TM. Diabetic nephropathy, what is new? 2nd Ras Al Khaimah
Renal Day. Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates, 25 November 1999.
60. Yahya TM. The etiologic profile of chronic glomerular diseases in the
Gulf Cooperative Council countries. 1st GCC Organ Transplantation
Congress, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 17 February 1998.
61. Yahya TM. Diabetes and the kidney. CME course - Update on
Nephrology. Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, Al Ain, United
Arab Emirates. 26 February 1999.
62. Yahya TM. Diabetic nephropathy. Second Annual Symposium on
Diabetes Mellitus. Dibba Hospital, Dibba, United Arab Emirates. 4
Research Affairs MHS-138